In the XXI century, few people can surprise. Technical progress walks with seven-world steps and some things have become so ordinary for us that we don’t even think about who and when they invented them. One of these things is all the favorite and universally used toilet.
The history of the emergence of the toilet
The history of this wonderful device begins in three thousand years before our era in Mesopotamia. And also at the same time in Mohenjo-Daro, a whole system of sewage was discovered, with wood seats and drains for uncleanness. A very valuable exhibit is kept in the British Museum – this is a device made in the form of a throne, which served the “Night Vaza” Sumerian Queen Shubad. This find is dated 2600 a year before our era. Ancient China, Rome, Egypt also had sewer systems, very perfect, if you consider how long it all happened.
However, medieval Europe did not please their technical progress due to the absence of such. There, even knowing the need to make a need for ordinary pots, and their contents after spilled out of windows on the street! The first device with the drain was invented for the Queen Elizabeth first in 1596. His author was John Harrington. The design was carefully described and documented, but did not receive a mass distribution not so much because of the high cost, how much due to the lack of a water supply system in the English kingdom.
The toilet with the drain was invented invented almost two centuries later, in 1738. And in 1778 the first chaulchak appeared – a folding seat with a lid. Mass production of toilet bowls was started in 1909 in Spain. This was engaged in the company called Unitas. Hence the name of these wonderful subjects, without which we now have no idea our life.
At first, the model range was very small. Now you can see a huge variety of toilet bowls of all colors, in any price category and with various additional features. People often approach the choice of toilet bowl. Someone looks at the models cheaper, others, on the contrary, submit an exclusive model “with frills”. However, when it comes to choosing a seating for a toilet, buyers take the first model that is suitable in shape and size, and go. But it is wrong, because the selection of the seat is no less important than the choice of the toilet itself.
Seat for the toilet or how it is also called Stulchak – it is not easy to detail “White Friend”. It is from how it will depend on the comfort of stay in the “Recreation Room”. Now there are a lot of stools models that differ from each other by form, dimensions, coloring, manufacturing materials, as well as the presence or absence of options.
Regardless of how it looks like a seat for a toilet, it, one way or another, refers to one of several categories.
- Disposable lining. Most often, they are used in the field of general visits: in hotels, restaurants, cinemas. Their main purpose is to ensure secure public toilet visits without risk to infect any dangerous disease. Of course, such sewrs have a very lifetime, as a rule, they are disposable. Make them from polymeric materials, but most often from paper.
Such a chalchak does not have fasteners and it is both the advantage and a disadvantage. Plus lies in the fact that its installation and preparation will take place no more than a minute; disadvantage – it can slide on the surface of the toilet and be not too convenient for sitting on it.
- Plastic seats. If there is a desire to purchase the simplest and durable chairs, it is worth stopping your choice on plastic product. His service life will be at least 3 years. It should be traced that the plastic from which the stoolcuck is made was hard, had enough thickness. As for the diversity of forms, there is nothing to boast of plastic products: as a rule, they only have universal, oval, without additional functions and decorations. But this is not a disadvantage, on the contrary, often due to its simplicity such sids are the most convenient.
But they still have cons, but, more precisely, one minus is the fasteners elements. Most often they are also made of plastic, and therefore it breaks quite easily. Now there are plastic models on the market with metal fasteners, here they are recommended to purchase them.
- Soft seats. Not the best option, because despite apparent ease of operation, such products are quite fragile and their service life is no more than six months. As soft sids wear are losing their commodity and spoil the impression of the dressing room design. Of course, they are very democratic for the price, but this is exactly the case when “the miser pays twice”.
- Stulchak with built-in bidet. One of the newcomers “frills”, which appeared in the 21st century, was the appearance of seats for the toilet with the function of the bidet. A small fountain is mounted in such a chalchak for hygiene procedures. Many models have water heating option for more comfortable use. However, do not forget that comfort is worth money, so this pleasure will have to spend.
- Seat with microlift. This interesting device is designed to automatically lower the toilet cover. Such models have a solid construction, a high service life (from three years), of course, and the price of their considerable. Some of them have a microlift disconnection function to ensure the possibility of mechanical closing of the cover by the user.
- Stellchat with heated. Warm seat is intended to provide the most comfortable conditions for staying in the “Recreation Room”. Most often, such an option is present in expensive models, although there are also budget plastic variations.
- Electronic seat. Appeared not so long ago, but already won a huge audience of buyers. The essence of this “smart” sidushki is the recognition of human approximation and bringing the mechanism of lidget into action. When the visitor leaves the toilet, the lid automatically closes.
Electronic seat has not only this feature. Most often it contains a whole set of options such as bidet, heated sidewas, air deodorization and even built-in hair dryer! Of course, the temptation is great to acquire such a equipped chairs, but it is worth correlating the expediency of this acquisition with its price and its financial capabilities. If they coincide – it will be wonderful.
- Double family seat. In families, where, in addition to adults, there are small kids, a very relevant question of the convenience of a chairs for all family members. In this case, the dual device should be purchased. It looks as follows: two sids (large and small) are bonded between themselves, one is superimposed on another, while the little one is always on top. On such a seat will be comfortable and adults, and children. As young family members are growing, a small nozzle will be removed.
- Seats with options for disabled, Older people and persons limited in movement opportunities. This is a truly magnificent invention for helping those who temporarily or are constantly experiencing difficulties in conducting personal hygiene procedures. On the market there are orthopedic structures with folding armrests. And there are models with the possibility of lifting seeds up to 20 centimeters higher than usual required.
Stools for the toilet make from a large amount of materials. Among them and fabric, and plywood, and natural wood, as well as plastic and douroplast.
It should be considered in more detail their advantages and disadvantages.
- The most popular were plastic seats. This is explained by the most optimal price and quality ratio. However, if, in addition to low cost and long service life, and also worries and presentable appearance, it is worth paying attention to products from other materials, since plastic seats are not distinguished by beauty, can yellow themselves with time and there is a danger to scratch them when washing.
- Duroplast chairs are more attractive both in terms of aesthetics and in terms of hygiene. The composition of the Duroplast includes a special component, which prevents the appearance and reproduction of malicious microorganisms. And in appearance, such a stool reminds ceramic.
- The most unsuccessful and unpopular material from which the seats for toilet are made is plywood. Of course, the price of her small, but she looks like her cheap. In addition, its porous structure is ideal for breeding bacteria.
- Wooden products are considered the most beautiful and presentable. They are not too popular because of their sufficiently high cost. However, the quality of them is “luxury”, the service life is calculated for years. But even such ideal sids have a minus: they are very massive and when the toilet loss is inactive, the toilet can give a crack. Therefore, it is often that wooden models are equipped with microlift.
- Paper disposable products are usually found in public places, as mentioned above. The fabric is usually used not as the main material for the manufacture of seats, but as decor. For example, for sewing a removable cover on the toilet cover.
If the toilet room has a definite style solution, then it makes sense to think about a more picky choice of seating for the toilet, as it can become “cherry on the cake” at the end of the repair of the bathroom. Of course, no one canceled the classic white color, but with the advent of colored toilets – yellow, black, red – and covers for them began to produce bright, multicolored. There are even models with drawing – butterflies, flowers, patterns. And the kids will appreciate the cover with machinery or funny little animals.
Even if the toilet does not have any special requirement for the color scheme, it does not mean that you should stop your choice on the classic white model. You can choose a cover under a tree or marble, and even simply color, but one-photo, suitable for a tile or rug.
Do not go to the store without precisely dumpled parameters, which must match the stool for a particular toilet.
It is necessary to measure the following:
- Width toileza. It is measured in the widest place;
- The size of the gap between the holes for the mounting bolts that the lid is screwed. This value is measured from the center of one hole to the center of another. A steam millimeter is allowed;
- The size of the gap from the edge of the seat to the beam passing through the centers of the mounting holes. This parameter is measured by inscribing an imaginary line passing through hole centers. This line is supplied by perpendicular from the edge of the lid.
Not the last role in long-term operation of the seating for the toilet plays his fasteners. As a rule, they are made of plastic or metal. When choosing fasteners, it is necessary to consider the features of a particular model of the toilet, since the fasteners are not universal.
A variety of covers presented in the modern market for plumbing, gave rise to the variability of their attachment. There are both the most simple mechanisms (quick-premissible plastic stools on two bolts) and such that it is quite problematic to install and remove yourself (electronic “smart” seats, with microlift and sensors, capturing movement and presence).
Dismantling of the ordinary cover includes the following actions:
- lift the cover (omit down);
- In the lower left corner, unscrew the bolt fasteners;
- unscrew the same bolt on the right;
- Remove the sequence of the whole.
Installing such a stool is made in reverse sequence.
There are two types of mounting elements: with pucks and without them. In the absence of such, but to preserve the reliability of the fastening, the nuts with the edge on the shear shape are produced. The most reliable is the combination of a metal bolt and nuts from a kapron material that provides the best hitch.
Now let’s talk about how the lid is attached to the stool. As a rule, it is a hinge design that fasten the elements in which the sleeves from metal, plastic or metalplastic are served. Plastic articulations most often found in low-cost models. Metal, as stronger, are used in the production of “smart” products equipped with various mechanisms. Plastic connecting elements have a huge advantage of their resistance to the appearance of rust, which cannot be said about metal accessories. But plastic of fragile and can break with imperative circulation, and metal hinge mechanisms are more durable.
When you fail, one of the components of the seating in most cases it is enough to simply dismantle it and replace the damaged detail of the new. But, in a situation with a breakdown in a more “trimmed” design, a more detailed study of the problem will be required and, perhaps, a challenge of a specialist, as to repair, for example, microlift, is not so simple without relevant knowledge and skills.
Overview of Marks
Consumer demand appears – the market responds to the appearance of proposals. As soon as the seat for the toilet ceased to be simply an insignificant detail, and it turned into an opportunity to make a residence in the bathroom more comfortable, so immediately the manufacturers of plumbing and components were reacted properly. Today there are several brands that have received the best feedback from consumers.
- Gustavsberg. Toilets and components of this company are a sample of true Swedish quality. Among the models there are simple products, and more modern, equipped with microlift. All seats are equipped with metal chrome-plated fasteners. Gustavsberg takes care of its consumers and provides a mandatory guarantee for its products. By the way, this is one of the few companies, in the range of which includes seats from a natural tree: oak, ash, teak.
- Jika. This company appeared in the Czech Republic in the XIX century. From the origin and to this day, this company does not get tired of improving technology and introduce innovation, which allows manufacturing high-quality and environmentally friendly products. The following model of toilet models Jika: LYRA, VEGA, ZETA, BALTIK, ERA are now on the market. To any of them you can choose a plastic seat both classic and equipped with a lifting mechanism.
- IFO. Another manufacturer from Sweden, which deserves attention. It makes heavy-duty models of luxury plastic seats. The choice is presented both classic options and with such an option as microlift.
- Haro. This German company produces plumbing and components, combining an aesthetic appearance with comfortable use and functionality. The choice of buyers is provided with many colors and stylized solutions. As well as HARO is a supplier for many health organizations due to unique development – antibacterial coating sites.
- IDDIS. Duroplast products from this company are among the most “long-playing” in the market of components for toilet. Durolast is not prone to yellowing, resistant to the appearance of cracks and scratches, prevents the appearance and reproduction of malicious microorganisms. Due to its properties of the sidewa from IDDIS have a long service life, while maintaining an attractive appearance. IDDIS models covers are equipped with a lifting mechanism.
Subtleties of choice
Choosing a seat for the toilet, should take care that it corresponds to the following requirements:
- safety in use;
- High strength of manufacturing material;
- quite a long service life;
- aesthetic and attractive appearance;
- perfectly suitable for the selected model of the toilet;
- Required feature set;
- did not enter into the dissense with the design of the bathroom.
Stulchak, as a rule, has the form of oval. But this rule does not apply to the lid! It can be square, and rectangular; may have an abis of animal or violin. Any ornament can be applied on the lid, photo or hand drawn illustration. And it can be decorated with decorative elements of the type of beads or rhinestones.
Operation and care
Regardless of the price and declared quality of the toilet, it needs much more careful and frequent care than any other plumbing. Waste vital activity of the human body leave both at the very toilet and on his seat very unpleasant traces.
Especially suffering to the toilet from the so-called blade. The fact is that the urine in its composition has special minerals that are able to settle on the walls and under the brine of the toilet, and over time to solidify, forming the same stone. If it periodically not to get rid of it, it will deliver a lot of hassle when cleaning. Therefore, when carrying out cleaning procedures for the toilet and its components, one of the most important requirements is their regularity. Only in this case the toilet will always be clean and will not need additional manipulations.
Rules for daily care:
- After each visit to the toilet room, it is necessary to rinse the toilet to drain the water from the tank;
- Wipe the chairs toilet with toilet paper or napkins when dripping physiological fluids on it;
- once every 3-4 days to process the surface of the toilet with special means to avoid the formation of the taxation;
- A good prophylactic agent are pastelles or cassettes, fixed under the brine. Every time we wash, the disinfectant particles will fall into the water, from which these cassettes consist; Thus, the prevention of the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria and the appearance of the nour.
You can use multiple means to remove small contaminants.
- Table vinegar. To prepare a cleaning agent based on it, you need to take a saucepan and warm it in it approximately 1 cup of vinegar to a temperature slightly above room. Next, you should pour it into the toilet and pour there for 2 hours. L. Food Soda. Leave for night. In the morning you need to clean the toilet to the Yarshik and wash off.
- If a bit of yellow is a cover, it is necessary to mix the heated vinegar with soda to obtain the casket mass. It is necessary to wear gloves to protect the skin of the arms and apply this mixture with a sponge on the cover and toilet seat. Leave for 15 minutes and wash off with clean water.
- Small pollution also perfectly copes another very cheap and affordable lemon acid. In order to clean the toilet to clean it, do not even need any tricks – just pour two acid packages in the toilet and leave for several hours. After that, “go” to the toilet to the toilet and merge water.
Effective methods will help to remove the solar wave.
- Of course, it is primarily recommended to use specially intended for these purposes with household chemicals. But here should be attentive! Most of them, in order to improve the safety safety, contain a smaller concentration of substances responsible for the removal of the tax; Consequently, with very strong, old pollution they will not cope. It is necessary to find such funds, the use of which is possible only with the protective mask respirator and rubber gloves due to the high content of the active substance.
- No matter how strange it sounded, but with the solar wave will help to cope Coca Cola! You should pour the bottle of this pop in the toilet, wait a while (4-5 hours will be enough), then wipe the toilet to the toilet with a sponge or brush and wash off. Pollution disappear.
- Oxalic acid. Externally, it looks like powder made of small crystalline particles. When using this substance for cleaning the toilet, we should wear rubber gloves. On the cover it is necessary to gently apply a wet sponge so that the splashes do not get into the eyes and on the skin. And also it is worth pouring a powder to the bottom toilet bowl so that it can be able to dissolve and remove all existing pollution. As with the rest of these funds, its exposure time is from 3 to 5 hours.
- When all the above substances are powerless to very old and dense raid, “heavy artillery” comes to the aid in the form of electrolyte. This is the strongest, but also the most dangerous tool for cleaning the toilet. The main danger, which he carries for others – its toxic couples. Therefore, you should try to protect yourself as much as possible – put on the rubber mask-respirator, safety glasses, tight rubber gloves, as well as clothes closing the whole body. It is necessary to pour electrolyte in the toilet. Its exposure time is only 15 minutes. Thoroughly wash it off and air toilet.
- “White”. This tool is familiar to many. Used to be used to whiten the tissues, although it caused them great harm. Now clothes, bed linen, towels and other things are bleached with more gentle means, but “whiteness” did not go into oblivion, simply changed the scope of application. It is necessary to pour it into the toilet, after 4-5 hours, wash it. The toilet will shine pristine cleanliness.
To launder the seating of the toilet from yellowness, will help several proven ways.
- To begin with, it is best to remove the stool and soak it, so it will be easier to cleaned. If independent removal is problematic, it is necessary to simply raise it and apply the detergent with a sponge on both sides, then wait a few hours and thoroughly rinse with clean water.
The list of means for delivering the covers of yellow raids includes a chlorine or a means containing it, hair clarifier, a mixture of washing powder, food soda and water, “whiteness”. All these funds are quite effective. They will help to remove unpleasant yellowness. However, if the pollution was so great that it did not work out entirely, then the right solution will be the replacement of the seating and the cover for the sake of preservation of the aesthetics of the appearance and compliance with hygiene requirements.
Toilet seat is an important element that guarantees not only convenience and comfort during use, but also gives the toilet bowl and beauty. Among the huge range of presented models from various manufacturers, you can choose an option for every taste. The wide palette of color versions, shapes and sizes, as well as materials provides a wide selection of stylish, reliable and practical models.
On how to choose a toilet seat, look in the following video.