In a modern apartment, it is difficult to do without a shower cabin, which successfully replaced outdated baths, and its diversity of design species attracts an increasing number of buyers. At the same time, it takes a much less space, more beautifully fits into the design of the bathroom and has much more functions. One of the most important elements is the choice of accessories for shower cabins, which will ensure safety, durability and reliability of use.
Types of glass for shower cabins
Separately, it is necessary to stay on choosing glass for shower cabins, which is used in several variants differing from both the design and degree of safety when used.
The following options are most often applied:
- Normal glass – when hitting, scattered into fragments;
- Mollarmed – more durable glass, which is obtained by special temperature processing (with the attachment of the necessary form);
- Flowi-plated – with special processing of the edge of glass, which makes it smooth and protects against cuts;
- Matte – it turns out by sandblasting, possibly with the performance of all kinds of patterns;
- Stained glass – manufactured by gluing various parts of glass of different colors;
- Triplex – special glass of several layers, sustainable shocks.
The main types of fittings and the rules of its choice
Currently, shower cabins are made of plastic, polycarbonate and glass. Plastic – cheaper material, but with long-term operation in conditions of sudden drops of temperature and humidity loses its appearance. Made from glass cabin have a greater value, but also much more durability, resistance to temperature differences and reliability. Choosing accessories for cabins made of glass, should be particularly attentive and take into account that the glass is fragile, when hit or deformation, it is destroyed, which can be dangerous to humans.
Therefore, all elements of accessories should not allow sharp blows and vibrations of glass products that are used in the shower.
Standard accessories set for shower cabins includes several main elements.
- Rollers. Used in Cab options with sliding doors. When moving the guides do not have a side backlash that allows vibration, as well as to have a soft and even move back and forth.
- Seals. Used to impart tightness and prevent water leakage outside the shower cabin. Installed between doors, panels, bathroom walls and shower panels. At the same time, they should fit tightly to the products connected, not to lose their properties when changing the temperature regime and humidity indicators, otherwise water will inevitably flow out of the shower cabin.
- Door hinges. Used to provide door opening. In this case, the loops should hold enough to hold the glass door, not allowing it cracking. It is also necessary to take into account the fact that glass doors, in contrast to plastic, have a much greater weight, which necessarily affects the load of the door loops.
- Handles for opening and closing doors. Have a lot of versions. One of the most common is a model combined with a lock for locking the shower doors.
- Castle for door. Used to fix the doors and prevent their opening. It is applied separately, if not combined with the door opening handle. In addition, instead of locks are often used magnetic closures.
- Injectors – Additional watering cans of various shapes. Used in hydromassage modes, are installed on the side surface of the cabin on special platforms. Often it is possible to change the direction of leakage of water jet to various sides.
In addition, fastenings for mirrors are used in shower cabins, which, as a rule, are installed on the walls.
They must ensure reliable mirror mount in conditions of temperature and high humidity.
Materials for fittings
The most important requirement when choosing accessories is its resistance to temperature changes and the possibility of working in conditions of high humidity. That is why the basic preference in choosing accessories should be given to brass, aluminum, plastic variants, as well as products made of stainless steel.
Choosing the material from which the shower sealant is made, it is necessary to consider that materials used for its manufacture (rubber, PVC, silicone, thermoelastoplast) have various advantages and also some flaws. For example, rubber seals have low cost, but at the same time low resistance to mechanical abrasion.
Sealing PVC profile has significantly higher abrasion and not prone deformation when exposed to temperature. Silicone products are resistant to different temperatures, do not crack and are not deformed, perfectly adjacent to the design elements. Magnetic seals are also made from silicone (silicone seals with inserts from magnets), which provide tightness between closed cabin doors. The thermoelastoplast combines the dignity of rubber, silicone, PVC, but it has a high cost.
Review of fittings for shower cabins from glass See next video.