- Causes of breakdowns
- The device does not turn on
- Does not twist the drum
- Availability of extraneous sounds while working
- Slow water intake in the tank
- Water does not merge
- Water leak is observed
- Preparation and selection of spare parts
- Troubleshooting the main nodes of the machine
- Control block
- Wires and Terminals
- Drain pump
- Bay valve
- Useful recommendations
Washing machines LG – These are reliable aggregates that are always in demand. However, anything does not happen anything, and any technique can break. In this regard, many users are interested in how to determine the cause of the breakdown and how to repair do it yourself.
Causes of breakdowns
LG washing machines are Products of the South Korean brand, which won wide popularity among users. Buyers appreciate the reliability and functionality of devices, due to which the technique works without failures and breakdowns for a long time. However, automata is a complex technical device in which there are many nodes and parts that In the absence of proper care and improper operation, may fail.
In order to prevent irreversible consequences in a timely manner, you should know the main causes of breakdowns and their symptoms.
The device does not turn on
If the machine does not start working after inclusion in the outlet, there is no light indication, a musical greeting, it can talk about several reasons. Some of them can be eliminated by their own hands, while others will be able to solve only a professional master in the service center. The reasons for such a breakdown can be the following.
- No power supply. This is the most common cause. Sometimes there may be a vehicle or a circuit, a defective socket, a power filter, a network wire malfunction.
- Problems in the power button. It must receive a signal after the power supply is connected to the power supply. You can check the button with a tester that is in the status of the buzzer. At this point, the machine must be disabled from the network. Working status Details confirmed by a multimeter.
- Problems with inclusion may be observed due to the fact that the interference filter is faulty. It is aimed at quenching the waves of electromagnetic type, which proceed from the aggregate. Electromagnetic impulse forms interference to functioning other units. When such a filter fails, he is not able to skip the current current, so the machine ceases to turn on. You can diagnose the problem with a multimeter translon.
Does not twist the drum
If such a phenomenon is observed, you should turn off the unit, drain the water and open the door, trying to twist the drum yourself. If it does not work out, this suggests that it is jammed. This affects several reasons.
- Opening the door that engages for the details. Perhaps only in vertical loading machines.
- Snapping drive belt. In this case, the replacement is made with the bearing.
- Bearing failure, on the performance of which affects the gland. He begins to pass water.
- Presence of a foreign object between drum and tank. It does not allow the drum to spin.
If the drum is obtained by hand, but with the help of a motor, the rotation is not carried out, the reasons may be in the following.
- Faulty control module. Restore performance can be restored by zeroing the program. Sometimes it may be necessary to repair fees or replacement parts.
- Drive belt, which failed. He could break or just loosen.
- Motor brushes, which failed. Motor may suffer from voltage drops or leakage fluid.
- Faulty Dange or Hall sensor.
Availability of extraneous sounds while working
Often, users complain that during operation, the machine makes extraneous sounds, creaks, cracks and other noises. Causes may hide in the following.
- If there is a vibration with a roiler, then bearings were worn out. They have an influence of the gland, which is responsible for tightness. Since the seal loses elasticity, water begins to enter bearings, which leads to a corrosion process. It is recommended to immediately replace the bearing with the gland.
- If there is a crack and whistle, it symbolizes that the pulley is weakly attached to the drum. You will need to unscrew the bolts and re-install the item, without forgetting about the sealants. Such a decision will avoid weakening a second time. If the pulley deformation occurred, it is replaced.
- Foreign noises with violines can be distributed due to the fact that there are some foreign objects between the drum and tank. They should be removed through the hatch of the Tan. TEN itself needs to pull out in advance.
- The presence of the screen shows on a shock absorber or problems with springs that fix the tank. May be damaged by the fastening of the spring or the fixation bolt. You can observe the displacement or the tilt of the drum, because of which it begins to knock. In any of the situations, it will be necessary to disassemble the washing machine and replace faulty components.
- If the machine during operation begins to jump, it can symbolize that the tank counterweight is collapsed or weakened. It will takes a study of each fixation node and pull up each weakened place. If there is a destroyed counterweight, it needs to be changed.
- You should also check the legs on which the machine is worth. They should be located on a strict horizontal surface. Another reason for the screen can be hidden in unretended transport bolts.
Slow water intake in the tank
This may be associated with several situations:
- insufficient pressure level in the plumbing system;
- Condition of valve and water hose.
If these indicators are normal, you should check the following points.
- Inlet valve zoom.
- Clogging auxiliary filter. It is mounted in front of the bulk hose, so high-quality cleaning should be carried out with sufficient water pressure.
- The door is closely closed Or is there a malfunction in the locking of the hatch.
- Incorrect operation of water supply valve. This may be caused by the fault of the coil, weakening rod spring, insufficient cuff elasticity.
- Managing module is faulty. Refrigeration or replacement.
Water does not merge
If the correct washing mode is installed, you need to check the drain hose, siphon, filter, nozzle. Also, the reason can fade in broken pump. In this case, it will work much quieter, if compared with the usual regime.
Water leak is observed
This is a serious malfunction to which you should take seriously.
The main causes of leakage such.
- If flowing is near the filter, it speaks of its poor twisting, state of the sealing ring or thread.
- If proceeds in the front of the unit, you should pay attention to a loosely closed door, damage to the sealing cuff.
- If fluids leaks during draining, the drain hoses check is required.
- Inner pipe, depressurization of the connecting components, the fault of the drain pump is manifested in the water leakage in the central part or closer to the front.
- Leakage near the back symbolizes that the bearing, gland.
- When the water supply indicates a powder tray.
LG washing machines do not particularly differ among themselves, so Each user can check the status of its aggregate using the instruction described below. First you need to diagnose. Immediately proceed to replacing parts, without making sure that the point is really in them – a bad idea. It is possible to understand what the component has failed using special signs.
Modern machines can signal the faults using codes that are displayed on the display, or the light indicators of the device.
Let’s give the value of the basic error codes.
- FE. Reports that the machine cannot merge the used water after a certain period. The reason may be hidden in the problems of the electrical controller or in improper operation of the drain pump.
- IE is a common error that occurs if the water level sensor is defective. This leads to the fact that the amount of water in the tank will be distorted, and the machine will not be able to type the correct fluid level. Also, the reason can be in the filler valve, insufficient water pressure in the plumbing system. If the water supply is not performed at all, in addition to the code, the user can hear the audio alert.
- OE. During her, the tank will be unnecessary than liquid. Need to check the condition of the pump and the electric controller.
- PE. There is a deviation from the norm of the fluid that enters the tank. Looking for a reason in the press service or a strong / weak pressure in the plumbing system. In some cases, a set of extra liquid may be associated with a closure in the mains.
- DE. This suggests that the door is loosely closed. Sometimes the reason can be banal and conclusted in stuck linen, which prevents the door to close the door. In some cases, pay attention to the hatch sensor. Or on the castle itself, the hatch handle fault.
- TE. Error that shows the presence of problems with sensors. When such a code appears, the unit will not heat the water to the desired value or, on the contrary, it will start overheating it. Check the thermal catcher. You can also encounter a situation where the heating of the fluid is generally absent. In this case, attention should be paid to the state of the heating component.
- SE. Engine is faulty. Such code may appear only at the washing machine with direct drive. If the reason lies only in the sensor, the motor will still be in a blocked state until the broken component occurs.
- EE. This is a service code that lights up during the first turning on the washing machine.
- CE. Error shows that the tank is overloaded. The typewriter is a fuse that controls the weight of the linen. When the mass of loaded things is exceeded, the drum is blocked due to the signal from the sensor. Eliminate the problem with the help of tank unloading.
- AE. Washing machine operated incorrectly. With this code, there are constant automatic shutdowns.
- E1. This error indicates the presence of leakage.
- Cl. This is a blocking code that protects the machine from children’s press buttons. You can remove the blocking using a special combination of buttons. You can find the combination by reading the user manual.
Preparation and selection of spare parts
To properly choose components for your washing machine, you need to know the device model along with the serial and product number. You can get acquainted with the necessary data using stickers. On the units of the LG brand, this information is located under the booty hatch. It is also recommended to take an old part with you to the store so that the seller can accurately find the desired option.
Troubleshooting the main nodes of the machine
Repair of the Washing Machine LG can be made with your own hands, if you have the necessary knowledge for this.
It is possible to repair this detail of the house only to those users who are familiar with the electronic circuit functional. Otherwise you can break the item finally. Repair is accompanied by the following actions:
- cleansing parts from sealant;
- removal from the compartment;
- The rest of the sealant is removed;
- Now you should start repairing for which you will need to know how the board is arranged and how to restore it;
- After repair, protective varnish is applied.
To repair the heating element, before it will be necessary to get. For this, several bolts are first disassembled, which fix the rear case part of the “Washing”, and then remove the wall itself. Near the very bottom there is a couple of contacts, in the middle of which there is a screw. Several wires are joined to these contacts – they are the heating element.
You will need to check the contacts using a multimeter. If the value on the device screen is less than 20 ohms, this suggests that the TEN is in a faulty state.
If the TEN is defective, it will be necessary to dismantle. To do this, unscrew the screw, which was described earlier, pushing the screwdriver O-ring and pull out the heating element.
Gary spots will be present at the burnt chain. Usually the heating element fails due to scale, voltage drops or contacts. In any case, to repair the item will not work, you will need to replace. To change the TEN, It will takes the purchase of the original part from the manufacturer. After the parts is installed in its place, it is necessary to put a sealing gum.
It should be smeared with machine oil so that it is guaranteed to sat down in its place and did not let.
The item is located under the lid, which in most cases is in the right corner. A small thickness hose with wires is supplied to it. To remove the component, you will need to pull the plug out of the outlet, dismantle the top cover and unscrew the two screws. Then the cover shifts back. The press service itself is fixed with one self-press. You need to remove the terminal, the sensor and turn off the hose. You can check the part with a purge.
If you look at it, you have to click. This suggests that the device is in good condition. Otherwise, you should put a new sensor.
Repair work should be carried out carefully, with a special hammer, the shock part of which bronze, and is also present a small thickness rod. Pull out the component due to blows along the edges. Initially, you need to install a rod on one edge edge and hit, after which you move to the opposite.
Wires and Terminals
A visual inspection is carried out for the presence of torn clamps, no insulation, the presence of burnt plots and melted contacts. It will also be necessary to call the wiring multimeter. All damaged terminals and conductors need to be replaced.
To get to the pump, you need to disassemble the machine. This requires the following actions.
- Machine de-energize.
- Get the dispenser. You should tilt the machine, because the water remains in the dispenser – it can pour.
- Now it follows dismantle the bottom panel of plastic. It is fixed by a pair of screws with latches.
- Since the pump is located in most cases on the right, need to put “washer” on the left side.
- To pump join wires with hoses. Terminals need to be pulled out with their hands and take pictures of them so that the scheme of the correct location was before the eyes when the assembly is required. To remove the hoses, the clamps should be broken.
- Around the filter cork Digging screws out. There are 3 of them.
- Now you can dismantle the pump.
Typically, the filler valve is changed, as it is an inexpensive part. It is located in a place where the filler hose is screwed. In total, there are up to 5 components.
- It is required to remove the terminals from the valves. Before proceeding with the task, you need to check that the machine is de-energized, and the water supply is disabled.
- The inlet valve itself is fixed by self-drawing either holds at the expense of the latch.
- Resistance must be in the range of 2.5-4 com.
If the crossed broke, its repair is expedient only in a situation where the bearings are damaged, which are in the sleeve of the tank cover. In all other cases, replace the spoiled part. To replace the bearings of the Cross, the following actions are needed.
- Dismantling of old bearings from the shaft. Always always they drag.
- Removing old salts with the subsequent production of new.
- Pressing New bearings.
Bearings from crossmen should be removed very delicately. Usually they are very much accustomed to the shaft, so a large amount of effort will be needed for removal, but to beat the hammer in the detail strictly forbidden. If you beat the hammer over bearings, there is a big risk to spoil the shaft, which is made of soft-type metal. Need to work with a grinder or bormer. With it, it creates cuts from both sides of the bearing, after which the chisel is installed in the groove, and the part is knocked down from the shaft.
Old glands even dismantle. Leave them strictly prohibited, regardless of the state of the component. If the new bearing is tightly sits in the sleeve, you can resort to heating using a soldering lamp with a subsequent neat pressing.
The Cross itself is attached to the outer wall of the drum using 6 bolts. In some models there are only 3 clamps. To remove the item, you will need to unscrew these bolts and install a new part. There are models in which the cross is welded to the drum. In this case it is possible only to replace with the drum.
Also, the owner of the Washing machine LG may face the fact that the machine beats the current. If the grounding is properly, you should check the condition of the wires – they must be isolated. To correct such an error, the scheme does not need, as there will be enough visual inspection of the wiring.
Sometimes users faced with the weft attenuation of the door. In order to solve such a problem, a cruciform medium-sized screwdriver will be required. With it, you should dismantle the door. Removal is made on the fully opened sash. To adjust the door, not so much action.
- Two screws that are located near the loop.
- Then you can half close the sash.
- Now the door is attracted by yourself and slightly upstairs. With this reception, it is removed.
- We need to see visually loops: they are located small components from plastic, which are externally similar to the coils. Them should be checked for scuffs. This is usually the main reason, due to which the backlash is formed.
Not in every store you can find felling parts, so Folk craftsmen adapted to Fuma Ribe. To replace the fum-ribbon bushings, you need to take the ribbon itself, winding it onto a middle layer loop and return the door to the place.
Immediately screw it does not need to be pre-tested the work of the hatch. If the gap remains, the fum-tape is added yet.
In order for the machine to serve a long time, you should diagnose in a timely manner, listen to the sounds that make up the machine during operation, as well as observe the weight standards of the loading linen. You can not ignore the signals that come from the device, since a timely solved problem will cost not so much, if you compare with the effects of neglect of the signal.
If the user does not know how to repair “Washing” or not confident in his abilities, you should contact the service where professional masters will be repaired.
Further watch video with LG washing machine repair features.