The comfort and aesthetic atmosphere of the bathroom plays the same important role in the interior of the house, like the living room, bedroom and kitchen. After all, the bathroom begins our morning, and there we have a day, before going to sleep. Even in small-scale apartments, where you have to save a useful area, the bathroom can be an island of comfort and the embodiment of the artistic taste.
Along with the most important components of the interior of the bathroom, the sink and the cabinet under it are one of the most functional items. But standard shells do not differ from the original design and occupy a lot of space in the end. They come to replace new designs in the form of beautiful cups, as if randomly delivered at the tabletop of the couch.
What it is?
This is a modern designer reception, in which the sink is not accumulated in the worktop, but is installed on the horizontal surface. In addition to the original appearance, Overhead shells save free space.
Such sinks are a variety of forms and materials, serve as an independent design element.
So, for example, the faience snow-white structures are perfectly combined with a classic style, and the shells of wood or stone will become an exclusive highlight of the respectable room.
The main condition for installing the overhead shell is the place to which it will be delivered. And best for this purpose, special stands are suitable, which are presented in a huge assortment on the market.
The benefit from the choice in favor of the cabinet is obvious: it will successfully hide all plumbing communications under the sink, will decorate the interior as an element of furniture and will serve as a functional place to store objects.
The main feature of the sink cabinet is a hole for draining in the tabletop and the absence of the back wall, which facilitates the supply of communications. To enhance the design at the top of the couch, additional planks use, and the lower part is strengthened with steel corners.
By design, this piece of furniture can be outdoor or mounted. Each of the species has its advantages, and their choice depends only on the preferences of the owner.
- Outdoor Tumba more stable, you can learn. It is withstanding the weight of heavy shells of dense glass, cast iron and stone. For better fixation on the floor, such stands can be additionally fixed on the wall. Models on legs or a small narrow pedestal will allow to protect the lower part of the stands from possible wetting, if a large amount of water suddenly happens. In addition, such furniture is easier to produce wet cleaning.
- Hinged models Mount to the wall brackets, do not get to the floor and create a feeling of weightlessness of the whole design. It can be completely narrow stands that resemble a worktop, but at the same time hiding plumbing communications. The main condition for the installation of mounted products is the carrier wall capable of withstanding the load both the calves and the heavy shell on it. The selection of the attached model will be especially justified if the bathroom has the heating system of floors.
Classic Torms have a square or rectangular shape. At the same time, they can be of different sizes depending on the design and size of the room.
In spacious bathrooms, if it allows the stylistic orientation, you can install a tumba in the form of a bulk semicircular chest or, on the contrary, light console.
For small rooms it is better to choose closed functional stands. Especially successfully saved the space angular cabinets in the form of a triangle and trapezoids.
This option will give the bathroom quite an unusual look, will allow not only to hide the pipes and hoses, but also supplement the room with a bulk space for the storage of household trifles.
The design of the table under the overlap sink depends primarily from the free area of the room and is determined by the facade of the couch. Will this open shelves or classic swing doors, retractable boxes or empty sink space – each option has its own characteristics and indoor destination.
- Standard Tombs with one or two doors are most spacious. They will hide unsightly cleaning items and cleaning products.
- Cubs with glass doors give the interior of the grace, but also require a special aesthetics of their filling. In such couches, you can store cosmetics, bath accessories, towels.
- For very small premises rationally purchase Tubes with sliding doors. It may not be quite convenient from the point of view of the general review inside the product, but the open sash will not take unnecessary space.
- Chest With drawers are convenient if it is supposed to store a lot of small trifles.
- The original solution for spacious bathrooms can be console, Stylized old or in modern performance. This classic model is a narrow “fireplace” shelf on long legs, can be equipped with a small drawer under the table top for storing.
- Feedhes – Another unusual solution under the overhead shell. Open shelves will allow you to decorate the placement of art objects or souvenirs of the maritime subject. Large seashells, corals, starfishes will be suitable for decor.
The choice of optimal parameters of the couch is the pledge of the aesthetics of the interior and the convenience of using the washbasin. Standard stands have a height – 80 cm, length – 1 m, width – 50 cm.
Individual parameters are determined by the presence of a free space indoor and dimensions of the bowl.
- Models less than 50 cm wide are uncomfortable in everyday life and are installed only in very narrow rooms combined with toilet room, if there is such a need. But the width exceeding the half-meter is unprofitable even for spacious premises. Too wide countertop will look overly cumbersome.
- The height of the couch is calculated based on the growth parameters of an adult and dictated by the recommendations of the posture professionals.
- Length has no decisive and selected based on the overall style of the bathroom and consumer preferences.
Before making a choice in favor of a particular model, it is necessary to measure the installation site, given the supply level of plumbing communications.
The cabinet under the sink is always associated with high humidity, even if it is hermetically isolated from water. Therefore, it is necessary to choose materials resistant to temperature differences and evaporation. It is important that the material is not deformed over time, the fungus and mold occurred.
Modern methods of processing materials allow you to produce the stands in accordance with all the above standards.
The following materials are most often used in production:
- Noble wood varieties;
- Wood fiber chipboard and MDF;
As a rule, several types of material are combined in products, one of which is based on the basis, and the rest perform the role of components or the facade decor.
The most expensive are models made of natural wood. They make sense to acquire for luxurious interiors in the classic style, baroque or rococo. Couple made of wood massif can decorate a bowl of glass, stone or porcelain, which will give additional respectfulness to the room.
But for interiors, it does not make sense to spend money on the purchase of expensive wood: it will safely replace the chipboard (chipboard or MDF). Products of modern production are indistinguishable from the wood massif, protected by a thin plastic film, and at a price much more economical. Wood slabs – the most common option Frame of all tumb under sinks.
Plastic (In other words, the durable plastic film) most often serves as a coated table top and facade of the cabinet. As well as plastic parts can be used as accessories: guides, handles, loops, latches.
In similar quality stands and metal. In addition to the function of component elements, the metal can be applied as an ornament: in the form of forged handles, stands, patterned decor supplements.
Glass Used to cover countertops or manufacture shelves and door leaf. This can also include the mirror design of the facade of the cabinets, full or partial.
Of course, the most pleasant point of purchase is the choice of the appearance of the furniture. In order not to be confused in the diversity of the proposed options, you should decide in advance with the style of future furniture. The designer composition of the overhead shell and the couch can be the main accent of the interior of the bathroom.
Consider the most common style versions that, if desired, can be supplemented with your designer ideas.
For style are characterized by clear lines and the right shapes. Equally important importance materials and color gamuts.
An antique classic will emphasize the cabinet under marble with a stone or porcelain bowl, and for the classics of the last century, it is worth looking at the products of noble wood grades of warm shades. Forged elements of the decor for brass or bronze will add the interior of the magnificent style of the Baroque style.
Classic versions of a table without jewelry will fit and minimalism. The main rule of this direction is the maximum simplicity and functionality.
The optimal option will be a one-photon spacious stand with solid doors and hidden handles. However, a narrow tube in the form of a suspended table is suitable for minimalism.
The main advantage of the bedside tables in a minimalist style is that it focuses on its unassumature, the beauty and brightness of the bowl.
One of the directions of the country style deserving separate attention. This style is inherent in pastel colors and the atmosphere of the village of the village house in the south of France. Wood materials of the stands will create a feeling of warmth, and artificial formation or stylization under the bleached oak will complement the overall style of the interior. Here are forged decorations on the doors, carved bent legs, an abundance of small drawers.
Provence style models will easily fit into the interiors Retro and Vintage, and also come to taste to lovers of unusual combinations and will not be alien in the interior with the fusion destination.
Conceptual Modern Style Based on the Urban Approach. Is a subtle balancing on the verge of luxury and poverty. Loft-style room resembles a manufacturing factory or an abandoned attic of a high-rise house. However, under the closer look at the forefront, designer things are out of expensive materials, the author’s works and incredible elements of the decor.
The cabinet under the overlap sink can be made of a wide variety of materials, the main condition – it must bear the meaning idea. For example, a cabinet can be stylized under a metal or wooden box with overhead locks, a table from a foot sewing machine.
Style combines elements of wood and steel, brick masonry and stone. Overhead shell of galvanized metal or wood will add a brutality composition, and the air white fayans, on the contrary, will dilute the atmosphere with fresh notes.
With the Loft style, such directions such as Rustic, American Country and Fusion are well combined.
About how to mount the tumba under the overhead shell, look in the following video.