Paint is considered one of the most common finishing materials. It is used to decorate the premises inside and outside. In the article we will tell you how to paint a wooden house to get an excellent result, as well as how to choose a color.
Requirements for the composition
You can find formulations for outdoor and internal works. Products related to the first type have a more extensive temperature range and increased moisture resistance.
Also paints for the facade of wooden houses must have the following characteristics.
- Canceled adhesion properties.
- Resistance to impacts, scratches and other external damage.
- High mechanical wear resistance will help preserve the integrity of the coating under the influence of wind.
- Sunshine resistance.
- Good permeability of para.
- Special components add to the composition. Thanks to them, paint retains color and elasticity with a sharp change of temperature.
- Washing resistance.
- In order for the paint to hold on the walls of the cottage for a long time, it should have the ability to save brightness and color saturation from year to year.
- Canceled water repellent qualities (in order to avoid the formation of mold and rotting).
- High elasticity after drying.
- Atmospheric resistance.
Initially, conventional compositions for exterior decoration used for painting of facades. After trademarks began to designate special products with the word “facade”. Now the second name is used more often.
Types of paints for walls
The choice of buyers of the company offers various variants of paint products. Products differ in composition and properties. To paint the house from the tree with their own hands, you need to know the differences in the LKM.
The compositions of this type have the property to be embedded in the outer wood layer to a depth of 4 to 7 millimeters. Such quality protects the walls from the negative environmental impact, as well as from bacteria, fungus and mold.
Trading stamps offer 2 types of compositions:
- The opaque coating paint material is able to completely overlap the structure of natural material, while the natural relief is maintained;
- Lessering paints have a transparent texture, with their help you can protect the walls, not scissing a natural pattern.
This type of product has excellent weather resistance, while the layer of acrylate paint passes air, without interfering with natural air exchange. Quality compositions can boast of remarkable elasticity, due to which the paint does not crack with a slight deformation of the facade.
On the territory of Europe for painting more than 80% of wooden houses uses precisely acrylate material.
To get a unique color, mix a few homogeneous compositions, experimenting with shades.
Alkyd paints have high water repellent qualities. The material dries over a very short period of time (from 20 to 30 minutes), because of which the composition does not have time to penetrate deep into the wood. The short-lived paint layer, however, is able to withstand a low temperature of about 30 degrees below zero.
The last kind of paint, which we will consider, has proven itself as high quality and reliable coverage. The product is remarkably absorbed into the tree and protects the walls from the destructive effect of the atmosphere.
Quality composition will protect and decorate the wall of the house for a long time.
Despite numerous advantages, negative parties also have. For a complete drying of the layer, the day will be needed, after which the coating acquires a matte structure. At the same time, paint for external work is also used for plywood painting and other finishing materials.
Basics of choice of color
When choosing a color for a cottage house Adhere to the following recommendations.
- The colors of the outer and inner cladding must be harmonized among themselves.
- Be sure to take into account the stylistics of the exterior. For each decor, certain color combinations are characterized.
- Each shade has certain visual properties. Bright paints visually increase the size of the room, so they are better to choose to paint small garden houses. Dark and saturated colors can be selected when lining of large-scale residential buildings.
- Colors for home choose, given the personal preferences of residents. Residents should be comfortable and nice. Also, the choice of color depends not only on the nature of the client. Women make a choice in favor of pastel and delicate colors (pink, lilac and other similar options). Men Prefer Dark and Classic Options (Brown, Gray). For families, universal tones (green, white, beige) are better fit.
Combination of paints and popular color solutions
- Fashionable shade of sage. In this season, the popularity of gentle and pleasant light green tone. Such a hue looks wonderful in a duet with bright, dark and bright colors. Shade gives the interior of freshness and naturalness. Sage color is suitable for most popular exterior stylistics. The shade will look great with other soft tones and bright options (blue, lilac, lilac, cream, white, pale pink and others).
- Stylish gray shades. Gray has a variety of shades. This is a universal color that retains relevance from year to year. Gray tones possess elegance, rigidity and originality. To create expressive designs, they are often combined with bright colors (red, orange, blue, purple). It also looks great, painting from several tones of gray.
- Gray and brown. The two above color looks great in tandem. Universal tones will attract attention and look expressive on any background. To create contrast effect, designers combine shades with different saturation. Designers note that such a combination will maintain relevance for a long time. Wonderful option for both classic and modern stylistics.
- Original duet with shades of red. Marsala shade retains popularity since last season. Such a shade gives the design of expressiveness and luxury. It will look great in a duet with brown color and its diverse tones. Bright scarlet colors are also used when decorating wooden houses. Now the popularity variant of the combination of red tones with green. Non-standard tandem of two opposite colors will not be ignored. Such a combination of shades are chosen to emphasize the unusual form of construction.
House in a rich brown. The idea of a combination of light and dark color is always relevant.
Claudual example of a duet of gray and brown.
Stylish design of the house. Shalfea’s shade in combination with white.
In the next video you will learn which paint is better to paint the house outside and how to do it right.