Sweet dream and enjoyed Drem in a comfortable and soft bed – this is the key to the successful start of the day. And the desire to soak in the stroke of the air and breathable fabric is possible to implement only in properly selected bedding. Therefore, when choosing a suitable product, it is very important to pay attention to parameters such as material density.
Other parameters affect the features of the material. This is the thickness of the fibers, the weaving method, the twist of the threads, their length, the density of the fitness to each other.
Proper fabric for sewing bed linen should have a surface density of 120-150 g / m². And that the surface is smooth, the fibers must be long, thin and durable. If short threads are used, which are connected to the nodules, the canvas becomes rough and inhomogeneous.
From how the threads are twisted, the wear resistance and the softness of the product depends. The stronger the twist, the stronger and hard canvas. Bed linen from weakly twisted fibers is more pleasant and gentle to the touch.
The most important indicator characterizing the quality of the material is its density. It happens two types: Linear and surface.
Linear is an indicator that characterizes the thickness of the thread by the ratio of the mass of the tissue to its length. Expressed in kg / m.
Distinguish low density (from 20 to 30), medium-low (from 35 to 45), medium (from 50 to 65), medium-high (from 65 to 85), high (from 85 to 120) and very high (from 130 to 280).
Surface – a parameter that determines the mass of the fiber (in grams) per 1 m². It is this value that is indicated on the packaging of bed linen or on a roll of material.
It is believed that the higher the surface density of the tissue, the more qualitative. But too dense material can be heavy, tough and unpleasant to the body. Therefore, it is better to take into account the readings of both parameters.
Methods of weave
For sewing bed linen, fabrics are used usually with a smooth (main) interweaving.
- POLINE – alternation of transverse and longitudinal fibers in the 1: 1 ratio. Examples: Calica, Cite, Ranfors, Poplin.
- Satin (satin). In this method, transverse threads (wept), covering several longitudinal threads, are derived to the front surface of the canvas. As a result, the fabric turns out a bit loose, soft and smooth. Example: satin.
- Sarthen. As a result of this method on the canvas appear tubercles (diagonal rutters). Examples: Hallet Lining Materials, Sarthen.
For the production of bed linen Fabrics are used:
- natural vegetable fibers (flax, cotton, eucalyptus, bamboo) and animal origin (Silk);
- and mixtures (combination of natural and synthetic threads).
The most suitable raw material for bed linen is cotton, since it consists of pure natural fibers of plant origin. Cotton cloth breathes perfectly, absorbs moisture, easily dismissed, warms it in the cold and is inexpensive.
Many different materials produce from cotton: Caucasus, Sitz, Satin, Ranfors, Perkal, Flannel, Polykotton, Jacquard, Wastened Fabric combined with flax.
- Biaz – strong and high-quality material with linen weave. More rude to the touch, but bed linen from this material is strong and high-quality. There are several types: harsh (fabric with the highest density, unpainted), bleached, printed (with color pattern), smooth (monophonic). On average, the bosal density for bed linen varies from 110 to 165 g / m².
- Ranfors – Fabric obtained from cotton that has passed the processing of the fiber-by-alkaline solution (mercerization). Material is characterized by high strength, hygroscopicity. Cloth smooth, smooth and silky. Possesses 120 g / m² density. It is made of the best grades of cotton and costs more than Bosi.
- In the manufacture of Popinda Apply threads of different thickness. Transverse – Cealing, Delta – Consight. Therefore, small tubercles appear on the surface (Rubers). Such bed linen is soft and beautiful, does not give a shrinkage, does not fade. Average tissue density from 110 to 120 g / m².
- Satin Outwardly similar to the flannel because the facial side of the material is smooth, and the revolving – darous. Twist threads double, weaving method sires. The density of the usual satin is from 115 to 125 g / m². Premium fabric more dense – 130 g / m². There are several types: ordinary, jacquard, printed, printed, crepe, Mako (the most dense, high-quality and expensive satin), full, comfort (elite, soft, gentle, breathable).
- Jacquard Satin – Cotton fabric with a relief bilateral pattern, obtained by special weave of threads. It is not exposed to stretching, long holds the form, absorbs moisture well and not afraid of temperature drops. Used for sewing bed linen Elitclass. Density 135-145 g / m².
- Linen – the most eco-friendly fabric, in the process of manufacturing which chemical components are not used. Has antiseptic properties and massage effect. Well removes moisture, keeps the organism microclimate, cooling in the heat and warmed in cold. There is only one minus – Lon can give shrinkage when washing. Flax density is 125-150 g / m².
- Silk – this is the most expensive material of animal origin. Soft and tender, with characteristic glitter fabric is very sensitive to temperature drops. It requires careful care, as it is stretched, destroyed under the influence of sunlight. Quality silk is measured in special moms, which is determined by weight 1 m² of fabric. Perfect value 16-22 mm. Pleasant glitter is ensured due to the triangular cross section of the threads and refraction of light.
- Sitz – Comfortable body and undemanding cotton fabric. Characterized by high wear resistance, moisture permeability. The density is low 80-100 g / m², as the threads are thick, and the weaving is rare. Differs low cost.
- Polykotton – cotton and polyester mixture. Cotton from 30 to 75%, the rest – synthetics. Bed linen from this fabric is very wear-resistant, it does not require ironing, easily dismissed. For this reason, it is commonly used in hotels. However, there are negative properties: poorly passes air, rolls and electrified.
- Flannel – Pure cotton with a very soft structure. Soft, warm and hypoallergenic material suited to newborn children. Disadvantages – over time they are formed by kat.
- Bed linen from bamboo fibers has an antiseptic effect, high hygroscopicity. The surface of the canvas smooth and silky. The product needs a delicate washing. Disadvantage – high price.
- Tensel – silky fabric with bacteriostatic properties obtained from eucalyptus cellulose. Such bed linen is not deformed when washing, I miss the air well and absorbs moisture. But it requires delicate care (liquid means), drying (not under direct sunlight) and careful ironing (from the wrong side).
In order to choose the right product correctly, you should remember the basic characteristics of the most common for sewing bed linen materials.
Surface density, g / m2
Fabrics with high density indicators are suitable for everyday use, as they are more resistant to abrasion and fading. For the same reason, the material is suitable and newborn. Frequent shift and hot washing will not spoil the product.
Such a dense fabric is suitable for a person who grows a lot in bed. By the way, in this case, you should think about a sheet with a rubber band.
The choice of suitable linen depends on and because it is intended for. For example, products with small and medium density are suitable for allergic and sensitive skin. But it should be remembered that thin material quickly fades, deformed and covered by kat.
And if you present high-quality and beautiful bed linen as a gift to the connoisseur of comfort – it will be the best proof of attention, respect and care.
About how to choose a tissue density for bed linen, see the following video.