Owners of any vehicles need to protect it from exposure to external climatic factors or theft. One of the solutions to this problem is the use of the garage. These designs allow not only to limit the impact on the car, but also comfortably carry out repair operations. Today, metal garages acquire special popularity, as they differ in compactness and installation speed.
Metal garage is a metal structure capable of resisting external physical and climatic loads.
These designs make these structures using several types of materials:
- Iron lists. They are used to cover the framework and create a solid system. The optimal option will be thick steel blades that can withstand high physical exertion. But today you can find garages that are trimmed with thick profile sheets. Such a structure is not always reliable, although the carrier’s ability of the garage from this does not become worse.
- Metallic profile. Make it in most cases from corners, profile and round pipes. Together they form a monolithic system capable of withstanding various loads.
Installation of the metal garage can be carried out both on a specially prepared foundation and aligned ground. Metal products are almost no different from brick structures.
Pros and cons
Many car owners prefer metallic garages.
This is due to several advantages of these metal structures:
- Resistance to fire. Metal does not burn at all and does not support the burning, which makes it completely safe when the fire occurs.
- High strength. Designs from thick and high-quality metal difficult to hack. But these indicators are somewhat worse than in monolithic brick structures.
- Relatively low cost. The price of the garage depends only on the method of its manufacture and quality of metal. In most cases, these indicators are much lower than the classic monolithic buildings of brick or gas blocks.
- Metal design is legally not considered a monolithic structure. Therefore, these facilities can safely be erected without the availability of specialized documentation.
- Speed and simplicity. You can construct such a building even without any experience. Today, several types of prefabricated metal garages are presented on the market. They only need to collect them correctly, connecting all the items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Relatively small weight. If necessary, the building from metal structures can be shifted that it is impossible for monolithic structures.
But metal garages are not universal structures.
Such systems have a few weighty minuses:
- Minimum level of thermal insulation. Metal is poorly holding heat: working inside them in winter is pretty difficult. Therefore, many experts recommend additionally to warm the walls with various materials. Lapped garages are quickly cooled and heated, which also leads to the formation of a large amount of condensate. He, in turn, poorly affects the metal design and car.
- Inability to install electricity. Due to this safety technique. Theoretically inside can be tested current, but if it is performed only by own generators.
- Low fireproof level. Metal itself does not burn, but very quickly heats up, and the presence of slots can lead to the penetration of fire from the outside inside the building, followed by damage to the car and the rest of the property.
- Minimum level of protection. It refers to the designs that are installed on a ground or asphalt surface and are not attached to it. Some craftsmen can simply raise the construction with the help of a jack, approaching one of the walls. Metal bases are also well destroyed by a grinder and special circles. Therefore, in terms of safety, a much better monolithic design.
The construction of any metal buildings requires preliminary calculations of all technical parameters. Do it without certain skills is not always possible. But simple modifications can be calculated independently. Depending on the construction of the structure, metal garages can be divided into several subspecies:
- Factory buildings. Garages of this kind are in most cases collapsible and portable. To build a similar product, you will need to be stocking only by several types of wrenches, hammer, factory drawings and other auxiliary instruments. Among the advantages you can allocate practicality and durability. But the cost of such a design is much higher than the independent structure. Garages often do not exceed one-story building.
One of the varieties of these garages is used designs that can be purchased on various trading platforms.
The prices of them are already much lower than new modifications, and also possible to export from a particular place.
- Garages built by personnel. These buildings are distinguished by unique technical properties and dimensions. Some owners make two-story structures that allow them to use them as an additional storage location. Many modifications are monolithic, as reliably fixed to the concrete foundation. Please note that welding is already used here. This approach allows you to get a solid system that can withstand loads for a long time. But self-assembly of the garage requires already specialized work skills with different tools. Therefore, it should be carried out only by experts capable of correctly calculate all parameters.
Construction of any design involves preliminary planning. This will eliminate many unexpected situations and create a durable and durable building. Installation of the metal garage involves the implementation of such preparatory operations:
- Choosing a place for construction. It is desirable that the garage is located in a convenient car vehicle. If you have a private plot, then you can install it directly close to the road. In another case, it is advisable to ensure optimal vehicle check-in. Installing metal garages need remotely from residential buildings and only on elevation. If the design will constantly undermine the melting or groundwater, then it quickly degrees and will come to unsuitability.
- Preparation of the foundation. Before starting work, it is desirable to remove the top layer of the chernozem, as well as align soil. This will simplify all other installation work.
- Design. There are no universal recommendations here. Garage dimensions should be so that your vehicle is easily placed inside. If you plan to repair in this building or store spare parts, then the parameters need to be increased, taking into account these requirements.
- Buying building materials. For the construction of the garage you will need a lot of thick metal sheets, profile pipes, as well as a welding machine, bolts, self-tapping screws and other fasteners. If you plan to make a warm building, then you need to take care of the acquisition of a certain volume of heat insulator (mineral wool and other).
Construction of iron garages – relatively simple operation. But it is not always possible to fulfill it. All work is better to carry out with several assistants who will not only help bring materials, but also hold the design when assembling.
Starts installation of garages from the foundation arrangement. It is undesirable to install the design only on the compacted soil, as it will contribute to the development of corrosion processes.
For such a building, you can use several types of grounds:
- Monolithic foundation. The design of this type perfectly transfers all sorts of loads. But for such light buildings, it is not effectively used, except that the foundation has already been previously built something built.
- Floating. Good and inexpensive option. For the construction of such a base, several reinforced concrete plates should be laid on the previously tumped and aligned soil. The installation of these elements is carried out by a crane, which in turn increases financial costs.
- Ribbon foundation. Optimal Option for Metal Garages. Build it relatively simple. Initially, the channel is rotated throughout the perimeter of the future building. The depth of the trench should not exceed 50-80 cm, since this is enough to withstand the small weight of the garage. After that, on the bottom of the RVA, sand and crushed stone falls asleep, then it’s all trambed. To improve strength, you can put a granite stone here, and then pour it with liquid cement mortar. The formwork is mounted on top, which is already filled with concrete. The height of the support is selected individually depending on the needs of the owner and characteristics of the soil. But it is not recommended to produce too high formwork, as it will increase the volume of materials to align the floor.
The algorithm of the construction of metal structures consists of such consecutive steps:
- Construction of carcass. Externally, it resembles a parallelepiped, the walls of which are strengthened by additional racks. From the side where the gate will be located, the peculiar internal framework is built under these designs. Join the pipes with welding. If you do not cook a profile, but to bind a bolt with each other, then with time there will be small oscillations and the design will not be so strong.
Profiles are desirable to additionally strengthen stretch marks, metal corners and other similar elements
Roofing can be single or twin. If a second option is preferred, then it is necessary to ensure the possibility of fastening the metal structures to the main frame. The construction of this system involves the manufacture of frames in the form of triangles, and then fastening them to the main supports. Between themselves lugs with metal jumpers.
- Sheaving. This step is relatively simple. Start the walls of walls from one of the corners. For this, the metal sheet is welded or screwed to the frame. The second option is used with the professional sheets that can be selected for any dimensions of the building. When trimming it is important to completely eliminate the presence of any slots. Therefore, you need to follow the density of the junctions where they are formed. If the profiled sheet is used, then perform its lining on each other. In the case of welding joints, the joints copier or closed with additional metal plates.
- Installation of the gate. Pre-prepared metal framework is adjusted for the size of the opening. The hinges are welded to both elements, on which the flaps are then suspended. It is important that the gate is completely closed the opening and prevent the air penetration inside the garage.
- Insulation. This step is not mandatory, but carried out almost always. To do this, use the sheets of mineral wool, which are located between the profile pipes from the inside. It is important to close them with a polyethylene film so that moisture penetrates into the material structure. After laying the wool, it is sewn with metal sheets or other finishing materials.
Tips and recommendations
Installation of metal garages – long and time-consuming operation.
To get a high-quality and durable design, you should be guided by several rules:
- Use only high-quality metal. It is undesirable to apply damaged corrosive elements, as this will lead to very quick repair of the product.
- Be sure to cover the metal protective primers and paint. If this is not done, rust is very quickly formed on the surface.
- When warming up the garage should not be placed inside the insulation electrical wiring.
- To simplify repair, you can build a sightseeing pit inside the building. Its presence is desirable to plan still at the initial stages.
- Install several locks on the gate to complicate the hacking design.
Metal garages are universal and practical structures that, with competent construction, can turn into a full-fledged place of storage and repair of the car.
About how to make a metal garage with your own hands, see the next video.