Canopies for firewood often create in private houses and cottages. This construction protects fuel for furnaces and moisture fireplaces. And if in the nearby past during the construction of canopies did not pay attention to the beauty of the construction, today such structures should look aesthetic, fit into the overall design of the yard and correspond to the style of other buildings on the site.
But in addition to external beauty, wood levels must effectively perform their basic function for more than one year. And therefore the construction issue must be taken very seriously.
People, at home and cottages of which are equipped with the latest technology, do not understand what purpose it is necessary to erect on its plot of woodwives. But these structures actually possess several advantages.
- Canopies for firewood retain fuel for furnaces and fireplaces dry. Wood, impregnated with moisture, is difficult to ignite, and after the ignition it highlights the minimum heat.
- Thanks to this construction, firewood is not lying around the site, and are in one place – neatly folded on each other.
- With the right designer approach, the firewood can be the highlight of the landscape of the site.
Woodings do not differ in large sizes, thanks to which each owner can find a corner of the required area for such a building. However, even when choosing a suitable place, you must be guided by some criteria.
- Canopy under the firewood should stand near the house and the territory for the summer picnic, so that the person can easily get the required number of fans.
- The construction should be located in some distance from the porch and other passing places. This is important not only for the convenience of use, but also to underscore the beauty of the site.
- The location should differ in practicality at any time of the year. If in the summer it is easy to walk to the woodwoman, then in winter, few people decide to go through the drifts to score a few pins for a fireplace or oven.
In practice, it was revealed that the best place to build a canopy for firewood is the northern part of residential and economic buildings. First, there are no windows on the north side. Secondly, firewood, compiled by the walls on the northern side of the building, play the heat insulator.
In order for the wood level to meet specifications, it is necessary to take into account certain requirements for its construction.
- It is important to decide in advance with the amount of firewood that should be stored under a canopy. Based on this information, it will be possible to determine the size of the construction and the necessary type of construction.
- The woodwoman should stand on the elevation of the site, where the rain puddles do not accumulate. Otherwise, you will have to equip the designated place with a drainage system.
- Place for wood levels should be located on the sunny side of the high windy. Under such conditions, dryness dryness and their ventilation.
- When erecting a wooden canopy, it is advisable to stop your choice on dry bars. But if the tree does not match the style of the landscape, then you can consider metal structures.
In addition to the main function, there are also aesthetic canopies for firewood, that is, organically fit into the surrounding environment.
Review of species
The need for firewood and their number are caused by different circumstances. Those who live in a country house with furnace heating have to stock up a huge amount of firewood for the winter. In such a situation, it is necessary to build a jewelry of impressive sizes. If the firewood is necessary for a rare milling bath, it can have small dimensions.
To date, the seeds under consideration are divided into several species.
- Separate design. It is a base, frame and roof. When erecting such structures, it is necessary to work out the issue of fire protection from both rain and snowfall and from moisture released from the soil. Materials for the construction of separately standing woodwives are used in various. The frame can be created from wood, and the roof is covered with metal tile. Another option involves the construction of a metal structure, which has a roof of polycarbonate, which is decorated with wrought elements.
- Mobile canopy. In this case, we are talking about racks of various forms and dimensions. As a canopy of design, tarpaulin is used or dense polyethylene.
The important advantage of the mobile canopy is to be able to rearrange it from place to place.
- Extension to the base of the house or other facilities. A rather convenient erection option for firewood. The roof of the design is fixed only on one side. The second part is kept on the supports. Podium (if we talk more precisely, then the floor covering) is made of bricks, concrete or bars.
- Economic building. The construction of a new building – the process is quite troublesome and more cost. But in the end it turns out an effective complex for storing wooden fuel. This type of canopy assumes the presence of flooring or podium, 3-walls with a function of ventilation and a roof from a suitable material.
For walls, wood trimming are often used, the roof is covered with polycarbonate or professional flooring.
- Part of the economic building. In this case, we are talking about a pre-training room or a hydro room.
The preservation of the dry state of wood fuel, quick access to the poles – pluses of construction. Uncomfortable only to deliver firewood to the place of storage.
With any form of construction, it is assumed to install a single-piece roof, whether it is a separate construction in the courtyard of a private house or an extension along a wall or fence.
The main thing is to choose the right size of the roof, so that flowing rain water does not get inside the woodwoman.
How to build a canopy from a tree?
The woodwoman is a mandatory construction in the cottage or private house where ovens and fireplaces are installed. Before proceeding to its construction, you should choose a suitable place on the site and make a drawing of the future building. Properly designed structure saves finances spent on building materials. Well, if you observe all the subtleties of construction technology, the built wood level will last its owners faithfully not one dozen years.
What is noteworthy, canopy for pieces of wood can be erected with their own hands, without inviting narrow specialists. As the main material, you can use a tree or metal. Metal structures are distinguished by high levels of strength and durability. However, for the construction of a metal woodwoman will have to be stocking apparatus. With a tree in this case it is much more convenient to work.
As for the internal filling of the canopy, the flooring can be made from the pallets, and the walls are from the bar. The roof is drawn up at the very last moment.
When drawing up a scheme of the future building, it is important to take into account many nuances. In the drawing there must be all the elements of the design, ranging from the support pillars and finishing the roof. Near each detail of the structure should be digital length and width designations.
Tools and materials
Building the woodwoman follows the warm season when the soil is completely dry from the remnants of winter moisture. And to create the most comfortable working process conditions, it is necessary to prepare and acquire tools:
As for the list of materials, it all depends on the idea of the owner of the site. If it is decided to build a metal wood level, you will need metal, paint, decorative wrought elements. When solving, create a wooden canopy, the list of materials is significantly increased. You will need profile pipe, bars, rails, sandpaper, olifa, paint, nails or self-tapping screws, cement, sand, crushed stone and geotextiles.
As for the materials and tools for the construction of the roof, the regional owner will need to purchase the most liked roofing coating. It may be slate, professional flooring or polycarbonate.
However, for each material represented, it will be necessary to purchase special fasteners.
Build wood woodwoman is easy. This material is simpler and easy to work, weighs a bit, has an affordable cost. The main thing is to spend thorough treatment of the wooden base by antiseptic.
Start construction follows from the foundation. It is preferable to build a columnar option, where the number of the columns themselves directly depends on the total design area.
- It is necessary to place the place of future building and dig holes (the distance from the surface to the bottom – 50 cm, diameter – 30 cm). The formwork is placed there and is fixed with a layer of sand (approximately 10 cm), as well as mortar from cement, sand and gravel.
- Bar is taken 15×15 cm. From it there is a lower strapping. The bars are fasten with half wrist and steel corners. After that, the foundation must be waterproof, to put the prepared strapping and attach to anchors. Steel corners are still used to mount the ribs of stiffness, which is needed to create a floor base.
- Supports are put in the corners. Before solid fixation, the verticality of angular columns is checked. Then supports are connected by lags.
- Further, the rear wall and the sides are trimmed with boards with an exemplary width of 15 cm. You can take more or smaller boards. Between them should remain a gap in the range of 10-15 cm, such gaps create an effect of ventilation.
- In the cross position from the lag the ceiling doome. On top of it is mounted professional flooring or slate. For a soft roof, a solid ceiling cable should be done. It is important that the edges of the roof have sufficient sv, allowing to protect the furnace fuel from the rain.
- At the very end there is a floor. To do this, board boards are taken and fixed on the bottom strapping. Between them should also be present.
Ereated wood level remains only covered with primer, varnish and paint in the desired color.
Metal woodwoman has a high level of strength, reliability and durability. It easily withstands different loads, easily confronts strong winds. What is noteworthy, metal canopies can have a beautiful shape with different curls and patterns. In general, the design of the profile pipe can be a beautiful supplement of private courtyard.
Metallic canopy can be a separate construction or to be an extension. It can be put near the bath, next to the porch of a residential building or near a picnic area. And before proceeding with construction, you should create a plan of the future canopy, make a detailed drawing with the size of each element. The only “but” – to build a metal canopy, you need to have experience in welding work.
- Initially, the markup of the site is made. The contour of the building is drawn up by pegs and rope. Further in the corners spinned pits (depth – 50 cm). On the bottom of the holes are made sand and rubble. If the future canopy has large sizes, it is necessary to make intermediate supports. For them also pumps.
- For a small canopy, it is best to immediately make a frame. Pipes cut in length, which is equal to the height of the lower part of the well and support. The lengths of the remaining elements should count on the drawing.
- Further supports are fixed. Simple and fast way – to make them ground. Much more reliable to concrete. To protect the metal, the support should be treated with an anti-corrosion.
- Now the lower strapping is welded, then the top.
- Outdoor boards with gaps fall on the lower strapping. It is recommended to use the grid as a wall.
- Last Stage – Roof. To fix it in the strapping, you need to make several mounting holes.
Finished design, decorated with forged patterns, can become a bright addition of any site.
Not always a canopy for firewood has an ugly shape. Modern people even try to make designer ideas. And here are some examples of ready-made woodlons, distinguished by special beauty and delight.
About how to make a woodwood, look in the following video.