Bathing – an important component on which the proper functioning of the steam rooms, security, as well as the level of comfort of visitors depends. Since the traditional material for the bath is considered to be wood, glass products (in particular doors) refer to some caution.
However, this does not mean that it is impossible to use them in the bath: according to some characteristics they exceed the properties of natural wood.
Features: Benefits and Disadvantages
Glass doors made for saunas and baths have a lot of advantages, at the expense of which they enjoy completely justified popularity.
Note the main advantages of glass doors for the bath:
- Resistance to temperature drops, so that there is no thermal expansion of the material. Therefore, the door retains its original shape and does not give shrinkage and does not swell away from moisture.
- Stability of glass to corrosion and rotting, which is a positive property in a large humidity of air.
- Health and hygiene safety. Glass is an eco-friendly product on which the fungus is not formed, mold, pathogenic microorganisms.
- Beautiful appearance. Glass doors are represented by a large variety of models and various options for decorating, which allows you to choose a model taking into account your own taste preferences.
- Good heat resistance indicators due to which the products complies with fire safety standards. This makes it possible to use the canvas in the immediate vicinity of heating devices.
- Easy to maintain and maintain glass door canvases. To process them, there is no need to purchase special compositions for washing the surface, quite ordinary household products, clean vet or sponge.
- Large service life. Glass products are not affected by damage and destruction even under the influence of the prerequisites of the steam, so they can be used not one ten years.
- High light indicator of glass, due to which they provide the maximum light stream into the steam room (unlike other products). This property reduces electricity costs.
With a big list of positive features of glass doors for a bath and sauna, It is worth highlighting a few minuses of this product:
- Horregious. Technology for the production of such products, as well as good quality raw materials, suggest the high cost of the product.
- Large product sizes affect the weight of the glass door. For installation of the web will need several people: it will not be possible to do it.
- This material is fragility: glass is susceptible to mechanical effects. This disadvantage is eliminated by hardening, which increases the strength of the finished product. Usually the door to the pair has a thickness of about 10 mm, this size is sufficient for good indicators of durability and resistance to possible mechanical damage.
Despite the disadvantages, glass doors for baths are in great demand.
Types and design
Not all experts advise putting the door from glass in the bath. This is explained by the fact that couples can leave. For these purposes, equip a high threshold (about 10 cm) with a door tightly adjacent to the jam. For the sauna, the situation is inverse – in these rooms, there are purposely a small distance under the door to ensure air flow.
There is a way out of this situation: enough that the door opens out. From the inside it is necessary to make a threshold that will keep the heat and not let him.
High-quality products are made in such a way that steam does not pass the junction of the door with the box. Complete to the product there is a seal for a box.
You can classify products to several criteria:
- Depending on the door opening method, there are sliding, swinging and pendulum. The last type of canvases apply only for saunas.
- Based on the specifics of production production, glass doors can be combined and solid. In the case of combination in the manufacture of various decorative elements of wood or plastic.
- The design of the canvases is diverse: doors can be matte, transparent, with an ornament or color tint. The buyer has the opportunity to choose a model under the interior of the bath.
Door box produce from two types of material: Aluminum and wood alloy. Each type implies its technology and commissioning. For example, a metal design can only be installed at the beginning of the process. Boxes of wood in this matter are not so attracted, their installation can be carried out before and after decorative trim.
For the Finnish sauna, which works at high air temperatures with a minimum humidity indicator, it is recommended to install structures from coniferous wood, as well as limes or alder. Aluminum alloy box perfectly suitable for Turkish sauna or Russian bath. The glass door perfectly fit into the interior of the room, the walls of which will be lined with bricks. Today, on the domestic market of such products, a large range of glass doors for baths and saunas.
In the production process, a mirror, translucent, matte and patterned glass use. Offer various options for color cutting. It can be the door of the shade of bronze, gray, beige, white or green options in matte or glossy performance. Any of the presented types of glass door design is perfect for the steam.
In the process of production, various materials are used in quality, Therefore, the ultimate cost of finished products can be different. Glass canvases have a variety of design. It may be products consisting of solid glass or several glass elements. Combined doors are popular due to its unique design and the possibility of a successful combination with a different interior composition of the bath.
Glass canvas give extra light, wooden frame is associated with warmth and comfort.
Typical dimensions of glass doors for baths that produce domestic firms or foreign companies, do not differ almost. When buying such products, it should take into account the height, the width of the box, as well as the canvas itself. The width of the canvas varies within 52-72 cm, the box is 59-79 cm. The height of the canvas is usually represented in the following sizes: 184-202 cm, box – 189-209 cm. Most companies offer customer production services for individual measurements, most often this size is 700×1700 mm.
The competent selection of high-quality components to the doors is one of the main preparatory stages before installation. It should be remembered that the thickness of the glass product can reach 10 mm, with the weight of 1 kV. m will be about 30 kg. To ensure reliable fixation, as well as eliminate the damage of the door, you will need powerful and strong loops. Steel components will provide the required level of security. In addition, they should be resistant to high temperatures and humidity.
Based on experience, most specialists are confident that three loops are needed for installation doors. When choosing holders, it should be remembered that the metal is subject to corrosion, so it is necessary to acquire loops made of stainless steel or other alloys resistant to moisture.
On the quality of these materials, it is impossible to save: the durability of the whole design depends on.
One of the main components is a latch that provides doors dense and reliable fixation. Budget options for glass doors are characterized by ball latch. Similar accessories in most cases quickly deforms, which is fraught with the system. The perfect option for the pair will be a magnetic latch. It is optimally convenient to use, safe and has a long service life. To open the door to the magnet, it is enough to push it lightly.
Handle – Another component of the doors (Usually products for parillas are equipped with wooden products that are not deformed during the impact on them of a large temperature). Spivens and locks to ensure good fixation of the canvas in a closed position is usually installed on the outside of the door. The main requirements for accessories (in addition to acceptable value) are the convenience of operation and quality. Almost all doors for baths have a silicone gasket between a wooden handle and glass. This element provides reliable design protection from damage.
Installation of glass doors for the bath – a simple process, for such a job, special knowledge will not need. However, the help of one more person is preferable because it is necessary to fix the door in the correct position (it is characterized by a lot of weight). Before you begin to perform work yourself, you should study in detail the instructions for installing the product. Door box can be two types: wooden or metal. The last view of the box is installed after the finishing of the walls in the room.
The main function of the door to the bath is maintaining the room temperature. For this, there is a high-quality seal around the perimeter of the canvas.
But also forget about the access of fresh air.
To install the product, the following materials and tools will be needed:
- Scotch, selflessness, gloves;
- Mounting foam and liquid nails;
- Wedges for wood;
- roulette and level;
- Blizzard and box.
Fastening technology includes the execution of several steps of work:
- Initially produce the installation of the box. In the process of performing this procedure, you need to follow so that it is strictly vertical. Due to this, in the future there will be no problems with the deformation and skewers of the product from glass and the whole design.
- With the help of self-tapping screws fix the box, check the level of accuracy of its installation. Installation involves the presence of technical gaps for wedges.
- Next hold the door leaf. Perform this job better together. First, the canvas are hung on the canopies, after which the mounts are tightened.
- Then check the correct installation: the door is closed and inspect all the gaps that must have the same size. If necessary, adjust.
- The next step is the fasteners of the latch and handles. Distance between the wall and the box are gate. Little diameter gaps worth hiding by.
The door in the steam room performs an important role: Provides practical function and affects the overall stylistics of the bathroom. Stylish and comfortable glass doors for steam room – a pledge of a comfortable stay and recreation. Before purchasing, it is necessary to scroll through the reviews of the model you like: this will allow you to buy a quality product.
Glass door tips in a bath in the following video.