Modern textile market offers a huge selection of bed linen. He, like any product on the market, is inherent in constant updating of design and operational characteristics. It is as a result of the search for new ideas and a new fusion of textiles designers appeared – a tensile sheet. It appeared recently, but immediately became popular. How to choose it, fold, use and even sew yourself – in this article.
What is and what advantages?
An elastic band is sewn into such a sheet, due to which the sheet covers the mattress from above, and the gum, which is engaged in its edges and is at this moment under the mattress, supports the specified tension. Thus, the sheet is fixed on the surface of the mattress, and does not shift during human movements.
Its advantages are obvious and numerous.
- As mentioned above – it is firmly fixed on the mattress. This characteristic can be assessed by advantage only by checking it on yourself.
- Such a sheet can not be stroke. Thanks to its fixation and tension, it does not require ironing either after washing, nor in the morning.
- Used not only as a sheet, but also as a mattress cover.
- Use on children’s mattress.
- For restless sleep baby Sheet with a rubber band – the best option.
How to choose
Bed linen with tension sheets should be chosen according to the following basic criteria.
- Textile. The most acceptable material for bed linen has always been a cotton fabric type Bosi, but now priority is given to any natural fabric, including Silka, flax and even Mahra. In winter and in the summer, they “adapt” under the temperature of the body – in the summer “give” a cool, and in the winter they do not “cool”. Despite the obvious advantage, artificial fabrics have been relative popularity – viscose and bamboo. With high quality production, such materials are not inferior to natural knitted, but have a more affordable price. Most of the synthetic tissues are distinguished by a beautiful view and ease when washing, but can adversely affect the skin with long or constant contact.
- The size. Sheets, like any bedding, have standard models: the largest – Euromax – the royal kit is produced in size 200×200 cm; Double set – Euro – 180×200 cm; Another double bed – small – 160×200 cm; and one-time sets with dimensions 140×200 and 90×200 cm. The size of the sheets are selected on the sizes of the mattress, so in addition to standard sizes, models with other dimensions began to be produced. If, when tensioning the sheets on the mattress, there is a lot of free space, it is better to alter it, because in this case it will not hold on it.
- The bed is selected by the picture you like or color on the personal discretion of the buyer. But you need to remember that any bedding is inclined to lose its color over time.
This question may sound a bit strange, especially if we are talking about a sheet. The usual sheet to be folded easier than simple, but, oddly enough, a sheet with a rubber, despite its parachutulum, add it too much.
To do this, do next:
- Take a sheet in both hands, folded in half, “Wear” angles in each other.
- Folded the sheet in half again, connecting together at the same time.
- Fold the sheet for three parts by width.
- Re-fold the sheet half the length and repeat again.
There is another way of folding sheets with a rubber band.
- Lingerie on a large and flat surface type of table or bed.
- Lower corners are inserted into the upper corners.
- Smoothed edges with elastic.
- The upper half of the sheets is laid inside like pocket.
- The bottom half is laid under the top.
- Next, the sheet consists of several times in half to the size you need.
The first folding option is more suitable for small sheets with a rubber band of 160×80 or 80×160 cm. Their difference, despite the same numbers, is that each of them is intended for mattresses of various sizes.
The second form of folding is more suitable for bedwear of the following dimensions: 80×200 cm, 90×200 cm, 120×200 cm, 90×190 cm. They differ much larger and the second way they are more suitable than the first.
From the first time to get used to the folding of such a sheet not easy, but over time you can buy a good skill.
How to sew
If in stores you did not find a suitable sheet, it is very easy to sew it yourself.
Required materials: fabric, threads, sewing machine, rubber band and chalk for fabric.
- The process begins with the choice of fabric. As for any bed linen in a priority, always any cotton (or other natural) fabric.
- Next Mattress dimensions are made. The measured values are added from 30 to 50 cm for a piece of fabric, which will facilitate the sides of the mattress. The pattern can be made both on millimeter paper, and immediately directly on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Next, the pattern is cut and folded twice in half.
- From the edge of the measured square size of 25×25 cm and cut off with scissors.
- Seam is made at a distance of 2.5 cm in the bending and stitched by a machine line along the inside edge.
- In the seam with the help of the pin, there is a rubber band.
- Ready product.
As you can see sew bed linen, it’s quite simple. For the same instructions, it is possible to sew a product for an oval mattress, you just need to make an oval pattern. Otherwise – everything is the same.
Most customers, of course, quite acquiring this kind of products. In addition to the fact that the gas station process has become much easier, as they say, so such sheets do not require careful care. Consumers noted the mass of the liberated time who traveled earlier on ironing sheets.
Of the insignificant minuses, it is noted possible not to always store so underwear in a convenient form. You have to fill your hand before you start to fold the sheets right.
Bed linen with sheets on the rubber band appeared quite recently and sin do not feel all the convenience of using it.
About how to fold the tension sheet correctly, look in the following video.