With the development of modern production technologies, over the past one and a half century, we are accustomed to plumbing objects from ceramics and metal, which no one will surprise anyone. The most fade models from porcelain and faience became the usual phenomenon. Stainless light steel for kitchen sinks changed heavy cast iron covered with enamel.
To give the housing exclusivity, try to apply unusual materials or use them in unusual performance. So, the sinks of glass or natural stone are considered an extraordinary designer decision. They can cost quite expensive. And what a tree? According to many, the tree is difficult to present in the plumbing – it can serve only furniture or decorative element. However, this is a big misconception, and modern designers successfully destroy this myth.
Since ancient times, wooden items and coatings were used everywhere in home. This is a wonderful material for the construction of houses, baths, economic premises. This Russian bath is difficult to imagine without wooden water tanks: barrels, lochs, fonts. The tree interacts well with water, and with the correct processing of the material it is capable of learing for many years. Wood fiber environmentally friendly, attached to the room a kind of aesthetics, and also able to emphasize the interior design. For this reason, wooden sinks for the washbasin have recently special popularity. In its finished form, wooden shell acquires a stylish gloss. Such a model can be one of the main design accents of the room.
Of course, the shell from the tree looks stylish and maintained the functionality of the material for a long time, wood must be subject to special processing. That is why in the production of such products during polishing uses multilayer protection with varnishes and certain compositions, allowing to increase wood stability to water.
Another feature of wooden shells is the property of the material over time to acquire a darker shade. For each breed, this factor is individual. Manufacturers interested in quality of their products will definitely offer and advise a set of means capable of keeping the initial shades of wood. Some model of shells require mandatory periodic processing with special oils.
The main rule of carfing of the sink of wood is to avoid caustic cleaning products containing abrasive substances in their composition.
Tree – Natural Material. Like all living on the planet, it is associated with water. Starting from the growth of seeds, ending with the processing of wood, water is constantly present somewhere nearby. In the past times, the ships were built, the forest was fused along rivers, some varieties of wood were treated by soaking or flooding. For example, oak after prolonged soaking gains special strength, so the myth that the tree cannot be combined with water, does not withstand verification facts.
Over time, the masters, the experimental way was determined which breeds of trees are most suitable for interacting with water. Nowadays, the sinks are made from the following materials.
One of the most durable wood breeds, which acquires additional strength. It was from her the first water pipes in medieval Europe. Oak has a wide range of shades, which allows you to choose the perfect option for every taste.
Valuable material that has a high rubber content. Due to this property, tick sinks have additional water repellent properties. Olter substances in this wood impede the formation of fungus and mold. Under the influence of water, wood does not darken over time, keeping its original shade.
Durable material having a wide color spectrum from the brightest to saturated dark shades. Bamboo is somewhat cheaper than oak and teak, as it does not fully fall under the definition of “tree”.
The most economical option, as the products of them are not so exquisied and durable. However, maple wood, birch, acacia or nuts perfectly handling, takes any forms, and under the influence of special compositions it becomes quite strong. In production, the method of pressing and gluing small particles of wood, impregnation with wax and oils, lamination. But the product can be performed from a solid massif, followed by treatment and impregnation.
First of all, wooden shells are able to emphasize the style of indoors focused on natural wood.
The tree is perfectly combined with any other materials, therefore it is suitable for the decoration of the shell:
- natural stone;
Favorite styles of designers for inclusion in the interior of wood shells.
- Rustic design motif will play new paints, if in the style of “Russian huts” or american country add a wooden wobby, decorated with carvings.
- Stylish wood shells will decorate the style of the chalet, give him nobility without separation from the surrounding natural environment.
- Style Rustic Rough Wood will give brutality, especially in combination with raw stone.
- The tenderness of Provence will emphasize the shell of white oak and a wrought ornament with a patina or gilding.
- The eco style will add a natural element that there is no much in a similar interior. Eco-style sink cabinet can be made of natural or artificial rattan.
- But the sophisticated classic is not alien to the unusual manifestation of forms and textures of wooden shells. Clear geometric shapes, shining varnish on noble wood, will look truly luxurious and respectable.
- But for ultra-modern styles, it is better to choose another material, more close to artificial raw materials and the latest technologies.
Sink do it yourself
Make a sink for a house in the village do it yourself will not be a lot of work if you have the skills of a joinery. The main advantage of such a product will be in its originality and a part of your creativity. The simplest option is the cutting of the container from the solid massif of wood or well-cocked bars.
Step-by-step instructions will allow you to understand how to make sink yourself, Possessing school knowledge from labor lessons.
- Decide with sizes and material. The width and depth of the tank will depend on your preferences and availability of an available web.
- Cleaning the top layer of wood, apply marking on a pre-prepared plan.
- Circular saw cut into an array deepening by contour. Do not forget to calculate the depth so as not to cut the tree through.
- Children and hammer remove extra particles of wood.
- Grinding disk Apply a smooth surface, additionally process the wood with sandpaper to remove minor burrs.
- In the installed location, cut the hole for the drain.
- The resulting sink must be treated with epoxy resin composition, and then apply polyurethane coating. This will create a waterproof layer.
- After drying the varnish, your unique shell is ready to install and connect to the drain system. You can also give her an unusual look by inventing your own design and form.
Subtleties of care
Despite its strength, wood is a sufficiently demanding material that requires accurate circulation and special care, so the usual uses and cleaning methods are not suitable for faience and metal.
So that the sink served for a long time, some rules of care and operation should be followed.
- Do not put hot objects, do not pour boiling water. The tree is exposed to high temperatures, therefore unattractive traces may remain on the surface of the sink.
- Cleaning the sink is made only by soft sponges and antibacterial not alkaline compositions. Aggressive substances are capable of entering, and then destroy the structure of wood and coating, therefore the use of abrasive cleaning products with chlorine and bleaching agents is excluded.
- Unwanted surface interaction with sharp objects capable of scratching the protective layer;
- Fatty residues should be avoided, since their subsequent removal can cause certain difficulties;
- Wooden shells should not be used in the kitchen, where high risk of pollution with fat or boiling water on the surface;
- It is necessary to conduct periodic processing of the sink with special compositions, including oils and wax. Preventive processing are held every three months. This will extend the service life of the product, and will also retain its water repellent quality and color.
About how shells made of wood, you can find out in the following video.