Today in the bathroom in each house there is such an element like a heated towel rail. The role of this adaptation is difficult to overestimate. It serves not only for drying various linen and things, but also allows you to maintain in such a room with high humidity dry microclimate, which does not make it possible to form mold and fungus there. But the electric version of the metal is quite expensive. If there is a desire to save, then polypropylene towel rails – the best solution. Pretty just make this homemade device with your own hands. Try to figure out how to make it and install.
It should be said that a water heated towel rail made of polypropylene is a fairly interesting and advantageous solution. And we are talking about the advantages of such a material that are:
- Small pressure loss;
- ease of installation work;
- Small expansion due to the effects of high temperatures;
- a small cost of pipes;
- long service life;
- No need for sweep when welding.
It should be said that polypropylene tubes can be used up to 50 years when exposed to temperatures of several hundred degrees. If you need to apply them for circulating hot water, it is better to take reinforced pipes. Such pipes from polypropylene are also called headquarters. They have the same indicators as their characteristics as aluminum.
It should also be said that polypropylene healers can be:
The first mounted in the heating system, and their work will depend on the season. In summer there is no heat. By the way, you can even ensure the flow of fluid from the water supply. In this case, the heated towel rail will be heated only when the hot crane is turned on. If the system is not used for a long time, then the dryer will be cold. by the way, Such systems are used to create a warm floor, and indoors with such a system very convenient to sleep in winter. True, in some cases there is a violation of various norms, which is why it is not recommended to create it.
The second category of such models is running from the mains. Its main advantage – stable heating. Because of this, the place is not formed by mold and fungus, and always dry. Yes, and underwear dries quickly. But electricity consumption increases.
Combined models combine the characteristics of both options. Similar type of heated towel rail will be a good solution with constant hot water interruptions.
How to make it yourself?
To create a dryer of this type, you will need to have a number of materials and tools at hand:
- Polypropylene pipes;
- jumpers or couplings, which is also made from polypropylene;
- the knife to be cut by pipes;
- fastenings for installing the system;
- keys set;
- para-triple ball valves;
- Welding for working with polypropylene.
When selecting pipes, it is necessary to take into account the size of the coil. It must coincide with the seats wiring. Types of pipes having a diameter in the range of 15-25 millimeters are usually used. In addition, if a combined or electrical option was chosen, then a 110 watt latch with external semi-levy thread and contour should also be prepared.
This design is assembled according to the following algorithm.
- First you need to decide on the configuration. In order to avoid emergency situations, it will be better to first create a drawing of the desired design. When it creates it should be taken into account the size of the bathroom room, as well as the type of connection to the heated towel rail system.
- If it was decided to use a diagonal or lateral version, the feed will be carried out on top. It should be borne in mind that the diameter of the pipe must have the same size as the nodes. This technique is based on the so-called natural circulation. With the slightest narrowing system will work unstable and sooner or later, simply fails.
- If the bottom connection was selected, forced circulation will be used here. Thanks to this mechanism, the hot liquid is distributed on the riser as uniform. By the way, in this case it is impossible to do without the crane of Maevsky. It is he who needs to eliminate air traffic jams.
- Applying a roulette, measure the required length of all components of parts, after which we apply the necessary labels using a marker. After that, cut the pipe to the necessary parts with the help of a grinder. Then we carry out stripping and polishing the workpiece using felt and grinding circles.
- Tans are welded to the edges. After that you need to connect the details one on the other by the scheme. Moreover, the connection must be as strong as possible. The seams should be ground in such a way that the welding scars do not drank over the rest of the structural elements.
- In the tightness of the design, you can make sure with air and water. After that you need to install the mount. Also check the length of the free elements and, if necessary, cut them.
- Once again you need to polish the seams and make sure that all connections are made qualitatively.
After the design was collected, it’s time to connect it to the wall. This process is carried out according to the following algorithm.
- First overlap the water supply. We produce dismantling of old device. If it is attached using a threaded type connection, then unscrewing and removing. And if the pipe and heated towel rail is a single design, it will be necessary to cut it with a grinder.
- Now you need to install ball valves and bypass. This makes it possible not to overlap water if the repair is required.
- Maevsky crane is installed in the jumper itself so that if necessary, it was possible to remove excess air.
- In places of fastening the design, we apply marking for future holes on the wall with a pencil. Check that everything is accommodated exactly horizontally. For this you can use the construction level.
- We do holes and install the plastic dowels in them.
- Making a heated towel rail, align it. Now the pipe is installed and its fixing with a screwdriver. The distance from the pipe axis to the wall surface should vary in the range of 35-50 millimeters, depending on the section and diameter used to create a heated towel rail.
On this process of installation of the device and fixing it to the wall can be considered completed.
Methods of connection
Now let’s talk about how to connect such a fixture to the plumbing system. This process is performed as follows.
- When installing drying, you can use fittings, both straight and angular. The binding of threaded compounds is carried out with a linen winding. If the thread is conical, then it will be better to apply Fuma Tape.
- When installing the entire design, you need to monitor the required slope of the lining pipeline in the direction of water flow. Usually it is about 5-10 millimeters.
- Water on the device must go from top to bottom. For this reason, it should be the main submission to the upper crop.
- Nuts should be twisted through the fabric so that there were no scratches on the surface. Also be sure to apply rubber pads. When tightening fasteners, it is necessary to ensure that they are not pulled, and the thread was not damaged.
- At the final stage, you should make sure that everything managed to solder correctly, and check the heated towel on hermetic.
On this installation process will be completed. It is important that in order to avoid the hydraulic man should be filled with water gradually.
Also, after filling with water, you need to thoroughly inspect and feel all the compounds and seams on the leakage.
Review of the polypropylene heated towel rail in the video below.