The washing machine is one of the most popular and desired technical devices. Any hostess will say that this technique allows you to significantly save time and save the delicate skin of female hands from the destructive effects of hot water and washing powder, as with washing manually.
One of the most famous brands that wash washing machines is whirlpool company. Brand products won sympathy of housewives around the world due to the simplicity of management and operation, reliability and practicality. But any technique can break. We will try to figure out what problems are, and how to eliminate them yourself on our own hands.
Features of the designs of WHIRLPOOL washing machines
Constructively, whirlpool washing machines are not too different from similar equipment, which is produced by other well-known brands. The manufacturer from the United States in the range of washing machines of two types:
- with front loading;
- With vertical loading.
Thanks to this, the user appears the opportunity to find a convenient solution that will satisfy its needs. To understand some technical features of a particular model, as a rule, it seems possible only if there are drawings, and that – only in the context of the location of those or other elements or parts inside the device.
There are no serious differences between the specified types of machines – they can be except in the technology of linen.
Causes of breakdowns
It must be said that the Whirlpool washing machine can notice any problems can notify its owner by highlighting a specific code on the display. There are some major problems that sometimes arise for various reasons. Let’s try to figure out what kind of phenomena, and what they can be caused.
- Water leaks. Usually the reason for this is to accumulate in the dirty liquid cuff. If you do not delete it, then over time the cuff is thinning and rushes either. It is necessary to carefully pull the central part and inspect its condition. If required, the item should be replaced.
- The device does not heat water. Here we are dealing with the malfunction of the Tan or the thermistor. To find out how they work, you need to measure the resistance of the contacts of the specified elements using the multimeter.
- Problems with the control panel. It is that the program selection selector handle does not work, or is not normally displayed on the display. This problem may be related to the control fee or indicate that the microcontroller is faulty. Usually this problem is not possible to eliminate possible – you need to contact the service center.
- The device does not drain water. This may be a consequence of a blockage of a plum nozzle, a hose, a drain filter, or failed the drain electric pump. Usually the problem is solved by testing and cleaning the specified elements or their replacement.
- Noise in the typewriter. Usually appears due to some objects in the drum, as well as if you need to replace the gland or bearing, because the parts are often mentioned, as a shock absorber. Here it is necessary to disassemble the device fully and dismantle the drum.
- Spontaneous opening of sash, as well as corrosion of the upper cover. These malfunctions are characteristic of brand models with vertical loading. In this case, you can change the lid and the necessary items at home.
Naturally, this is not all breakdowns that can be about what will be said in detail below.
Speaking about the diagnosis of problems with WHIRLPOOL washing machines, let’s say that most of these or other problems may have several reasons for occurrence, and if you know about it, it is in principle to find the cause and independently. True, there are problems that it is extremely difficult to identify.
For the most part we are talking About problems with control board and microcontroller. In this case, you will have to contact the specialists of the service center due to their special devices that can quickly check the performance of these items and their serviceability.
Required tools and spare parts
Here everything will depend on what problem the user has encountered. That is, in which case may require a cross or a belt, and when – brushes and beam flanges. In general, everything is individually.
If we talk exactly about the necessary tools, then in any case you will need to have at hand:
- flat head screwdriver;
- Cross screwdriver.
If you have to work with electrical elements, then you must have a multimeter at hand and something for cleaning the contacts. But this short list is quite sufficient. In some serious cases, it is better to trust the repair of the device by a service center.
Disassembly of the case
We will try to understand how to disassemble the WHIRLPOOL Case. Consider the algorithm of action.
- First, dismantling the top cover of the device. It is kept in a standard position a few bolts located at the top of the rear panel. When they are unscrewed, you must press the cover from the front and lift it.
- Now you need to remove the powder tray. There is a special plastic key, which is usually located in the center of the tray. Click on it and pull to yourself, after which the element should exit grooves.
- Remove the control panel. It is fixed on a pair of bolts. The first is located right below the powder tray, and the second – on the other side of the panel. Unscrew the bolts. Now it is required to carefully dismantle it and put up, because it is still attached to other elements cables. They are required carefully disconnect.
- We dismantle the service panel. It is not necessary to unscrew anything. It is enough just to click on 2 latches, which are located with sides, and on the third, located in the middle.
- The next stage – dismantling the front wall. It is necessary to remove the clamp from rubber, which is on the hatch download. He holds out a small spring, which should be closed. Now the cuff can be removed in a circle using Passatias and screwdrivers. Then you need to find all the locks that hold the front panel. Besides them, there are special hooks here, and to dismantle them, the panel should be carefully lifted.
- It remains to pull the back. This is done very simply – you need to unscrew the fixation bolts, which are located around the perimeter of the device.
Typical malfunctions and ways to eliminate them
Before repair, the technique should be prepared, namely: disconnect from the power supply, and block the water supply valve.
The first and most common problem is the device failure to merge water after washing. The reasons for this usually three:
- zoom of a plum or filter pipe;
- Malfunction of the pump;
- Casting in sewerage or hose.
First you need to unscrew the filter. It is located in a small compartment under hatch download. Open the door, we substitute the basin, move the movement counterclockwise by the filter stopper. We wait until water is fused that remained inside the device. We remove trash from the filter grid and inspect the pomp impeller. If it is blocked, it should be cleaned from garbage.
Check hose. If she is clogged with garbage, I can read it. If everything was done, but the plum did not better, then you should pay attention to the pump and the pipe. For this We put the hull of the side of the side of the side, after which we pull the powder dispenser and we split the clamp.
It should be dismantled, clean from blockage and rinse with warm water. Now it followsCheck the pump – If it is faulty, it is replaced. To do this, disconnect the wiring from pumping contacts and unscrew the bolts that hold the pump.
Another common problem – the car does not heat the water. The special element is responsible for heating – Ten. Often it is formed a scale that it becomes the cause of his breakdown. To check or replace this item, such actions should be made:
- Remove the top cover by unscrewing the screws at the rear;
- Remove the back cover, twisting the bolts that they hold it;
- Turn off the wiring, pull out the thermistor from the heating case;
- Check the health of the heater;
- If it is broken, we unscrew the nut, located in the center, after which we press the bolt inside;
- take out the old heater, clean its nest from scale and garbage;
- Install a new TEN.
Another typical problem is that the spin does not work. The reason for this can be either faulty motor brushes, or problems with drive belt. In the collector-type engines, the current on the rotor goes through brushes located on the sides of the case. Rods brushes are quite soft, and their wear is very fast, which is the cause of stopping work. To check their status, you need to perform such actions:
- We remove the rear wall of the machine;
- Remove the drive belt, which should be viewed – if they are stretched and worn, it should be replaced;
- If the primary replacement of the brushes is performed, the engine will be better to get from the housing;
- unscrew the bolts, disconnect the wiring;
- Now it is necessary to turn off the brush terminals, then pull the brushes from the case;
- If there is a strong wear, then you should replace the brushes, after which the wiring is connected.
By the way, the reason for problems with the spinning may be bearing wear.
It happens that the WarlPool washing machine is simply not turned on. The reason for this can be the problem with the control board. For repair, knowledge will require knowledge of electronics, as well as control board schemes. But this work is better to entrust the specialist. And the inspection requires the following steps:
- remove the top cover;
- get a powder tray;
- unscrew the screws located around the perimeter of the control unit;
- disable wiring;
- dismantle the upper defense, unbuttoning the latch.
If there are oxidation and burnt places on the surface of the board, it means its malfunction.
It still happens that the device for some reason does not gain water, although water is present in the crane. The reasons for this can be only two:
- Fault Valve Bay;
- Touching the filter of the filling hose.
The filter can be cleaned if desired, although it is usually simply changed. The same applies to the bay valve.
Quite often occurs the problem of corrosion of the case, which may cause leakage. Immediately, let’s say that damaged panels should be replaced, and the coloring of the situation will not solve.
One of the reasons for leaks can be damage to the hatch cuffs, because the rubber is very sensitive to long-term moisture clusters. If you do not wipe it on time, then the cuff will wear out, crack and as a result will give. And then only its full replacement can help. To produce it, you need to bend the seal, after which it hurts a screwdriver clamp and remove it. Now you need to fill the rubber inside the drum.
To remove the inner clamp, you should disassemble the front panel or weakening the screw of the clamp through the top cover. Now you can carefully remove the rubber. New installation will be made in reverse sequence.
The first important advice that will maximize repairs as such – the most carefully take care of the WHIRLPOOL washing machine during operation. The same rubber sealer must be wiping dry after each washing, so that it does not wear faster than.
The mechanical details of the washing machine require at least periodically to lubricate to ensure their high-quality and reliable operation for a long period. In addition, when conducting any repair work, it should not only have a scheme of a specific model of the manufacturer under hand, but also clearly understand what exactly you do and for what. Without the presence of the drawings of the available WHIRLPOOL, there is a high probability that the repair can be made incorrectly or produced with violations, which will only aggravate breakdown.
If desired, it will be possible to communicate with a specialist of a service center located near your home.
About repair washing machine See more.