The location under the bathroom should be equipped in every home and apartment, good plumbing in the bathroom and the toilet will help to achieve ease of use of these premises. If you have to repair in the shower and replacement of all the content, then you should take care of the right choice of new equipment and its competent installation. If you need to choose a bath, then the most popular, relatively inexpensive and easy-to-install is an acrylic version, which will be the functional decoration of any shower room.
Repair of any room is important, and the bathroom is all the more, because everything is not placed here for a year or two, and at least five or ten years. The most important element of the arrangement will not work with the surfaces of the walls, but the choice of bath and its correct installation. Options for modern fonts A lot of cast iron, steel, stone and acrylic varieties. Each view has its advantages and disadvantages, but the most popular is the acrylic product.
For an acrylic bath, it is important to create the right care conditions so that the surface is dry, Clean and not exposed to abrasive materials or aggressive chemical compositions. Only in this case it will be possible to count on long-term use and preservation of the proper appearance. The advantage of acrylic is that it is very light, but at the same time it is easy to break if the strength of the impact will be higher than the norm. In view of the characteristics of such a product, the process of its installation will be an important stage.
Install the acrylic bathroom in the shower simply simply, because it is easy enough to comfortably work on the installation of the drain and any other manipulation. In view of the brittleness of the product, the need to save the bath to protect the bath, for which the best solution is the construction of a frame. Installation of the font in such a design minimizes the risk of cracks and any other disorders of the external layer. The location under the bathroom in this case is completely robbed or clogged with mineral wool so as not to create a hollow space.
This is just one of several options for how the acrylic installation can be made.
No less popular, but simpler and cheap is considered to be placed space for bathing On the floor through the use of legs that can go complete or drink individually based on the size of the dimensions and weight of the equipment. If this method does not cause proper trust, it can be alternative to mount a bath on a metal frame, which can be ordered under a specific product or weld yourself.
Whatever the option is chosen, the most important thing for a comfortable use of the shower is a quality product and the correct care for it. If you are attentive and not to drop heavy items in the acrylic font, then it will be not worth worrying about that the zone for swimming will always be attractive, and the process itself is as convenient as possible.
Preparation of instruments and materials
The process of installing an acrylic bath with their own hands requires the preparation of a place where the future object will be located, the necessary materials and tools. It is important to create a full-fledged working environment so that in the room nothing bothered, then the procedure will be held at an optimal pace and repair quality will be at the height.
For full work on the installation of acrylic bath, you must have with you:
- The product itself to be installed;
- Materials for a specific fastening type: legs, frame, bricks;
- a hammer;
- silicone sealant;
- adjustable key;
- tape or mounting tape;
- corrugated pipe;
- Brackets, with which the bath mount will be made on the floor or to the wall.
To repair the repair work correctly, it is important to perform everything in a certain order:
- overlapping water supply;
- dismantling the old bath;
- Replacing the old plum;
- cleaning the sewer hole;
- Installing a new corrugation into a sewer nonzero;
- jacket of the junction of corrugations with sewage;
- Floor leveling process for new equipment.
As soon as all work is done, you can start installing a new acrylic product.
It is best to decide in advance exactly what kind of installation will be used to have everything you need with you.
Methods of installation
Installation work on the installation of the bath has always been a complex process in which it is not necessary without professionals. In view of large dimensions and heavy weight, only those who know well with metal capacities could cope with what and how to do. New materials made it possible to create a easier variation of the same subject of plumbing, which made it possible to work independently.
Installing an acrylic bath can be made in several ways, depending on which the necessary design and materials for it are selected.
There are four main options exactly how to make installation, it is:
- use of legs;
- Installation on a metal frame to pre-assemble;
- Making a brick support for which the font is installed;
- Making a brick podium where the product is lowered.
In addition to these options, there are also combinations having their own characteristics. Selecting the correct installation type, it is important to take into account both the size of the bath: if the dimensions are 170×70 cm, then all possible ways are appropriate, for more compact, it will be convenient to leave the legs, because weight is significantly reduced, and for more cumbersome it is better to make a podium.
If there is no experience in the installation of the bath, then it is better to use the services of professionals, Because the material of the product is very fragile, and any negligence will lead to a crack or a platoon. In addition, it is necessary to move to repair work as soon as possible after purchase, because from storage in the wrong position and inappropriate conditions the shape of the bowl can be another.
The installation process itself for each option is yours and before proceeding to work, you need to study the features of everyone to choose the most suitable for specific conditions.
The easiest way to install the bath is installing it on the support legs. Often they are already included in the kit and selected for the product. In order to fix the supports, it is usually not required a large number of tools, but sometimes it is necessary to do the holes under the fasteners. If the situation is forced to such actions, the drill is taken to work on the tree, and the hole has a hole runs on the small turnover of the instrument.
The process of installing the legs is reduced to securely fix them and put it in the right place, which will give the necessary height for the installation of pipes and siphon.
In fact, the work consists of two stages.
- The process of fastening the legs, which are installed on special places provided by the manufacturer. Usually marked them with a special sticker or some symbol so that you can easily identify the landing site. In some cases, the hole under fasteners is already drilled, and there are no. It is important to use all the selected places and make holes where it is required, otherwise the weight of the human body during bathing will be unevenly distributed on the bath, and it will be damaged.
- The process of regulating the support legs. Almost all modern designs that suggest installation on support can be adjusted relative to the floor height. This makes it possible to adjust the plumber for the needs of living. High people will be a convenient location of the font for more than 15 cm from the floor, and people with an average growth and lower it, it will be necessary to lower the bottom of a slightly less standard height.
First of all, you need to install the bath to the wall, and then begin to screw the legs. The next step is to align the product along the horizontal line, for which the construction level is useful, which is put on the side of the bath. The process of adjusting the supports in the finished form is carried out by a wrench.
When the height of the bowl is at an optimal level, the legs are fixed, and the work goes to the wall to which it is also necessary to attach the product. For this process, you must install plastic or metal hooks in advance, and later fasten with their help bath to the wall. Once the work is performed, the last stage will be sealing seams, which is carried out with the help of silicone sealant.
They are processed all the joints of the bath with the walls.
If there is a desire to make a reliable attachment for an acrylic bath, then its appropriate will be assembled using the skeleton. This process is not too complicated, but requires knowledge of the case and clear following instructions.
Consider the order of action.
- Assembly of the carcass. This design is bought in advance, instructions for it. With the help of self-samples, which are provided in the kit, the part twists the part for the detail.
- Installing the finished design on the bath. For this process, it must be turned over, then put on the frame. Fixation is made using racks and spiers that are screwed to the bath. It is necessary to have them from the center, first – those that near the walls, there must be two, and then two from the front panel, they need three.
- When it was possible to fix the framework, the finished structures screw the legs of plastic with spyers, regulating the height of the entire product, which should not be above 65 cm.
- Only after that the bath can be turned over and check if all the elements are installed correctly and is exactly the font.
- If necessary, a bathing container can be attached to the wall additionally, it uses a metal hook or a corner for this.
- The next step will be the connection of the siphon and overflow.
- Having obtained a practically complete design, you can start installing a mixer that must be selected correctly based on the functions that it will be carried out in the room.
- To hide from extraneous installation type and type of metal design, it is better to install a decorative screen. It can be plastic, wooden, with decorative tile finish, it all depends on preferences and capabilities.
The use of the frame will allow to secure the bath and not let it shift. In addition, it is better distributed by a lot of one who bathes, and the bowl is definitely not deformed.
To avoid noise from water over the surface, you can fill the space under the bathroom, which will give the effect of noise insulation.
Mount the acrylic bath can be not only on the legs and frame, but also on support. The most convenient option for them will be simple brick. Using all twelve pieces, you can build four supports to which and install bathing containers. Unlike podium, which also requires a brick, in this case the design is light, and the pressure on the floor shower is not created.
To put a bath on the supports, you need to stick to a certain sequence of actions.
- After dismantling all extra in the room, you need to put a new plumbing, it is better without unpacking, so as not to damage, after which make marks for future supports.
- It is necessary to rationally distribute the supports in relation to the length of the bath. If it is big, then the length is worth placing three columns, if small – enough and two. It is important to accommodate under the bathroom on the bottom and two – along the edges of the product.
- After marking, remove the font and start posting the columns. Their height should be no more than 20 cm so that the bath is not above 65 cm above the floor level.
- Brick is placed on a solution that should dry at least 12 hours, but it is better to wait 24 for complete confidence in the structure of the structure.
- When the supports are ready, the bath is installed. Its bog with brick is important to fill with silicone sealant.
- For reliability it is necessary to install metal corners or hooks to which the font is satisfied.
If there are concerns about the thermal conductivity or the strength of the acrylic material, it is possible to coat the bottom of the foam bath, which will help avoid these problems.
On the podium
In the event that there is a desire to make a beautiful, and, most importantly, a reliable design under an acrylic bath, then the best way will be the construction of the podium, especially if it is an angular placement of plumbing. For this you need a sufficiently large amount of bricks and a number of tools. By correctly performing all the steps, you can get a decent result.
Installation work consist of several stages.
- Dismantling of the whole foreign and unnecessary in the new shower room. Dog of new plumbing in the film and installation on the estimated place. In this case, except the reference point for the construction of the frame, it is necessary to note the place for draining.
- The construction of a brick podium with a special solution is made until the height of the finished design is 60 cm.
- When the brick laying is ready, with plywood, resistant to moisture, cut the frame, which is height slightly higher than the podium to close the foam site between the masonry and the bathroom.
- The brick podium must be covered with one foam layer and attach to him Fane.
- Installation of the bath on the finished podium and checking the level of design level.
- For proper frozen foam, you need to dial water in the bath, about half and wait about a day.
- Connecting a bathing container to plum with overflow and mounting on the finished podium using corners or hooks.
Installing plumbing of this type, you should not make any slopes to the plum, because it is already provided in the design of the product itself.
To give the subsidence of the completed type, you can bind it with decorative tiles directly on bricks.
In order not to overlapping the overlap of the apartment by mounting the podium, you can make a strong and reliable support for acrylic bath with legs and bricks at the same time. It is important to correctly calculate the height of the brick design and raise the font at the same height using legs. It is not easy to cope with such work, but if desired and diligence is possible.
To facilitate the task, it is necessary to initially put a bowl for swimming on legs and pick up the optimal height for this plumbing, after that the distance between the floor and the bottom of the bath is determined. It makes it possible to understand what width and height will have brickwork. The design of the brick should not be located close to the bottom of the bath, between them you need to leave the slot into one centimeter, which is later filled with foam.
You can use another option when a flat base is erected out of bricks, which serves as a support for the bottom, and the legs already fix the entire design so that it does not walk and reliably stood.
In this case, it is also not worth allowing brick contact with the bottom, leaving the interval for foam.
- If the shower is expected to install an acrylic bath, which will replace the cast-iron, then it is important to know the features of working with new material and decide on the installation method that is most suitable in specific conditions. After carrying out dismantling work, first of all, it is necessary to put the wall in order, align it and sharpen it.
- Self install acrylic plumbers simple enough, because it has a small weight, but it is better to have an assistant who will assist with any carrying products, which will save from damage the fragile surface of the new bath.
- Setting the font, the first thing worth taking care, this is alignment relative to the floor level so that the design stood reliably and check the height of the legs to the bath. Installing a product on a brick basis, it is important to monitor the level of supports after each new layer so that there are no skew plumbing.
If you cannot eliminate such a problem, it is worth thinking about changing the method of installation of the product. If there is a desire to make so that the bathing container does not swing at all, the best option will be the construction of the podium. This option is perfect for residents of the first floor or a private house, and in old high-rise buildings it is better to refrain from such a significant weighting of the floor overlap.
- If there is no possibility to build something cumbersome, strengthening the acrylic bath can be made using a metal frame or a combined version using legs and brick masonry. The choice of option depends on the skills and skills, the conditions for work and the dimensions of the font. After completing the installation work, it is necessary to close the place of the joint of the bath with the wall. This can be done with sealant. But it is better to use a plastic corner, which is cut off at 45 degrees, so that it can be smoothly glued to the surface.
- The installation of the bath must be complex, take into account the elevation parameters of the floor bath from the floor so that it can be unhindered to mount the drain and siphon and ensure optimal use of use. The average body height in the shower should be from 50 to 60 cm for people with average growth and 70 cm – for tall. Frames, legs, supports or podium should be erected only after the optimal height is measured for members of a particular family, given all its features, the presence of children or people with disabilities.
More about installing an acrylic bath you will learn from the following video.