The owners of cottages and country houses began to increasingly decorate their sections with arbors performing not only decorative, but also practical function. Such a design in the warm season will be a real highlight of the private site and a favorite vacation spot for all family members and their guests.
Features and destination
Pergola’s gazebo in a simple sense – this is located near the main building structure or canopy. In the past, the main purpose of the pergola was supporting and strengthening the grape vine. She also eased harvesting berries.
The simplicity and non-durability of the structure contributed to the fact that in a short time it was transferred from the category of buildings of an exceptionally practical nature into elements that complement the landscape design of the site. Pergola performs several tasks at once, so it can not be called only an arche for curly plants. Multifunctionality of the gazebo is expressed in the following.
- Decorative function. Pergola is an ornament of any landscape. Its shape and curly vegetation on it create a separate vertical zone on the plot, where in hot time you can hide from the burning of sunlight and enjoy the cool shadow.
- Practical tasks. The gazebo has not changed its main purpose: so far, many daches use it as support for the grape vines, with which it is easier to collect a crop.
- Utility function. With the help of a gazebo-pergola you can hide other unattractive economic structures (garage, shed).
In addition to the above advantages, Pergola Light Design Performance. Therefore, it is quite possible to build on his own, relying on the advice and recommendations of specialists. For this, the minimum number of building material is used, because the main part of the building is occupied by vegetation cover: grapes or other curly plants.
However, if the gazebo is planned to be used at any time of the year, then when it is built, it is necessary to take care of the protection against wind and precipitation.
Features of the construction of pergola.
- Smooth base. It can be achieved by concreting platform, a crumb to layer, paving slabs or lawn.
- Material. Pergolas can be metallic, plastic, stone, wooden. The easiest, convenient, and therefore often used material for building a gazebo – wood. Such a structure is often decorated with intricate carvings and additional elements of the decor, for example, figures in the form of fabulous animals.
- Gazebo size. It depends on how harmoniously the construction will fit into the overall setting. A low and narrow structure looks unattractive, the optimal height of the structure should be 2-3 m.
- Vegetation. Pergola looks very aesthetically attractive when curly plants awake around it: grapes, ivy, wisteria, Clematis. During their active growth, pergola turns into a real island, where, if you wish, you can retire or sit by the Mangala family at the time when the street is raw and uncomfortable.
A light canopy or a series of arches, with which the gazebo-pergola is created, have a number of benefits:
- A competently designed design will become not only aesthetic addition to the plot, but also a place for a full-fledged rest;
- The plot under the arborement can be completely shaped or reduced its illumination;
- The construction does not need a large number of building materials;
- Ecology – most often such arbors are built from natural materials, so the pastime in them improves not only the mood, but also the general condition of a person;
- As a sheat, you can use natural or artificial material.
Review of species
Gazebo-Pergola is not only an architectural structure consisting of an openwork green corridor performing practical and aesthetic functions. It is a separate, very independent element of the site design. Pergola can be performed as a used building or a separate building.
Distinguish the following typical varieties of design.
- Wooden, plastic or metal shadow canopy. The compacted top coverage of such a structure makes it look like a classic awning gazebo. However, the walls in the form of a lattice are not solid, but a partial shadow.
If the design is adjacent to the wall of the house, then visually it resembles the usual veranda, inside which can be easily located benches for recreation or even a small playground.
- Tunnel. With it, it is equipped with a garden track that leads to the house. Benches often feature such a design. Especially attractive, such a construction looks in warm season, when all the wounded plants are fluttered.
- Fence. With this option, pergola can be used in the case when the area of the site is small, but there is a desire to create a full-fledged closed space. Additionally, using such a design you can hide unsightly places: street restroom, shed, garage, cesspool. That is, two in one.
- Visor. Such buildings are characteristic of southern areas where the time of the day is longer. Artificial blackout space makes it possible to create a blowable wind, protected from sunlight, a cozy zone where you can easily sit even at the hottest time of the day.
Types of gazebo pergol depending on the degree of openness.
- Open. They are characterized by the complete absence of side walls, so the frame remains blowing. The overall picture complements the small amount of curly plants.
- Semi-open. They create partial shading, which is achieved using the design and vegetation itself.
- Closed. The massive roof and solid walls of the structure make it completely self-built, which can protect not only from the Sun, but also from bad weather. Additionally, you can equip a barbecue place.
Depending on the shape of the gazebo-pergola come in the following.
- Wounded structures. They resemble a summer terrace with a wide visor and a lattice roof.
- Arched facilities. They are appropriate in the case when it is necessary to emphasize the passage along the path to the house.
- Pergolas of a square or angular form with a smooth or inclined coating. In appearance, they resemble classic gazebos, while occupying a small area.
- Fan, multi-level, semicircular designs. Such arbors will be able to decorate a plot with exquisite and elegant design.
Pergolas can be classic type or combine non-standard curly images and motifs.
Most popular styles.
- Rustic (country). It is characterized by geometrically proper form of construction, minimalism.
As a rule, such structures are multifunctional and consist of natural materials.
- High tech. The originality of the shape and design is reminded of high technologies. In such arbors use the appropriate decor: Space Silhouettes, Fantasy Elements.
- Modern. The sophisticated design has thicker lines that are combined with contrasting elements.
- East. To build in this style, a pyramid roof and concave walls are characterized. The most commonly used colors – brown or dark red.
- Chalet. Building for giving, where brand must be attended, or a surrounding furnace, near which you can arrange a stunning barbecue. This comfortable building gives not only heat, but also the ability to cook food on coals.
- Fakhverk. Practical gazebo rustic type. To build it, materials are used as high quality.
Gazon-Pergola – the dream of many dachens and country house owners. If you wish, it can be constructed independently or use the services of professionals. Among the large number of decent examples of the design, the following can be distinguished.
- Wooden Pergola Tent It is not only a place where you can hide from the burning of sunlight, but also a beautiful space for a full-fledged holiday.
- Pergola with fireplace creates a very cozy, family atmosphere. If you add a summer curved greens in it, the effect will be just amazing. Therefore, such a structure is often called “two in one”.
- Romantic mood can be created using a metal arch, the roof of which is made of polycarbonate. Supplement the atmosphere of gentle, but dense curtains creating a solitary, intimate setting.
- Punch-type pergola-visor will give the opportunity to feel protected and at the same time enjoy the beauties of the surrounding landscape.
- Pergola-fence – an excellent idea to protect the site and make it more cozy and attractive. Summer terrace with a place to relax will be one of the most beloved and attractive locations.
How to make a gazebo-pergola with your own hands, look in the video.