Wardrobe room – optimal option for accurate accommodation and storage of clothes, shoes and other things. It can be spacious or tiny, have a different form, filling, design and location. However, the most familiar and convenient for all the place for the dressing room is an entrance hall.
Features and advantages
The wardrobe can be an integer room or a small wardrobe. And in that, and in another case, it has a number of its features and advantages:
- Compactity. A small, neat wardrobe can fit even in the hallway of very modest sizes. Most often for this purpose use built-in models.
- Availability. The modern diversity of construction and finishing materials allows you to create very inexpensive models that will not hit the family budget and, at the same time, they will greatly cope with the tasks entrusted to them.
- Convenience. The wardrobe is the place of simultaneous storage of a variety of things (clothes, shoes, gloves, hats, umbrellas, bags). It is much more convenient when all these items are in one place, and not decomposed on different shelves, stands, racks, as it often happens.
In addition to these things in the wardrobe, it is quite possible to store economic and sports inventory.
The advantages of the dressing room are:
- Aesthetics. Thanks to the work of designers, every person has a unique opportunity to be beautiful, original, creatively decorate its hallway with a piece of furniture, which also performs a significant functional load.
- Practicality. Dressing rooms are usually performed from very durable, durable, wear-resistant materials that do not require too complicated care.
- Correction of the room. The built-in wardrobe will be the perfect solution to fill the niche or a small storage room, which was not planned to be used differently. Wardrobe can perfectly disguise the irregularities and flaw walls. A mirror adorning the furniture facade will add to a small place of light and visually will expand it.
In addition to the merits, there are several drawbacks:
- The inability to transfer the built-in wardrobe to another place;
- Mounting complexity (built-in model);
- Despite compactness, the wardrobe occupies enough space. This is especially noticeable within a narrow or small corridor.
Dressing room may differ from each other by several parameters (configuration, size, design, filling, material, decor).
Corner dressing room
This option is most often used in small parishion. It is often the only optimal option for arrangement, Khrushchev’s corridor, for example. Competently thoughtful internal filling allows you to carefully and most rationally place the clothes of all households.
So that the structure does not look too cumbersome, the internal system must combine open and closed modules, compartments, boxes, shelves.
Open dressing room
Open dressing room. It is used for the hallways of different sizes, but preferably for small rooms. Of the advantages of such a design, the feeling of free, light space should be noted.
However, do not forget that all things and clothing will all the time will be open for prying eyes.
Such a system consists of wooden or plastic racks, spacious open shelves (in the lower part there may be several shelves with doors), woven baskets, drawers. Along the shelves or boxes with shoes you can arrange a small soft sofa or pouf. Very often, the open-style dressing room is a smooth continuation of the room, therefore it is drawn up in a single style with it.
Such a storage system ideally looks in spacious premises. The wardrobe can be very small or have several sections from each other. The advantages of this species are obvious – things are decomposed in careful order, hidden from prying eyes, they do not fall on the outside.
If the closed dressing room is not just a closet, but a whole room, then it will be convenient for it to try on a new outfit or change clothes. Dressing room can be equipped with swing or sliding doors.
The first option looks perfect in the classic interior. Of course, swing doors require large space, but they can be given the original and stylish look with interesting items of decor or beautiful fittings.
Sliding doors do not “eat” space, convenient to use, and their wide, smooth and smooth surface can be a great basis for various decor options.
Built-in dressing room
Built-in dressing room has a number of advantages over hull counterparts. Among them:
- The cost of the design is significantly lower due to the savings of material on the frame, which often replace the walls, ceiling and the floor of the storage room itself or niche.
- Sustainability. Notice a niche is impossible, which cannot be said about a separate cabinet.
- Sensation of holistic, monolithic design. All elements of the wardrobe are very tightly adjusted with each other and under the room itself. In addition, the wardrobe armsed in a niche or storage room visually increases a small space.
- Organic. Built-in wardrobe perfectly fits in any interior.
- Optimality. An embodiment with the built-in wardrobe can sometimes be the only option for the room with a complex architectural form.
The shortcomings are a bit, but they are:
- The impossibility of using a standard design (built-in wardrobe is made individually for a specific niche size);
- Mounting and assembly complexity.
Today there are practically no restrictions on the choice of materials for creating and designing a dressing room. These can be budget and elite options for every taste and wallet. Among the most used materials today: laminated chipboard, MDF, genuine wood, metal, plastic, glass, mirror.
The most original models are found in combination of several different materials on the texture, for example, wood and glass, plastic and photo ware.
The tree is a wonderful natural material that has long been vastly popular in the construction and finishing of houses, the creation of furniture, interior design. Today, few people prefer to use an array for creating wardrobe rooms, choosing more budget materials.
However, replace the noble, beautiful, durable, “live” wood with its unique smell and healing properties is almost impossible.
Wardrobe from an array of oak, beech, alder, ash, pine, maple is made to order. Such models have a number of advantages:
- Strength, durability;
- Excellent decorative properties;
- Ecology, security.
Wood – very fatty material. From it you can create the most complex design in the architectural plan and carved decorative elements. It looks great in natural form and is suitable for staining, pasting, toning, artificial formation.
Wooden wardrobe in any interior looks appropriate, expensive and worthy.
Place a dressing room in the hallway or corridor can be different. It all depends on its layout, size, design project, the dimensions of the furniture itself:
- In niche. Such an architectural element as a niche helps to create a separate, compact and beautifully organized wardrobe room even in a one-room apartment. Of course, it must match the style and color decision interior of the hallway.
Doors in niche can be sliding, swing, folding (by the type of harmonic) or swinging.
- If the design of the storage room or niche is not provided, then the wardrobe can be arranged in an empty corner of the hallway. Even a small wardrobe will quite cope with its task, the main thing is that it is as high as possible. On the upper shelf you can arrange hats, bags, suitcases, seasonal boxes.
- If the dimensions of the hallway allow, then the wardrobe system can be positioned along one of the walls. It can consist of a wardrobe, open or closed rack, mezzanine and other elements.
Organization of space
From how correctly the space is organized and the smallest details are thought out, the general view of the wardrobe room and ease of use depends:
- The layout begins with the design of the largest and long branches under the clothes. Shelves, boxes, baskets are designed by the residual principle.
- The depth of the standard shelf usually does not exceed 1 meter. More spacious shelves must be retractable.
- The length of the rod under the hangers should not be more than 1-1.2 meters due to the possibility of sagging under heavy top clothing.
- The passage between racks should not be less than 60 cm, and if retractable drawers and shelves are provided with constructive features, then another half-meter should be added to comfortable use.
As for the design, the wardrobe must be harmoniously combined with the common interior of the hallway. Always relevant classic – natural materials, traditional colors, mirror design.
Beautifully and gently decompose and welcome the necessary clothes, linen, shoes and other things will help properly organized inner wardrobe space.
Among the main functional elements that will help cope with this task, the following can be allocated:
- Barbell or pantograph (to accommodate hangers with clothing);
- Trousers and skirts;
- Hangers under ties, umbrellas, belts;
- Sections for storing economic and sports equipment.
Boxes, shelves, baskets are used for storage of bed and underwear, other things. They can be solid or cellular, open and closed, stationary and retractable.
The lower tier is used for storing shoes, top – for hats, bedding.
Tips for arrangement
In order to maximizely equip the dressing room, it is necessary to pay attention not only for design, materials, but also on such important things as lighting and ventilation:
- Lighting. Perfect option – Spotlights, giving bright, multiple light. Volumetric chandeliers are undesirable to use – they will “eat” and without that small space, they are inadvertently can be hurting with hand at fitting clothes.
- Ventilation. Permanent circulation of air is needed to protect the clothes from the appearance of an unpleasant odor. You can consider the option with a small air conditioner or fan.
Materials from which the wardrobe will be manufactured must be practical and not to demand special care, because water and street dirt will be entered here.
Do not overload the room by an abundance of decor. Wardrobe, first of all, must fulfill its functional tasks. Mirror, Matte glass, Sandblasting ornament, Lacomat, Lacobe, Inserts from bamboo or rattan – These modern finishing materials will help stylish, elegantly and originally issued the room.