Glass bath – this is an unusual interior object, which is stylishly can decorate the furnishings of your bathroom. Modern brands offer a huge variety of models of different shapes, colors and textures, fully glass samples or options combining several materials – among such a variety you can find the perfect option for any interior. From this article you will learn more about glass bath models, selection criteria and fashionable combinations with other furniture and trim.
If you think about purchasing a bath, made in full or partially made of glass, it should be borne in mind that such an unusual detail of the interior has its own specifics.
Take note some nuances.
- Unlike the baths made of artificial stone, ceramic or cast-iron baths covered with enamel, the glass will be much faster to get dirty: it will remain fat stains from touch, divorces from hard water or irregular washing. If you want a glass of glass to really looked good, you will have to do regular wet cleaning with mirror washing.
- If you have small children or pets, it is possible to buy a glass bath is not worthwhile – the walls of the glass are very easy to smash, it is quite chance to drop the hose from the shower or a bottle with shampoo. Even a small through crack will require replacing the whole wall or even buying a new bathroom – depending on the design. In addition, fragments can be opened from a stronger strike and lead to injuries.
- Glass bath is an extravagant thing that is not suitable for every style in the interior. Even if you have a modern room atmosphere, such a product can stand out. It is best to support the unusual design of the bath with other glass items – for example, it can be a hinged shelf, sink or door.
Modern glass bathroom design options are extremely diverse. It is worth paying attention to the shape, decorative elements, the color of the glass itself and its texture. It is from the nuances to depend on whether the bath is suitable for the interior of the room or not.
Try not to combine in one space different design glass things – it is better to purchase them in a set or carefully select each other.
First of all, it is worth considering the shape of the bath and its dimensions – it is necessary to proceed from the size of the room, because if you have an initially small bathroom, it is better to choose a miniature option.
You can select multiple design options.
- Rectangular The bath is close to the traditional option – the corners at the same time can be smoothed or left sharp, such geometric decisions may look very exquisite. The rectangular bath will be convenient for practical use and will not take much space.
- Angle Bath has a shape close to a triangle. Such models are of different sizes and small options are quite suitable for a small-scale room, however, they will not be very comfortable. It is better to choose a similar option in a spacious bathroom.
- Oval The bath will suit lovers of soft streamlined forms – this is a good option for exquisite interiors with thoughtful small details.
- Round Baths are less popular, but they can look pretty interesting. For such options you need a lot of free space – if you have a very spacious bathroom, such a glass product will certainly become an interior decoration and highlight.
Sometimes glass baths are accompanied by a minimum of metal elements for the stability of the design and drain, and in other cases additional materials become full of decor elements. For example, you can meet stylish glass baths in combination with natural or artificial marble, metal, plastic or wood. Most modern models have a simple and concise design – bottom, wall can be performed from another material, or a decorative frame for contour is made. You can find more unusual samples. For example, metal, wood or plastic can be used to create complex ornaments and paintings on a glass surface.
Most often choose options from transparent glass – this design is most neutral and universal, A similar thing can fit in many interior options. Fans of extravagant solutions can consider and options with colored glass – it can be barely noticeable tone, for example, a blue or pink glass shade. In other cases, bright options are chosen – dark brown, red, yellow or blue glass. Also there are options with real stained glass windows or with imitation of stained glass through a special painting.
Finally, it is important to choose the texture of glass. The most popular is the usual transparent glossy glass. In addition to him, it is possible to consider matte models that will be more practical, will be less dirty and will not be released so much in the interior. Finally, sometimes there are baths using corrugated glass – usually it is a more dense glass with simple bulk patterns.
To the bath look harmoniously, you need it to fit into a concrete room style. Most often glass models are chosen for modern interiors – it can be minimalistic options or bright interiors with an abundance of decorative parts, but they should not look traditionally. For fashion settings, simplicity of forms is characterized and combining unusual materials. The color range can be almost any, because the transparent glass will suit everything, however, the most interesting to look at the complex decoration colors will look.
Products with glass walls can be perfectly organically fit into the eclectic style. In such an interior, the most unexpected combinations are possible: glass, marble, wood and ceramics can allow creating a stylish and bright interior. Options and from color and transparent glass are suitable. It is necessary to proceed from the size of the room – if the room is completely small, you should not combine too much scattered elements: glass bath will be enough for a single accent.
Options with minor glass elements can organically fit into the Modern and Ar Deco style. Most often it is a bath with a glass wall, complemented by marble or ceramics. Stained-glass windows and corrugated glass will look very.
Since such interiors are replete with small details, it is very important to support the design of the bath with other glass elements in the finish, furniture or accessories.
Criterias of choice
Since the bath is usually acquired for a long time, it is worth carefully approaching the choice and acquire a really high-quality product. With caution it is worth considering manufacturers from China – often these samples may be poor-quality. Mostly, it is worth considering products from Russia and Europe. If you are looking for a model with an interesting design, you may like shopping stamps from Italy and Finland.
Now Plumbing shops provide a large selection of products, but many prefer to make online orders. Prices on sites are often significantly lower, and the range is much wider. If you order a bath online, it is important to make sure the manufacturer’s conscientiousness – buy goods only on official websites of large brands. If there are doubts, it is better to execute an order without prepayment.
When buying, pay attention to the absence of chips and cracks – there is a risk to face the marriage of production or with damage when improper transportation. Make sure that the glass is durable, and staining or corrugated texture is uniformly. Check the joints connecting the glass with another material.
Going to the store, it is worth it in advance to determine the desired size and design of the bath. You can take with you samples of finishing and furniture to evaluate how much they will be combined with a new purchase. If you do not find the perfect version, a bath with a glass wall can be made with your own hands – the easiest way to do this from the finished metal or stone bath: you need to cut one wall and insert the glass. This work is very laborious, so if you never engaged in a similar thing, it is better to trust his professionals. Now many brands take individual orders.
Beautiful examples in the interior
If you think about installing a glass bath, but do not know exactly what kind of design you want, consider options for interesting interiors with glass baths for inspiration.
- The combination of glass and wood can be very interesting in modern environmentally friendly interiors. Such a decision is suitable for connoisseurs of minimalism and natural materials – with such a bathroom you will create a simple but unusual interior.
- Bath made of red glass Love lovers of bright and brave solutions. A similar interior will surely attract attention. It is important to support a bright part of another piece of furniture – for example, choose a red sink. In addition, catchy colors will best look in the spacious room. If you have a small bathroom, such extravagant parts can overload interior.
- Bath trimmed with white plastic with glass insert, perfectly helps to add a concise modern interior. In order for the situation to be interesting, you can experiment with textures: glossy glass and plastic can be interested in combined with matte wallpaper and wood.
In the next video you will find a glass replacement process for a similar bath.