A person is able to experience a huge range of feelings: both pleasant and not very. One of the most pleasant and refreshing sensations, undoubtedly, is a feeling of fresh, clean and warm bed, in which we are placed after a hard working day. An important role, of course, plays the quality of the bed on which we sleep. However, many forget about bed linen, which can make rest much more pleasant, relaxing and cozy.
Today, the market presents a wide variety of bed linen sets: from monophonic natural fabrics to synthetic coatings with merry drawings. But do not forget that it is important not only to choose the right coating for your bed, but correctly and compactly store it in your apartment.
First you should figure out how long the bed linen can be stored. It primarily depends on what material (tissue) it is manufactured. The second important factor for laundry durability is the features of washing (as often, what means and so on).
So, flannel sheets and duvets will serve you not more than five years. Products from Bosi will withstand two years more (up to seven years). Such natural materials like cotton and flax will be able to last up to nine years. We are pleased with the service life of artificial materials (for example, satin) – they can be stored in a closet or wardrobe 10 years. The most durable is the natural silk, the life of the products produced from it is 15 years.
Despite the fact that at the moment there are a large number of ways, Proper and durable storage of bed linen relies on some principles:
- It is necessary to store only the washed and dried underwear (dirty put it out not in the closet, but in a washing machine);
- Coatings should be well maintained and neat (linked, deposited);
- It is appropriate at the place of storage of bed linen to place any fragrance that will attach fresh flavor.
Where to store?
In fact, the place for storing bed linen can be determined by its choice and preference. For example, it can be folded into a regular wardrobe, where clothing is stored, pre-tightening several shelves specifically for linen.
For greater compactness and accuracy, you can use special boxes or baskets that can be purchased at any store where homes for home are sold. You can also use the chest of drawers or large bedside tables for this purpose.
If you have a sharp disadvantage of storage spaces, you can store your bedding in special sofa storage blocks or beds.
It is important to note that in places where underwear is stored, there should be no high humidity and sharp leaks of temperatures, and also there should not fall straight sun rays. Otherwise, your coating for the bed is moldy, will find out an unpleasant smell, will change the color (yellowed) and deteriorate.
It is necessary to regularly air the storage locations in order to avoid the appearance of moth.
Konmari (or Marie Condo) – Professional in the field of order in the house. To ensure high-quality preservation of bedding, it offers to use simple advice.
- Keep bedding is needed on separate shelves, and not with other things (for example, clothing). This is explained by the difference in materials from which things are made, respectively, for them a different care is necessary.
- Coatings need to be folded in the form of a rectangle or triangle.
- Things can be folded both horizontally and vertically that saves space in the closet, chest or on the shelves.
- Linen conveniently divided by color scheme or materials.
In order for your bedding to be preserved as long as possible, it follows:
- Change kits no less often than 1 time in 7 days;
- Erase things in compliance with all instructions on the manufacturer’s label;
- dry products in the fresh air (at least in a ventilated room);
- Store underwear in an inside out of state;
- pillowcases, duvet covers and sheets to store separately;
- In cases of storage of linen sets in one place of the sheets and duvet covers, wrap with pillowcase (also a set of linen can be towering a ribbon or rope for convenience);
- split underwear sets for the season: separately – lighter and summer, separate – winter;
- Use specially intended flavors, soap or grass with the goal of giving up a pleasant and fresh smell.
So you got acquainted with all the secrets of the proper storage of bed linen. If you adhere to the listed simple tips, then your products will be saved for quite a long time and will be in good condition.
Remember that the quality of your rest depends on the quality of your bedding.
Instructions for folding bed linen – in the video below.