During the operation of the smoke, smoke plays an extremely important role. It is he who adds a unique taste and a special aroma. Many are still preferred by purchased ready models, while a small percentage of people are interested in using an independently manufactured device. This is an excellent opportunity to protect your budget from extra expenses and experience satisfaction from creating something with your own hands.
Smoking is not a fast process. It requires special skills and skills, and also has the following features:
- The minimum temperature of the resulting smoke;
- long processing process that can occupy from a pair of hours up to several days;
- It is recommended to exclude from the exploitation of sawdust of the coniferous wood, as they have the ability to give a smoked product
- The product must be processed, namely cleared, washed, salted and succeeded.
Smoke has antiseptic properties. After such a processing, the product is still not subject to malicious microflora. Terms of storage and eating are increased, the product is endowed with special taste. Fish, meat products and game can be treated with smoke. As a sawdust, you should give preference to Alder, cherry, apple trees, pear and Iva.
Build a homemade smoke generator on its own – this is not the simplest task. To make a planned one, you need to possess free time, materials and patience. Many never decide to try to make the generator at home and prefer to purchase it. Such a cold smoking fan is quite difficult, but the use of the scheme will help in everything. With a smoke generator, any smokehouse will work much better.
Find the finished drawing for the manufacture of the generator will not be labor.
For the construction of the smoke generator, with their own hands, it is necessary to acquire in advance with the following materials:
- Tara, which should be similar to the container;
- ejector device;
Each item must be considered in more detail.
How to choose a container?
The container will serve as a combustion chamber where sawdust will smoke and create smoke. No special requirements for the volume of packaging.
It is worth take into account several recommendations from specialists.
- In a small sawdust container, it will be rapid enough. In order to support the process of smoking, they will need to regularly throw them.
- Any container will be used as a container. The only thing she should have a refractory property. For example, an already spent fire extinguisher or thermos.
- It is recommended to choose a future container with a pipe diameter from 8 to 10 centimeters and from 40 to 50 centimeters long.
- In order to connect the air compressor, a small diameter (10 millimeters) of the platform is done at the bottom of the container.
- To avoid excessive suction of air, the upper part is mandatory left in a vacuum format.
The basis of the generator will perform metal tubes. They join each other with welding, thread and spikes. Ejector device can be placed at the bottom or top base of the container.
For a small smokehouse, the ejector is located at the bottom of the container. In connection with the features of the smoke generator, the lower ejector device goes out. Therefore, the combustion chamber requires height limit. There is a reduction in the working hours of the device. Also, if you place the lower ejector, it will not create a natural craving, because the smoke and receiving capacity are located at one height. When the compressor is disconnected, smoke will not go. More practical to choose the top installation of the ejector device.
The compressor functions of the smoke generator can perform almost any pump. For smokers use old aquarium compressors with a power of approximately five watts. They are an excellent replacement for purchased compressors, since it is designed for long-term activities without constant human supervision. You can also add low cost and silent performance of the compressor to positive parties. Real masters of their business make a compressor from plastic containers and a cooler located in the system block of the computer. But the easiest and most affordable option is to purchase a ready-made device.
In order to proceed the product at home, the raw material is required for the presence of smoke. In this case, the raw materials will be sawdust. To smoke foods, it is not recommended to use sawdust from evergreen wood – spruce, pine or fir. For the raw material of the smoke generator, the rest of the varieties are perfect. When applying pine or similar sawdust, the final smoked product will be very impressed.
If there are very small sawdust, it is recommended to build a spring in a smoke generator. If there are large sawdust, the smoke is enough just to slip through, so there is no need for additional equipment.
Algorithm of action
First of all, it is recommended to give preference to the container with a thickness of the walls of more than two and a half millimeters in order to avoid deformation at strong heating.
Due to the fact that at the top of the container, the optimal temperature regime is maintained (and not exposed to heating), it is permissible to use the flexible hose for compressor connection. Basica is a small protrusion on the surface, which is made from Teflon Plastics. Its task to perform insulating functions and connecting elements.
The lower base does not require a mandatory removable hole. If necessary, a large hole is created with a slamming door. Moving damper, you can adjust the craving. This method is used for large container dimensions. It is required that the top cover is tightly closed.
In order to avoid corrosion, the outer part of the container is treated with primer or specialized paint. Both compositions have resistant to harsh temperature jumps. After the assembly end and the compressor will be connected, you can fill the capacitance of sawdust and check the smoke generator in the case.
The smoke generator for smokehouse is designed for long-term operation, because smoking can continue from one hour to days.
Technical requirements may be optimal and for home use.
- electrical energy consumption does not exceed four kilowatt per day;
- If the heating mechanism reaches the necessary temperature regime, it will turn off. After cooling, the equipment is automatic;
- a power of one kilowatt is measured by a heating mechanism;
- Capacity for sawdust accommodates half a kilogram. Such a volume of sawdust will allow the smokehouse to continuously work for about two days;
- For the work of the equipment requires an ordinary household socket for two hundred twenty volts.
- With a combustion chamber in one cubic meter, it will fill high quality and dense smoke;
- The smoke generator is obliged to create smoke with high intensity indicators;
- Requires continuous transfer of smoke into the combustion chamber;
- The advantage is the fact that no permanent control of equipment is required. Therefore, do not forget about the presence of fire safety rules and their compliance;
- sawdust possess a low cost, in this regard, it is recommended to prepare a small amount of stock in advance. This will give the opportunity with prudent use to increase the intervals during downloads;
- A more complex design is at the same time not so reliable. Therefore, it is recommended to choose an extremely simple to independent structure of the smoke generator, which is also well adapted to long-term operation.
Tips and recommendations
The temperature of the resulting smoke can be adjusted, reducing or increasing the connecting nozzles of the smoke generator and cameras with products. In advance, it is necessary to determine the container under the smoke chamber. For smoking a large volume, it is worth using an old refrigerator. Due to the fact that the doors are tightly closed, the smoke supplied will be stored inside and process products, keeping the optimal temperature regime. After completing the assembly of the smoke generator, you do not need to rush to use it with a large game of products. It is recommended to place a small volume for trial startup.
Rules of Safe Application
Holding for the independent manufacture of the smoke generator, should be carefully monitored so that it turns out according to the rules of fire safety and correctly working with electrical network devices.
In case of problems in the operation of the generator, the technique must be adapted to the automatic shutdown. Electric wiring and other parts that are able to damage during overheating should be located at a safe distance from the heating mechanisms of equipment. The most practical option in terms of safety will be a smoke generator made of durable metal covered with heat-resistant paint.
Installation of the smoke generator must be produced on surface resistant surfaces, for example, on a cement or concrete base, or on bricks.
About how to make a smoke generator for smokehouse, see the following video.