Dimensions of duftors for Eurostandards are noticeably different from Russian analogues. And have a wide range. Among them, you can pick up one-time, double and even megasum, as well as a children’s and family type. Therefore, to acquire this product you need to come to the store prepared.
But before the choice it is worth deciding with the types of duvette. Summer and double and double formats are considered the most common. They correspond to such parameters:
- One-hour – 215×155 cm;
- double – 200×220 cm;
These sizes are considered standard. And kits that include such duvettes are usually called “standard”, “Euro 1”.
But there are formats that do not fall under the concept of “standard”. Such ducts differ in their sizes from the norm.
- Euromax, in which the linen case has volumes of 220×240. Such a kit is still called “Euro 2”, “Euro Plus”. And also “King Size”, the duvet cover which is intended for a giant blanket with dimensions of 260×220.
- In the family package there are 2 duvettes with dimensions of 215×143.
As for the children’s headset, there are two options.
- Clamp: 147 × x112. Such a set is designed for newborns. But it can be used longer, about 2 years. It should take into account the growth of the kid.
- Children’s: It corresponds to the standard one-time duvet. And comes up for kids who are already sleeping on a regular bed. From the product from the ordinary set it is distinguished by only bright, children’s drawing.
If the blanket does not match the norm at all, it has too small or huge scales, then you will have to sew a bed of independent or under the order.
We are determined with the size
A duvet cover is a thing that protects the blanket from pollution and unpleasant odors derived from the environment, as well as from contact with the bodies of people sleeping under it. The size of the european is selected according to the size of the blanket. Depending on the scale, they are divided into one and a half, double and euro. But if it is difficult for you to compare your product and these concepts, then the easiest way to measure the blanket itself. As a rule, the product has a rectangular shape.
Therefore, it is necessary to know its length and width:
- Prepare a centimeter or roulette;
- The length is measured in the vertical direction from the top edge of the canvas to the bottom, strictly perpendicularly;
- The width is determined by setting up the appropriate side of the blanket and a centimeter horizontally over a flat line, from the left edge to the right.
Not always blanket visually corresponds to the rectangle. For example, size 210×220 externally resembles a square. But its width and length of unequal. So no matter how square it seems the product, measure it according to the rules.
Knowing the format of your bed products, it will be easy to choose a cover to it. Choosing a duvet cover, keep in mind that its sizes must strictly match the desisted. The mismatch is allowed no more than 5 cm, but better in the direction of larger duvette.
For example, after measuring the blankets, such numbers were obtained: 200×230 cm. In this case, the duvet cover must correspond to these figures. Or, the maximum that you can afford it is size 205×235. If the cover is greater than the blanket, it will constantly get into one, then in the other way. If less – the canvas go faldami, will bend. All this will affect the quality of your sleep.
It is worth paying attention to another moment: where in a duvet cover there is a slot. Products with holes in the middle is unlikely to be found in Eurobla. There are two options.
- Small hole on the side. It is extremely inconvenient to lend a blanket.
- The big slope on the lightning or buttons, located on one of the sides of the width – the perfect option for the convenience of putting on the case.
You can purchase a duvet cover with a complete set of bed linen or a separate product. In any case, the packaging should be labeled sizes. It is easily determined by it, whether this product is suitable.
What fabric to choose
Of particular importance when choosing a duct cover has matter from which it is made. If synthetic fabric is selected, it is difficult to predict how they will behave after washing. Maybe they will give shrinkage, and then it will be difficult to put the blanket in the case.
It is better to give preference to natural cotton fabrics. Their variety is very great. Caucasus, Sitz, Batist – the most common representatives of this group. But the highest quality are satin and perkal.
Satin – very beautiful fabric. It has a natural glitter resembling silk. Such fabric is very convenient in operation. It practically does not mind, does not roll and retains warmth well. Features high wear resistance and affordable price. After washing it does not sit down, so the buyer does not have to worry about the size of the product.
Perkal belongs to elite, expensive canvases. But it is perfect for bed linen. Material is soft and pleasant to the touch, the air is well passed. Pretty durable and durable. But it is worth considering the fact that its surface over time is slightly wrinkled due to the high density of the threads. This leads to a shrinkage of matter by about 2%.
Suitable tissues for bedding will be silk and flax. They also do not lose their trademarks for a long time and do not deform.
It is also necessary to pay attention to the color of the duvette. Classic tone is white. It is ideal for strong and harmonious sleep. The same effect possess blue and pink colors. Too large patterns on bed linen excite the nervous system, and small elements on it, on the contrary, there are relaxing.
Choose a suitable duvet cover will not be difficult if you follow all the recommendations. A variety of assortment will give the opportunity to choose the product of even the most incredible sizes.
On how to determine the size of bed linen correctly, look in the following video.