Pillows in the interior play a very important role – in the composition of bed linen they provide a strong and healthy sleep, and in the form of sofa decorations give interior design a special highlight and set stylish accents. To the pillow served as long as possible, it requires a cover that will simultaneously perform a protective function and respond to the decor.
What is it and what happens?
Pillowcase species are a large set – they can be performed in various sizes and from different materials, they are bedding and decorative, disposable, orthopedic, fluffy, patchwork, moistureproof and waterproof. Pillowcases are on buttons and with valve – options a lot and the choice depends on what you need this product.
In shape and design
From the times of our moms and grandmothers in many homes there were large down pillows with parameters 70×70 cm. In the era of the Soviet Union, a set of such sleeping facilities was, perhaps, in every home. All the typical size of bedding sizes are focused on the parameters of the pillow. However, progress does not stand still and with the development of market relations there are many new models, which differ in the most various forms and dimensions. Nowadays, equilateral pillows are gradually moving into the background and in stores it is increasingly possible to meet rectangular products.
Many non-standard pillows are produced – This is primarily orthopedic products that are designed to repeat the anatomical forms and have a memory effect. In addition, a large share of the market was seized by cushions decorative, for example, alphabetic – each of them sews to order and has its own purely individual shape and size. But in most cases, pillows are made with dimensions of 60×40 (this is an option for children) and 70×50 cm – according to European standards, the difference of the parties in the pillow should be 20 cm. Squares are also sewn, but in smaller volumes, today more often than others can be found products with dimensions 60×60, 50×50 and 40×40 cm. Such pillows usually perform decorative functions and are not used for sleep.
Respectively sizes of pillows sew and pillowcases. In this case, the principle of sewing in the case of square and rectangular models is the same, the difference is only in the consumption of material and building patterns. But the configuration of pillowcases can vary significantly. In order for it to be as soon as possible and easier to wear and remove, in the pillowcases include the following design features:
- The valve with the smell – this seemingly simple item allows you to maintain the desired shape of pillowcase and change covers as often as required;
- Buttons Clasp is a functional element that can be easily turned into a stylish piece of decor of the product;
- Hidden lightning is a fairly common option that reliably keeps the pillowcase on the sofa pillow in the right form, but at the same time it is almost impaired, so it does not distract the households and their guests from the perception of texture and print on the pillowcase;
- Typing – This element is most often used for decorative pillows.
Depending on the functional load of the pillow can be two types.
- Sleeping are part of bed linen sets and are designed to organize a comfortable bedroom. They close the pillows, preventing the fallout of the printed material (fluff, pen or synthetic filler), and will be removed from the accumulation inside the sweat pillow and dust mites. Such pillows are performed from cotton eco-friendly materials, their style corresponds to the overall design of the bed kit. There are no convex decorative elements – buttons, printed flowers and embroidery.
- Decorative Pillowcases serve decorated with sofa pillows. They can be performed from dense materials – tapestry, venels and even fur. Their main purpose is to emphasize the style of the room, arrange stylish accents and attract attention. Such pillows may have a non-standard form, and pillowcases are often decorated with volumetric decors.
Pillow covers perform from a wide variety of materials of natural, synthetic or blended origin. More often used several materials.
- Linen – It is a dense natural canvas, which is distinguished by matte glitter and exceptional smoothness. Such products racks for wear, so there can be many years and withstand a large amount of styrices.
- Satin – It is 100% cotton fabric made of long fiber in satin or satin interlacing. This method of selection gives fabrics special softness and silky shine. Figures are often applied to satin using a direct printing method – images are obtained bright and clear.
- Rogozhka – This is another natural eco-friendly fabric, which is produced using a rare pair missing fibers. Visually material looks rude, so it is more often used to cover ornamental pillows.
- Brocade – This is a truly luxurious material with a silk basis, which, with the help of metallized threads, formed the vesized patterns. Parical pillowcases are also used for interior decor, they attached to the room more solemn, majestic and respectable species.
- Silk – This is a durable fabric with severe expensive radiance, very often decorated with embroidery. For sleeping heads, only natural silk is used, synthetic fibers are allowed for tailoring decorative pillows.
- Velvet and velor – These are dense materials that are used for decorated with sofa pillowcase. They are 100% consisting of polyester and differ in special daridity, which gives them an incredible chic and dignity. Similar pillows often decorated with embroidery, fur inserts and lace.
In the time of the USSR, pillowcases from the tapestry were very popular, now the fashion is back on them again. And nowadays, such a canvas are used for the design of classic and rich interiors. Pillows made of tapestries can be configured to transform even the most unreasonable room. The fabric is distinguished by a rather dense texture, due to which the material racks to wear, withstands a large amount of styrics and drying outdoors without prejudice to its appearance. It is noteworthy that tapestry is a universal material, because it can be used to decorate the living room, bedroom or children’s zone.
Methods of registration
Pillowcases for sleep, as a rule, have restrained colors, but the design of decorative pillows is distinguished by a large selection and variety of plots. These can be floral ornaments, still lifes, reproductions of famous paintings, geometric compositions and all sorts of ethnic patterns. Designers advise when choosing a pillow to take into account the purpose of the room, For example, landscapes, images of cities, miracles of light and attractions are suitable for living room and bedrooms. In modern premises, geometric or abstract patterns look well. For the kitchen and dining room, it is better to give preference to still lifes with the image of fruits, fruits, berries and flowers, and funny little animals and heroes of favorite cartoons are suitable for children’s room. For car pillows, you can buy pillowcases, decorated with images of retro factors.
Big delusion is the fact that the pillows can only be used at home, on the contrary, they are very convenient to place beyond. For example, in a recreation area at the local area, an open veranda or terrace often use decorative pillows, the stylistics of which depends on the landscape design and the main motifs of the design of the area adjacent to the house. With bright pillows, you can very quickly and simply change the style of the room. If you made repairs, it is quite necessary to buy new pillows, it is enough to change the pillowcases of the sofa decors, they immediately become a stylish accent in the interior.
Tips for use
In the overwhelming majority of cases, pillowcases perform an important protective function, which is replete synthetic or natural filler from tears, sweat, dust and other contaminants;. But the pillow protects both sleeping person from dangerous dust ticks, allergens and many other stimuli. In addition, the pillowcase must provide an effective air exchange – only in this case the material will serve for a long time, and the cushion filler will not be exposed to moisture, which, in combination with the human, then forms a favorable for reproduction of fungi and other pathogenic microorganisms. That is why it is important to choose the right pillowcase – only in this case its use will be functional.
The first thing is worth focusing – this is the material. For home textiles worth paying preference to environmentally friendly materials. The most famous brands are used for sewing cotton fabrics with anti-allergenic treatment of Actigard, due to which any possibility of the appearance of fungi and pathogens of microorganisms is excluded. Such protection retains its antimicrobial properties for 100 looping cycles.
While buying should pay attention to the quality of the seams, for this you just need to take the pillow and pull it into different directions in the location of the material segments. If the product is high quality, it will not be shifted in the sewage plots. It is important that the stitches are smooth and equal in length – only in this case the use of the pillow will not be associated with the risk of internal contents of the cushion outward.
Size also has an important meaning. It must fully match the length and width of the pillow itself. If the case is too big, dust will start to gather in voids. If the model is selected too small, then the pillow is in such a pillowcase, you have to give it a little more density, which is far from the best way reflected on the quality and comfort of sleep.
Pillows are a stylish decor element that not only decorates the room, but also emphasizes his style.
If the room is decorated in the marine style, then you can emphasize the subject of the pillowcase, decorated in blue color with a white stripe, or the product with the image of ships, marine inhabitants or seashells.
For modern interiors, moisture-proof covers with abstract and geometric patterns will be more appropriate.
Modern, Provence or Country often use terry floral ornaments.
Rooms in oriental styles are difficult to imagine without abundance of pillows with silk pillowcases.
And the classic requires linen pillows or tapestry.
And, of course, the heroes of favorite films can transform any children’s bed.
Very stylishly look pillows made with their own hands. Good look like knitted pillowcases from yarn, as well as knitted, decorated with sequins and on buttons. Fashion directions in recent years have become Patchwork and Dakimakura.
About how to wash pillowcases, look in the following video.