There is nothing better than spending warm summer evenings in a family or friends in a private country area. In a beautiful and cozy gazebo, you can fully enjoy the nature, fresh air in any weather. But the gazebo for the cottage is not only a cozy and comfortable place of joint pastime in the fresh air. It is able to become a real decoration of the local area and harmoniously fit into her landscape design.
Today there are many building materials for the manufacture of arbors, but polycarbonate uses very popularity. Designs from it are durable, differ in strength and have an attractive appearance.
Despite its external lightness, airiness and transparency, gazebo garden from polycarbonate – this is a rather solid and reliable design with a number of benefits. Its main features are due to polycarbonate characteristics.
- Foreign safety. Polycarbonate refers to a reflare substance. Even if ignition occurred, the material does not emit to the air toxic substances. The temperature at which the polycarbonate begins to melt is one hundred and twenty-five degrees Celsius, so you can not worry about the melting of the structure even in the period of severe summer heat.
- High thermal insulation. The porous structure of the material ensures the preservation of heat inside the design due to the air layer. Therefore, ledges from polycarbonate, in which there is a heating system, can be used at any time of the year.
- Increased material flexibility And its ease allows you to make a variety of it in shape and build.
- Long service life. Polycarbonate gazebos will serve long and for 10 years they will not definitely do repair.
- High strength. The gazebo is not deformed and does not destroy even under the thick layer of snow in winter.
- Moisture resistance and waterproof.
- Svetomelness. The material passes exclusively light and prevents penetration into the structure of ultraviolet rays.
- Ease of installation. For mounting, the arbor does not require a foundation. In addition, the design is mobile. It can be transferred to any part of the site.
- Stability to low-temperature modes. The design does not lose the integrity even in the period of severe frost.
- Safety. Material retains its integrity even with severe wind gusts, ensuring safety during operation.
- Resistance to rotting and mold.
Despite many advantages of the material, he has a number of flaws:
- The material is collapsed over time if the ultraviolet is constantly exposed, so it is better to install the design in the shaded part of the site;
- Polycarbonate has low abrasives and is subject to scratch, so special accuracy should be taken during the work.
Types of designs
First you need to decide on design, dimensions and functional design. She can be different.
- In the design of the design open and closed. First perfectly suit for rest in warm weather in the fresh air. If it is planned to use a gazebo in any weather, it is better to design a closed building, which will be a reliable shelter from the wind and rain.
- In terms of installation of stationary and mobile. The stationary option is installed on a reliable foundation, so it is impossible to transfer it. Portable models are suitable for those who love to change something often on the site, because it will not be much difficult to move it.
- Most simple, light canopies and complex buildings. Build an ordinary canopy can be quickly and easily, it does not need special costs for materials. Sophisticated buildings require more time and money, but at the same time they are not only more reliable and stronger, but also act as an excellent supplement to the general area design.
- In terms of internal equipment can be with the presence of a manga and without it. A simple gazebo is suitable for family tea drinking, as well as dinners in a family circle. If you are going to take guests here, it is better to choose a gazebo with a mangal.
- In terms of functional load, they are divided into models that have additional functions, and decorative.
- In the form of construction there are round, rectangular or square shape, in the form of oval and polygonal, or like a barrel.
When the choice of type and shape of the gazebo is made, you can move to the project development.
The beginning of the construction of the arbor begins with the preparation of the project. It is the creation of the right project that is the key to the fact that your building will be durable, beautiful and comfortable. Already at the design stage, it is necessary to think through everything to the smallest detail, so it is worth implementing all your ideas on paper.
Of course, the first one to decide on the initial design stage is the dimensions of the future design. The drawing should be performed in compliance with all proportions, taking into account the standard size of the polycarbonate sheet. Thus, the cellular material has a 120 cm width and a length of 600 cm, and a sheet of monolithic polycarbonate – a width of 205 cm and a length of 305 cm.
Project work pass in four main stages.
- Determining the place where the structure will be located.
To do this, pay attention to:
- The presence of irregularities on the intended installation site;
- lack of drafts;
- Presence on this area or near it bushes, trees, branches.
- Cleaning and leveling a plot under the arbor.
- Selection of weight design, simplicity, dimensions and shape.
- Creating a drawing.
On summer country areas, simple arbors are most often built with a canopy of metal products and promsion. If the year-round use of the gazebo is expected, the design will be more complex.
All the subtleties of construction should be thought out immediately, since it depends on the selection of the framework of the framework.
Choosing a place and material base
Material for the manufacture of polycarbonate arbor base can serve a tree, metal or stone. Options and other types of materials are possible, but these three are the most commonly used.
Each of them has both a number of advantages and certain disadvantages.
- Wooden frames are made of timber. This is quite affordable and not expensive material. Its indisputable advantage is environmental friendliness, naturalness. In addition, wood has a beautiful natural structure. The disadvantages of such a design belong to the short life, instability for weather conditions and the complexity of the care.
- Metal base is a frame of a profile or corner. Such arbors are very durable, reliable, have a long service life. But they have their own minuses: high cost, complexity of assembly, requiring welding.
- Stone frames are made of natural stone, brick, concrete. Stone bases will serve for a very long time, in addition, they differ in naturalness and aesthetic attractiveness. At the same time, they are pretty heavy, their building will require high time spent, and the replacement will create a lot of difficulties.
Polycarbonate gazebo is pretty light and can have different dimensions, so almost any soil coating is suitable for its installation.
It is best to choose a smooth, dry surface. Ideally, if it will be somewhat on the hills, so that the moisture of precipitation is not going to build up. Choose a place in the shade, with the lack of drafts. It will be convenient if the building will be located as close to the house. If there is a reservoir, it is well putting a gazebo near him, it will give extra freshness and coolness during the summer heat.
Stages of work
Deciding with the base material and place for construction, you can proceed to phased construction.
The foundation is presented by three species.
- Tape. To create such a base, you need to dig a trench, construct a formwork with a layer of reinforcement and pour concreted solution. This is the most common and durable type of foundation, which is suitable for heavy buildings.
- Columnar. Such a foundation is able to withstand light designs. It is built by knocking the pillars that are connected by the beams.
- Monolithic. This option is a solid slab. Its foundation consists of a metal frame, filled with concrete.
Installation of a simple, easy arbor is possible without foundation. This option is installed directly to the soil. But for more complex, solid arbors need a foundation, especially in the case when the soil is definitely.
For arbors of metal, it is enough to simply concrete the bearing metal pipes and pour the platform. Wooden arbors mounted on a column foundation.
It is constructed in the following sequence:
- Marking is transferred to a plot from the design drawing;
- In the outlined places dig recesses up to 700 millimeters;
- At the bottom of the holes, the fifty-millionth layer of rubble and sand is covered;
- prepared concrete;
- anti-corrosion coating supports are installed in prepared pits;
- To ensure waterproofing the base, you can additionally part of the pillars located in the ground, wrap over the ruberoid;
- The installation of all racks should be carried out according to the verified level;
- After the supports are flooded with concrete, it is necessary to provide a temporary focus to them so that they do not shift until the solution is grabbed;
Foundation flooded and drying, you can start building a frame.
Making and assembly of the frame – this is a very responsible stage of the arbor arbor. The slightest flaws of the frame can create a problem of further assembly, the sheets of the material will be fixed correctly, which can entail the rapid destruction of the construction.
The base can be made of metal, stone or wood.
Depending on the material manufacturing material, the method of its assembly varies:
- To create a frame side of wood, you will need self-sufficiency, nails;
- The frame base from the metal is connected with nuts, bolts and welding;
- For stone structures, cement mortar will be required.
The connection of parts is better to produce on Earth, and install a finished section in place.
An important stage of construction is the assembly of the frame of the floor:
- It is necessary to install logs from the bar clearly along the horizontal level;
- Next, the installation of additional supports for the roof;
- It is made from a cutting board treated with an anti-corrosion agent;
- Fasteners of flooring with self-draws.
When the floor and frame of walls are ready, you can start the installation of a polycarbonate roof.
To the installation stage of the roof can be passed only in cases of durable frame fixation. Work with polycarbonate is pretty easy. The material can be easily cut off with hacksaws, saws or jigsaw, if there is a circular saw, then it is possible to use it to accelerate the process, putting a disc for aluminum cutting.
Due to such simplicity of working with the roof material, you can easily give any form. It can be a single, duplex, have a complicated form or be represented in the form of the arch.
Single-table models are the easiest and easiest option of the roof on the arbor. When choosing a complex and intricate design, it is necessary to prepare a more complex frame and donate the upper frame of the supplement racks from the metal.
In addition, the complicated design requires additional stiffness that can be given by intermediate beams. Therefore, choosing the design follows from our own capabilities and skills.
It is important not to rush to remove a thin protective film from the material, it will protect the surface during sawing and installation from mechanical damage.
The roof is made of cellular polycarbonate with a thickness of 6 or 8 millimeters. Depending on the level of dampness, where the material was saved, condensate can be gathered in its compounds, from which you need to get rid of blowing through. For the processing of ends after cutting, uses sealant, profile or aluminum tape.
When installing the roof, step on the coating sheets is prohibited, as it can lead to its cracking. For ease of installation, a staircase is used. In the sheets it is necessary to drill holes in advance if they are mounted on a metal framework. Sheets with the use of profile pipes, washers made of rubber, screws and silicone sealants to protect the sheet from destruction, and the inner part – gazebo from the flow.
Only after the roof is ready, you can start installing the material on the walls of the arbor and windows with your own hands. The principle of fastening sheets on the walls is identical to the principle of fastening on the roof, it is only important to ensure that the ribs of stiffness are in the vertical direction to avoid water concentration.
How to make an installation of a gazebo from polycarbonate, see the following video.
Design inside and outside
When the design is fully ready, the time of the internal and external design and arrangement of a comfortable place to rest occurs. The stage of internal decoration includes the installation of tables, benches, bar racks, an extension of a fireplace from stone. The possibilities of internal decoration are almost endless and allow to implement all the ideas and wishes.
The main is the choice of the right materials for internal arrangement. They must fully comply with the conditions in which will be used. It should be remembered that the country gazebos is a street building, so there is a temperature difference and increase in humidity, and, accordingly, furniture and decor should be from materials resistant to similar tests. Glazing should be reliable.
In addition, choosing furniture, pay attention to its convenience and color. The gazebo is a recreation and comfort zone, so you should think over everything to the smallest detail. Better chairs and shops choose with backs, you can also think about removable soft pillows for seats. Very convenient to relax in nature, sitting in a rocking chair, while it will become a special decorative element in the interior of the arbor.
On the walls you can attach various shelves for storing dishes and smallest things, as well as such decorative things like vases, clocks that are in addition to decorative can carry and functional load.
Special attention should be paid to the installation of a manga or barbecue. Its presence is optional, but if it is decided to install it, then first it is necessary to remember the safety.
For polycarbonate arbors, portable options will not fit, since smoke from coal will accumulate under the roof of the building. Therefore, planning the installation of the mangaal should be in advance and make it out of stone, brick or metal.
As for external work, they are in organizing not only the external part of the structure, but also the territory around it. But still, first of all, it is necessary to do decoration and finishing the facade. If the gazebo is open, the supports are covered with paintwork and decorate to their taste.
Next, the installation of external lighting in the form of flashlights, Building tracks leading from the arbor to other buildings on the site. You can decorate the gazebo with the help of curly and wearing plants, and breaking the flower beds nearby. Many are organized near the arbor artificial garden fountains, which become not only an additional decoration of the household plot, but also give a pleasant freshness in hot weather.
All this will add the external attractiveness of a polycarbonate gazebo and create a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
As for the care of polycarbonate, it is quite simple. The main thing is to avoid contact of the material with abrasive substances. Also for washing should not use chlorine-containing substances, salt or alkaline compositions. All this can lead to the destruction of external protection against ultraviolet. For washing gazebos enough just soapy water.
Polycarbonate gazebo in the courtyard of a private house is an ideal solution for those, Who wishes to have a comfortable and cozy place on its plot for quiet family evenings or even lush feasts with friends. At the same time, the construction of such a design will not require a long time, the availability of special skills and major financial costs. It will be comfortable to relax in nature at any time and in any weather. High-quality construction will protect from heat, rain, wind and even snow, and will delight the owners not one year.