The greenhouse is one of the effective ways to grow vegetables in a closed soil, and therefore such structures today are found on many private territories, where there is a small piece of free land, while the greenhouses can be warm and cold. The first type is adapted to winter cold, and therefore plants can grow in them throughout the year. An important component of such a facility is the foundation that perceives all external loads.
The foundation for the greenhouse is a kind of support, on which the main structural elements are fixed. It is impossible to submit such a structure without a reason capable of extending the service life of the structure several times.
Technically, these designs very often resemble the foundations of classic residential buildings or small buildings, but only a few smaller. The use of bases for greenhouses has many positive parties. For example, with the help of the foundation, the carcass greenhouse is reliably fixed to the soil, which does not allow the design to move under the influence of wind or other external influences.
Also, the foundation increases the carrier durability of the frame. On such a basis, you can already establish more complex systems, while the presence of the foundation minimizes the destruction of the structure and does not allow it to affect it.
If the greenhouse is raised above the ground, then this approach allows you to preserve more heat inside it – Thus, you can minimize the cost of heating system.
The foundation is a barrier to penetrate the building of moles and other similar pests. It concerns only concrete and brick grounds that are placed in the soil. If only a wooden timber is used as a support, it will not save from rodents.
It should be noted that the foundation does not always protect – it can lead to cracks or skews in the frame. This is due to the violation of the construction technologies of such structures.
The foundation for the greenhouse is a support that will affect the quality of the growth of all plants, so when it is constructed, it is necessary to correctly determine the type of foundation. Today, several types of foundations are used for such purposes:
- Wood. The design of wood is difficult to call the foundation – technically this is a kind of support for the future frame. It makes it from several bars, which are stacked throughout the perimeter of the structure. Some experts recommend fixing wood on pipe or concrete columns. This design is fully figurative, which makes it mobile and independent. Wooden foundation is easy to build, but the bar is not able to withstand external climatic influences and rotates very quickly, regardless of whether it will be treated or not.
- Concrete brick. The base of such materials is a system of bricks, which is bonded between a certain type of concrete. The foundation of this type is characterized by a slight weight and relatively good strength. Also, the design is pretty well withstanding physical exertion. But the material quickly absorbs water, so it does not keep warm. You can fix this situation with additional insulation.
- Blust. Some experts build a foundation from blocks, it can be made quite quickly. But such structures also poorly hold warm, which does not allow it to use it in the cold periods of the year.
- Tape. One of the most complex and common foundations, it is built of stone and concrete. This construction can withstand high loads. Such foundations are durable and can be operated with constant exposure to water and temperature drops. But the design is very badly kept heat, and its construction requires certain skills.
- Column and pile. Both of these constructions are similar, since they consist of vertical supporting elements located around the perimeter of the future foundation. The first type is built of sleepers, concrete columns or pipes, and it is important to correctly select the sizes of the supports so that they can withstand significant loads. Screw piles are used in a bunched ground, which allows you to get a persistent system capable of withstanding the soil movement and its instability. This foundation is easy to build, but it is necessary to finish it to remove all the holes between the supports. But with the right approach, you can get a warm base that will be suitable for planting the greenhouse.
- Slab. Whole plates are used as a foundation, which completely close the entire surface of the soil around the perimeter. This design is very well preventing rodent penetration inside the greenhouse. But the construction of such a foundation is expensive and therefore used only for industrial greenhouses.
Selection for a greenhouse material
The foundation for the greenhouse is often selected depending on which design will be installed on it, and when the system will be operated. At the same time, experts recommend to follow several ordinary tips:
- Foundation from wood able to withstand only a small weight. Therefore, it is used only for small plastic greenhouses, although wood is capable of withstanding and metal structures.
- Concrete foundation It is well opposed to loads – you can install large greenhouses from metal, glass, polycarbonate and plastic on it. This type of base is universal and can be used for almost any types of soils.
- Foundation from foam blocks. This material is well hampered by the penetration of moisture, so such a foundation is formed on wet soils, where it is necessary to protect crops from negative impact.
- The foundation from the brick misses moisture. With its construction, you need additional waterproofing. Such a base is suitable for structures made of wood coated with polymer films.
Today, polycarbonate is used for the construction of greenhouses. It is much easier than glass, so almost all types of foundations can be applied for such structures. But the specialists are still recommended to give preferences from concrete, brick or other solid mineral product.
Which is better?
The choice of foundation under the greenhouse is not a challenging task. Today, such structures use several structures. In this case, there are no universal foundations capable of satisfying all the requirements of greenhouse owners.
Each of the foundations has its advantages. For example, wooden structures are lungs and quickly built. For their installation, the builder’s experience is not needed, as it is necessary to simply correctly place the ram around the perimeter. Concrete structures or foundations of brick and stone have increased strength characteristics, but do not always allow the desired level of thermal insulation.
Therefore, when choosing a base under greenhouse, it is important to take into account many parameters, among which the framework of the framework of the frame and the period of growing plants is the main. If it is planned to engage in industrial production of vegetables, then only tape or monolithic systems are suitable. It is also important to analyze dachnikov reviews about various types of facilities – this will allow you to choose the optimal option of the foundation depending on the type of soil and climatic conditions.
Greenhouse is a special building where cultural plants can be grown. This is achieved through the use of transparent framework materials, as well as heat retention inside the system. The size of this structure is not standard, as they depend only on the land plot and the technical capabilities of the owner.
Therefore, the dimensions of the foundation in most cases are selected individually. Many dackets build greenhouses 4×6 or 4×8 m. But there are more enormous facilities that need a reinforced basis. Therefore, when building such systems, they increase the width and depth of support.
Installation of the foundation for greenhouses – a pretty simple operation that is easy to make with your own hands. But to get a durable design, it is necessary to correctly select the material for the base in accordance with the external load on it.
The construction of any foundation from its design begins. This process consists of several consecutive actions.
First, the calculation of all the parameters of the greenhouse – This is important, since the size of the foundation depend on the characteristics of the frame. All these values are selected individually and depend only on the needs of a particular person.
Then you need to choose a suitable place. Here you need to take into account the characteristics of the soil and the influence of the Sun. It is desirable that the sun rays fall inside the greenhouse throughout the day. Installation in highly shaded places is not allowed, as this will lead to the need to install additional lighting.
Step-by-step instructions for the establishment of the foundation involves several general provisions for all types of structures.
- Arrangement of formwork. The depth of the RAVE depends on the chosen type of foundation. For example, for ribbon bases you need to dig a trench of a depth of more than 50 cm. Designs of wood or bricks can be mounted on the pillow, the thickness of which is 20-40 cm, depending on the load on it.
- Preparation of the foundation. This step involves the leveling of the soil, as well as its seal with sand. Wood foundations are complemented by a pillow for which they are installed. It is important to form a solid lining for the main design.
- Installation of foundation. At this stage, fastening wooden bars or fill concrete into formwork. Installation technology is selected individually.
If it is decided to use the wood as a material for the foundation, then it must be additionally processed.
The algorithm of work with such materials can be described by a specific sequence of actions.
- Alignment of the base and laying of waterproofing. Supported referee and other similar materials are used as such products. It is important to align high quality and compact the foundation.
- When the basis is ready, you should cover wood bars with protective means. Here use impregnations and primers. There are many different antiseptics, solutions against rodents and insects, as well as liquids that prevent rapid rotting.
- Installation of timber and protection of its upper part by another layer of rubberoid.
Works related wood processing, relatively simple and can be carried out independently. If a ribbon or brick foundation was built, then it practically does not need additional processing.
One of the processing methods can be considered waterproofing. Today, for such purposes, rubberoid or liquid solutions based on bitumen or other petroleum products are used.
Useful Tips and Recommendations
Installation of the foundation for greenhouse is mandatory, since the quality and life of the entire structure depends on this. When erending such a design, several simple tips should be followed below.
Be sure to control the geometric form of the foundation. If the building is rectangular, then you need to measure the diagonal – they must be equal.
It is necessary to take into account the structure of the soil and the level of groundwater. If the soil is very movable, then it is desirable to build a screw base that will not depend on these factors.
The height of the foundation above the surface should be 1/3 of the total value.
Properly built base – this is half success. Therefore, it is necessary to use only high-quality materials for greenhouse foundations and comply with installation technologies.
How to make the foundation for greenhouses correctly, look in the following video.