Before you begin repairing a drain tank, you need to get acquainted with its device, the main elements and the principle of work. It will contribute to the rapid fault detection. The drain tank is most often located at a short distance from the toilet itself, in connection with which the intense flow of water is washing away with bowls of toilet bowl. In this design, the pipeline is a connecting element between the drain tank and a toilet.
Features and device
Increasingly in plumbing stores you can meet a model that is one whole. There are products that drain tanks of which are disguised as a decorative partition. But despite the different appearance, the inner structure of the drain tank remains the same.
The tasks of the internal device of the drain tank are:
- Fill the water tank to the required mark is the most common cause of breakage;
- Access to full or selective water descent in the toilet.
Washing water into the tank as follows:
- In order to resume the supply of water, the float is used, which is fixed on the border of the lever;
- When the water is descended, the float drops, falls on the bottom of the tank and opens the channel through it and water supply is carried out;
- As soon as it reaches a certain mark, the float returns to the original location and closes the channel for water supply.
There is a model that supplies water from below. In this model, the noise arising when filling the water tank can hardly hear. This model is characterized by a more difficult internal device and high cost.
In the old model, in order to pull the water, the same method is applied – the holes for the washes were covered with a slight size with valves or rubber pears. The lever that went beyond the borders of the case was connected by chain. Therefore, when they dragged behind the lever – the drain hole was opened and the water washed off in the toilet.
Damage to these parts becomes the main factor provoking the long filling of water into the toilet tank, Most of which will go through the not to the end of the covered hole for a drain. Repair of this design usually does not cause any difficulties – it is a simple and understandable device. But this does not apply to a new modern model, which uses a different view of pipe fittings. It will allow you to adjust the intensity of the volume of washes. To work this mechanism, a button is involved, which consists of two parts, and each part is responsible for the different intensity of flushing.
In order to make a washed on a modern model of the toilet, there is no need to hold the button, as on the old plumbing device. One easy press is quite enough.
Causes of faults
A fairly common phenomenon – in the drain pot it is impossible to make a descent of water or it is not filled with water.
The cause of these defects can be:
- The float is incorrectly located – one of the reasons for the endless flow of water or a small amount of water during washing;
- Potrested float – this can occur in the case of very long exploitation;
- The too slow filling of the tank capacity with the bottom liner, also sometimes water is not poured at all;
- contamination of the internal parts of the water treatment device;
- Continuous flow of water in the drain tank. Water goes to the toilet constantly and does not stop. It is bad because all the water must be paid.
The cause of the malfunction can be concluded not only in the internal device of the tank, but also beyond. For example, a source of slow filling the tank of the tank with water may be zero or piping pipes.
Methods of elimination
Before start repairing a tank, it is necessary to overlap the water supply from the water pipeline.
Next, produce a specific action algorithm:
- Until using a wrench, a hose that connects the pipe for supplying a liquid with a drain tank. After that, check the ability of water.
- Eliminate the block appeared. Recommended for those faults when the fluid flows along the hose, but does not fill the tank capacity. Vomor may form in the field of the pipe or on the plot of its connection with the drain hole. Clean it using a long nail or any other sharp object.
- After all the manipulations produced, attach the hose to the drain tank and check if the filling of the barrel is happening.
Termination of the float is associated with two reasons. The first – the float does not carry out the flow of water in the tank and does not cover it tightly. In both faults, both float and valve can be enabled. The structure of the float depending on the model of the drain tank may vary. It can be hollow inside or resemble an inverted glass. Hollow float, as a rule, quickly comes in a malfunction. This is due to the fact that water drops fall into it. In this situation, his full replacement will help. The float in the form of a glass after a short period of time begins to actively sculit the dirt on its surface, which also provokes the failure of the entire drain device. Repairs in this case lies in a thorough washing float.
When contamination of pipe fittings, which is designed to overlap water, it may not cope with its functional purposes. It happens because of the clogging of the membrane or hole allowing the fluid to move. To solve the problem, you need to disassemble the float. All membrane channels are washed and inserted to the original place, then the cap is screwed. Despite the simplicity of this repair process, much more practical and more expedient to replace the membrane. This element is often an additional component in a set with a new float.
To regulate the location of the float, it is recommended to do some uncomplicated actions. To begin with, fill the drain tank and track the level to which water rises. The ideal option is water, located for five centimeters below the sideline hole of the drain tank. Make sure that the water is slightly covered the case of a drain device. To obtain the required water level and for the correct operation of the drain tank can be achieved by lifting and lowering the float. Raising the float, you will increase the volume of the water filled, and letting the float, you, accordingly, drop it.
With a problem with a drain mechanism, the difficulty arising due to a malfunction of a drain device leads to an endless water flow. There are cases when lowering the tube occurs lower than it is required, which allows the float to gain an unnecessary volume of water. Tube regulation is made by lifting it. Sometimes this is enough, but in other cases it will takes a specialized reconfiguration of the location details. In a situation where the rubberized valve ceases to restrain the water – it is either clogged, or dry. To solve the problem, it is recommended to disassemble the drain tank. At the same time, it is not necessary to remove it. Drain tank without much effort disconnected into two parts. It is necessary to clean the drain hole and the valve itself. After which the drain tank is going to former.
When leaked on the site between the tank and the toilet, it is recommended to replace all rubberized gaskets and seals for fasteners. To implement this procedure, you will need to discover the drain tank. If you have found a malfunction in the locking elements of the device, then in this case a complete replacement of non-working parts is performed.
Consequences of inaction
You need to do something if the tank broke and the water stopped correctly. In case you noticed that the drain tank is faulty or does not work so well with the work, as before, do not neglect it with repair. In addition to the fact that you will most likely hurt all the equipment of your bathroom, there is a chance of damage to the bathroom living under you. In other words, a drain tank, which is not able to fill itself with water, provokes water flow into a plot that is intended for products of the life of the human body. It is connected to a drain tank using a tube. There is a chance that the tube may begin to proceed, which will definitely provoke the flooding of your neighbors.
In addition, when you ignore the first signs of the too slow filling of the drain tank with water, after a while, you can encounter the fact that the water will continue to act in general, which is an unpleasant pleasure, given the main function of this device – washing.
You need to know that a completely running device is not subject to repair. Therefore, the need arises in acquiring a new mechanism and its subsequent minting. And these are new troubles and expenses.
Consider the unit possible if you constantly monitor it and, if necessary, use our recommendations.
To replace the reinforcement, it is necessary:
- Removal of reinforcement Start from the definition of the inner diameter of the sewer pipe, which brings water. The correct finding of the diameter will simplify the purchase of new details.
- In the event of difficulties with the definition of the desired diameter, a visual inspection will help. Lift the tank cover and purchase identical design in the plumbing store. Fittings for drain tank often sold in a set.
- Before installing the new device, it is imperative to turn off the water supply that enters the bowl of the toilet bowl, remove the roof of the drain tank and wash off the remaining water.
- To dismantle the old device, unscrew the flexible hose, while hold the old fittings.
- Inspect the used gaskets and rubber seals, in case of unsuitability, replace new.
- Make the installation of new waterborne reinforcement so that it does not touch the walls of the drain tank and did not hurt the drain mechanism.
- Open the fluid supply.
- After the water is connected, it is possible to need some regulation of the new mechanism, for example, tighten the nut at the membrane or a slight adjustment of the location of the float.
Tips and recommendations
One of the reasons for the malfunction of the drain tank is to clog internal parts in the watershed assembly. In order to avoid this kind of trouble in the future, it is necessary as a prevention to consider the deposited limetones or rust, settled on the walls of the drain tank.
To start cleaning, it is recommended to turn off the water and wash off the water remaining in the tank. For convenience, you can remove the float and drilled lever. They are also recommended thoroughly rinse with any cleaning agent. To clean the tank, fill it with a soap solution or a specialized cleaner and leave for 30-60 minutes. After the time expires, the tank walls are clean using a rod, a rigid cloth or a sponge. If you have achieved the desired result, install the float and the drilled lever in the same position.
In severe pollution, it is necessary to use more aggressive cleaning products.
- Detergents with abrasive particles that contain tiny grains of chalk, quartz sand and pumice.
- Funds that are brought by acids. The most practical and effective will be the use of hydrochloric acid. To effectively remove rust and plaque, it is recommended to carefully treat with acid all contaminated areas. Do not forget to wash the water in advance. Then leave the solution for half an hour. After this procedure, it usually does not occur with further cleaning. It will be enough to hold a rigid cloth on the surface of the entire tank. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- Cleaning products that are brought by alkali, for example, sodium hypochlorite. The cleaning method is similar to products with acid.
Most malfunctions in the drain tank device do not require specialized interference in the face of Plumbing. Much can you fix yourself at home. It will save you from unnecessary expenses and will give a guarantee on the correct operation of watershed reinforcement, which works for some reason incorrectly.
About why water is not recruited in the toilet tank, see the following video.