Plumbing manufacturers take into account modern trends towards minimalism and simplicity. Focusing on the preferences of buyers, they offer a wide selection of narrow shells for small areas of bathrooms. Such interior solutions can be relevant both in old small-sized “Khrushchev” and in modern apartments studios. The issue of saving space and the harmonious location of the interior items is no less relevant for owners of country houses.
In small-sized, as well as combined bathrooms, narrow sink is an excellent solution.
Such plumbing models have a number of benefits.
- Compactity. Miniature dimensions (up to 35 cm in width) allow you to install the sink in the bathroom and even in the toilet, without clinging the space. Little willed shells free the passage to any point of the room, organically fit into the overall interior.
- Convenience. Installing a small washbasin will allow you to wash your hands where it really needs.
- Saving. Thanks to compact sizes, narrow shells are distinguished by a favorable price.
- Practicality. Narrow rectangular sinks, as a rule, are included with the tabletop that can be used to align the necessary hygiene items.
- Simplicity. Narrow mounted shells allow you to hide all water supply communications, creating the effect of steaming and ease.
The modern market of sanitary furniture is represented by many models for the most unexpected interior solutions. Compact corner shells curb space space, expanding wall borders.
Models of shells with a table allow you to hide all women’s accessories and household chemicals, freeing the space from small things clinging.
Small models have their drawbacks, the main of which is limited functionality. Often, your hands have the most careful as possible, so as not to fill the floor under the sink. Many hinged models do not allow to hide water communications, which looks not quite aesthetic. Kitchen narrow shells are also less practical in operation: large dishes are placed in the bowl, water falls on the worktop.
Types and mounting
Purchasing small narrow sinks, you should know several rules for their installation. First of all, it is necessary to decide on the form and dimensions. It is noteworthy that the dimensions of narrow washbasins are represented by a wide range, due to which each buyer will find exactly what he needs. There are several types of shell mounting depending on the models.
- Built-in shells. Such models are equipped with various types of countertops (marble, wooden) or MDF cabinets, chipboard. Such structures hide all non-obvious communications, and also allow you to organize an additional zone of storage of household chemicals, hygiene and cosmetics. However, such models have their own minuses – this is a relatively large area of the space occupied.
- Shells with a pedestal (tulip). Thanks to the special support design, the bowl itself is fastened more reliably, the communications are hidden, and the pedestal does not laugh the space indoors. It looks like this design fairly easily and naturally, despite its strength. But one disadvantage arises – where to put small items.
- Console type shells. Similar model bowls are attached to Special Brackets – Consoles. The advantages of this type of installation are variations are different styles, a large dimension range, ease of installation work. Among the disadvantages – this is the openness of plumbing communications.
To facilitate cleaning in the bathroom, it is advisable to use suspension models. Before proceeding with the installation work, you need to check the walls on the ability to withstand the load of varying degrees.
If everything is fine, you can proceed to the installation of a product that includes certain steps.
- It should be applied to the desired height so that it is comfortable to use it, after which it is pre-marking;
- When the walls of the bathroom are lined with decorative tiles, it is worth paying attention to the location of the seams. The design of the washbasin will look more aesthetic if it is located in symmetry with tiled masonry. When applying marking, it is necessary to use the level;
- Then the openings of the desired depth in places of markup are performed. In order to enhance the strength of the design, it is recommended to add a little glue into the holes. This method will allow you to more reliably install the dowels. You can deepen dowels with a hammer, and then turn the screws;
- Making sure that the reference structure is reliably mounted, you can sit down the sink itself;
- The washers are delayed very carefully (if you move – the product can give a crack) to the point when the design firmly sees into its place;
- At the final stage of installation work, it is necessary to wear special plastic plugs to decorate the fasteners.
In the salons and online stores you can find a large variety of forms and materials of shells. The very tiny sink with a depth of 20 cm will be relevant to the toilet. Also in the bathroom it is more advantageous to use a long narrow sink, and in the toilet – angular. There are small kitchen models with a depth of up to 30 cm, made of stone.
When choosing a suitable model, special attention should be paid to the material from which the sink is made.
- Ceramic (faience) Shells are most popular for bathrooms. The advantages of this material are attractive price and ease of care. However, Fayans is a porous material, so the pollution and darkening of the enamel occur too often, forcing the hostess to clean up with sufficient regularity.
- One of the types of ceramics is porcelain. He looks luxurious. By itself, this material is quite durable, but such characteristics make it expensive in comparison with other materials.
- Stainless steel sinks Different durability and long service life in comparison with ceramic models. Among the advantages can also be denoted aesthetic appearance. But these models have and drawn – stainless steel is very sensitive to abrasive cleaning agents. Over time, scratches can appear on it, and if we use gentle chemistry and soft sponges, then not to avoid visible soap divorces after each operation.
- Stone sinks – it is rather element of luxury, rather than convenience and comfort. Models made of natural and artificial stones are too expensive and require special careful care. Moreover, the stone material has a porous surface, which is quickly settled by difficult dirt.
- Relatively expensive, but reliable are the models of the shells performed From quartz composite. Composite material is represented by a wide color ruler and looks like granite. This will allow the future owner to choose the desired model for any interior solution. There are also special care requirements among disadvantages.
Faced with the problem of limited space in the bathroom, you should not rush to put up with this. Narrow suspended models of Rakovin will allow maximum comfort when operating and cleaning the room. For models with a tabletop, you can pick up a wall mirror, which is designed to visually increase the space.
If the model is equipped with a table with drawers, the question of storing small sanitary accessories and household chemicals will be solved. Another method of visual increase in the area of the bathroom is point lighting.
Luminaires with soft warm daylight allow you to make the room spacious and as cozy as possible.
On how to install the sink with your own hands, see the following video.