People stretch to comfort: they make renovations in the apartments, they will be seen in the city and build there at home, share the bathrooms and put shower cabins in the bathroom and toilet toilet. The article will consider the question of which means the toilet to the oblique release, and what is its design.
There are two types of toilet bowls, whose bowls have different directions of the exhaust pipe: in one of them it is directed vertically, in the other – horizontally. Among the horizontal there are also differences – toilet bowls with direct and oblique releases. The latter is sometimes called the corner release. In some sources, direct and angular options are simply attributed to various types of toilet.
In Russia and the countries that were previously in the USSR, the most common in the design of the sewer connection are toilet bowls with a horizontal release. And especially with the corner (oblique) of its option. This circumstance is explained by the standard location of sewage pipes in the Soviet city building site. Currently, little has changed, multi-storey houses are built on the same principle. In the toilet rooms of apartments, put the toilet with a vertically directed exhaust pipe simply impossible.
Kosya issue means that the end of the outlet connecting through the knee with the sewage tap is carried out under the inclination of 30 degrees relative to the floor.
Such a constructive solution has a great advantage over the toilet with other options for the release of content in the sewer.
Now in stores a lot of toilet bowls of different types, design, colors and even a set of functionality – elite heated bathrooms, both in a car, retractable bidet and even hairdryer. In domestic plumbing stores, for obvious reasons, most of the toilet bowls are with an angular output of the release system.
The fact is that the toilets differ not only by the appearance of the bowl, but also the inner device. And this is a more important point that is crucial when choosing a toilet for his home.
In the design of bowls, the toilets are divided into the following types.
- Tarls with a solid shelf – already extending the past type of toilet bowls, but still occurring on sale. The shelf (or plate) is the very element that contains substances of livelihoods, designed to follow the sewage to the sewer;
- Visrats with a solid shelf or a bias – the most common type that has undeniable advantages in its design. Has a shelf located under a slope of 30-45 degrees to the front or rear wall of the bowl, or a trump card specifically arranged in the bowl;
- Voronko-shaped – also spread, but a little different: this type is more popular for installation in public places, rather than in apartments.
It is worth only to look inside the bowl, and the type of its device immediately becomes clear. To deal with how the outlet – direct, oblique or vertical – the toilet is needed for an apartment or a house, it is not difficult even where it has never been, but there are sewage pipes. Everyone is aware of the practice of modern construction of apartments for “black” and “gray” keys.
By the way the slurry of the sewage pipe is arranged, on which the adapter connects, connecting the outlet of the release and sewage, is concluded about the design of the future toilet.
It is also useful to know about the nature of the flow of flow while draining water from the tank in the bowl. There are the following methods for washing the contents in the bowl and cleaning it:
- Cascading, in which water on the pipe is in one stream is washes a bowl;
- circular when the drain water is washes the bowl through several holes located in a circle under the rim of the bowl; In modern models, the jet of water from the holes are directed down at an angle in order to cover the larger area of flush.
And one more feature, which is important to select and install the toilet, is an option to connect a drain tank to a water supply network. There are tanks with lower water supply, in which the tap hose is connected to the tank inlets below, and the side tanks with a side supply (the inlet on the side of one of the sides of the tank, closer to the lid).
Pros and cons
The device for the bathroom with oblique release has its pros and cons. But positive qualities prevail, which is confirmed by good demand precisely on these models. The advantages of the product are reduced to several points.
- The main advantage of such a design is the absence of a strictly fixed state of the toilet in relation to the sewage pipe, which are not known for the product with direct or vertical release. The location of the sewage to the toilet bowl with an angular release at an angle of 0-35 degrees is allowed. This circumstance gave reason to call such a universal design.
- Thanks to the oblique release of the toilet, it is much facilitated by its installation to sewage. Any small inaccuracies in the location of the sewage termination are easily compensated.
- This bowl is rarely clogged, because in the device of its release there are no sharp turns at right angles – only smooth at an angle of 45 degrees. Inclined design does not create a passing mass of large resistance.
Large “minus” of such products – noise when washed. In the combined premises of the toilet and the bathroom, they occupy a significant area.
And if you use the suspended bowls having hidden drain tanks, or with attachment models, then other inconveniences associated with repair or replacement of toilet bowls occur.
Among the bowls with the design of the internal device, it is allocated, of course, a visor-type model:
- clean waste is rarely required additional manipulations on the cleaning of the bowl (for example, the rod);
- The presence of a visor and the low level of “duty” water in the hydraulicum prevent its spraying with the subsequent hit of water particles and sewage on the skin of the sitting person;
- Thanks to the watercover, the inside of the room does not fall unpleasant odors and gases from the sewage.
Compared to the funk-shaped counter, the visor toilet has a “minus” – a great water consumption for washing. But partially the question is solved by installing the two-mode buttons of the flush (with the corresponding device for this to the tank).
Engineers bowl with a funnel-shaped inner form try to eliminate splashes in their models. They are looking for the ideal placement of the output channel in the bowl and the nominal water level in it, in which splashing should not be. This system was called “ANTIVNESK”.
The most popular and revered material manufacturing material is porcelain. For people looking for a more fiscal option, faience products are manufactured. For public toilets, stainless steel and plastic devices are suitable.
But dear bowls and relying devices can pour out an artificial marble or cut out of natural stone, and also make a glass.
The most hygienic and durable (with careful terms) is considered a porcelain product. Faience is considered an analogue of porcelain, but heavily inferior to him in strength, service life and resistance to detergents. Its only “plus” – low price.
Popular models and brands
Comparing manufacturers of plumbers, among domestic, you can highlight the best of them:
- Santek – It is the leader of the Russian plumbing producing universal products at affordable prices. It is regularly at high ranking on quality and cost of products;
- Sanita – also one of the leaders. Products of this manufacturer exclusively from porcelain, which is not inferior to materials of leading Western toilet suppliers. Unfortunately, the bowls of this company do not have Anten Spex (special shelf on the basis of the bowl). But the price policy of the enterprise enjoys the greatest popularity;
- Santeri – This manufacturer at the expense of designer ideas and high technologies creates a competitive plumber using good demand from the domestic buyer.
All enterprises use overseas technology lines.
Among the imported manufacturers of plumbers with good reviews about affordable and quality, such firms can be called:
- Gustavsberg – Swedish concern supplies convenient plumbing equipment for apartments, including disabled people;
- Jika – Czech company, which has production capacity not only in his homeland, but also in Russia, which puts her toilets into a number of inexpensive, but high-quality products. One of the demanded products are toilet bowls type compact Jika Vega with a funnel-shaped bowl and a two-mode wash;
- Roca – Spanish brand production of plumbing: distinguished by collections for small rooms and electron control toileties; attracts and diverse style products.
Among the manufacturers of luxury products, the most famous is the trademark Am. PM (United Kingdom, Italy, Germany).
For cottages, offices or apartments with a small family budget inexpensive modeling models are Katun and Tom products of the Novokuznetsk plant “Universal”. They have porcelain funnel bowls, oblique descent and tanks with a lower or side lining.
Tips for mounting
A distinctive feature of toilet bowls with oblique release is that the installation does not require special plumbing skills. For the case of replacement of old toilet bowls such:
- Measure the base level on the horizontal platform and correct the irregularities that can lead to loosening and the appearance of cracks in the bowl;
- If the base is not sufficiently dense or contaminated, it is better to remove it and pour a new one;
- Fastening the bowl to the floor is better to mount on the screws – it will be more convenient to work with the installation of the bowl;
- The final tightening of the fastener should be made after the installation of the bowl with the addition of the release into the sewer.
All tank devices are sold already assembled, it remains only to insert them into the desired places according to the drawing and manufacturer’s instructions.
The main task is to connect the exhaust pipe to the sewage termination. This makes one of the three options:
- directly into the slurry (ideal option when replacing the unitage toilets);
- with the help of corrugated plumbing sleeves;
- using an eccentric cuff.
The main thing for any method is to reliably seal the joints with sealing rings and sealant. And after the end of work, give time to dry the sealing composition.
How to choose a toilet bowl and what better, look in the following video.