ELECTROLUX washing machines are characterized by reliability and durability. However, even such an equipment can break. Consider the main types of faults, the reasons for their occurrence and ways to eliminate.
Malfunctions and their description
Modern models of ELECTROLUX washing machines are equipped with The function of self-diagnosis. This means that in the event of a malfunction, the error code will appear on the device display. The code is a shortened indication of the nature of the breakage, the possible causes of its appearance and elimination options. The occurrence of code can be alarmed both about small operation errors (for example, a loosely closed door of the hatch) and about serious breakdowns (turbulent engine).
Consider in more detail what error codes are possible when operating Electrolux washing machines, and what they designate.
- Error code E10 or E11 (Depends on the specific model of the washing machine). It occurs when there is not enough water in the tank for washing. In other words, for a certain period of time, the water level did not reach the minimum.
- Error E13. Appears when leakage water in the pallet machine.
- Code E20 or E21. Occurs in the drain mode, if during a given time interval (10 minutes) the water was not merged from the tank.
- Error E23. Malfunction located on the electronic simistor controller (control circuit) of the drain pump.
- Error E24. Similar to the previous place – electronic controller. However, breakdown concerns the deficiency of the control pump symistor control circuit.
- E31 code. His appearance on the display speaks of a pressure sensor malfunction.
- E32 code. Malfunction also in the pressure sensor, or rather – in the calibration of this sensor.
- E33 code. There is an imbalance of water pressure sensors. First of all, the sensors responsible for protection of the Tan when they are turned on without a water set.
- Code E34. It occurs when inconsistencies between the press service and the level of anti-hyphenation 2.
- Error E35. Denotes that the water level in the tank is above acceptable. Typically, this happens when the overflow level is reached when the overflow level switch turns out to open more than 15 seconds.
- Error E36. Occurs when the heating element protection sensor faults.
- E37 code. The signal of the fault of the first water level sensor.
- Error E38. May indicate such a problem as the impossibility of fixing the pressure difference or the press of the press space tube.
- Error E39. Overflow level sensor fault
- Code E40 or E41. Lights up on the display with a loose door loosely. Closing it can interfere with underwear. Much less often talks about the breakdown of the Luke Castle and the need to replace it.
- Error E43. Again, connected with a loosely covered door of the hatch, however, it breaks the door lock. Its repair is impossible, replacement is required. In addition, this error code can be displayed when the simistor breaks. Its function – ensure the operation of the hatch lock, location – digital fee. To understand whether the Simistor is right enough to use a multimeter.
- Error E45. Violation of the chain, thanks to which the work of a simistor. To eliminate problems, first of all call each link of this chain.
- E50 code. Under it is hidden many fault options. It may be a short circuit of the control simistor, failure of the tahogenerator and the elements adjacent to it. If the specified nodes are probably correct, the reason lies in the bearing breakage, the electronic controller, the drive motor reverse.
- Code E51. Occurs when a drive motor simistor breakdown.
- Error E52. The machine issues this code in the absence of a signal from a tachogenerator located on the drive motor. It makes sense to also verify that the chamber coil does not pop up from his cell.
- Code E54. Error appears when sticking one launch engine reverse relay. Typically, this breakdown is eliminated by replacing the relay new.
- Code E57. The error is related to the excess of the current 15a. It usually occurs when problems with the electrical wiring (its resistance and measured first) or when the engine is malfunction.
- Error E60. Error testifying to achieving the temperature in the cooling radiator in 88 s and above. That is, it is exceeding the maximum temperature. “Current” machine in this case only by replacing the electronic unit.
- E61 code. This error is not highlighted in standard operation mode, and is detected only when conducting a diagnostic startup. Indicates insufficient (inappropriate selected Washing Water Heating Program). Indirectly about the presence of such a malfunction can be suspected by deteriorating the quality of washing.
- Error E62. Occurs when the water heating is too fast. This is usually heated to 88 with less than 5 minutes. Error Indicates Temperature Sensor Fault. If everything is in order with him, the malfunction is caused by a breakdown of Tan.
- Code E66. Breakdown Relay Tan.
- Error E68. Specifies to exceeding current leakage indicators, which is associated with the need to repair a motor or a fan or replacing the control board.
- E70 code. This code speaks of a break of the temperature sensor chain.
- Code E85. Breakage of circular pump
- Error E90. Communication rupture in the control and display board. It is necessary to estimate the status of the contact of the connectors – did they not oxidized.
- EB0 code. Lights up on the display when the power failure in the network existing standards. Elimination – the use of voltage stabilizers. Similar to this – Error EH0. Indicates a network overvoltage.
- Error codes EF0, EF2, F20. All specified problems are associated with the impossibility of draining water due to a blockage or malfunction of the hose. Sometimes the hose is simply driving that it becomes caused to highlight the error.
Each of the error codes has cause (and more often not one) occurrence. So, Error code E11 usually occurs when a breakdown of one of the water bay valves or its control circuit on an electronic controller. This most common, but not the only reason. Among others – insufficient resistance of the valve winding (norm – 3.75 ohms), insufficient water pressure in the tap pipes, clogging of the water bay path.
If there are problems with water drain (error code E21) it is worth checking the serviceability of the drain pump, the passability of filters, nozzle and drain hose. Malfunctions and clogs of these elements and nodes of the machine most often become the cause of this kind of breakage. It also makes sense to check the voltage of the drain pump winding (norm – 170 ohms). Finally, the reason for this kind of error can be Malfunction of an electronic controller.
With exceeding the time of the drain may be connected and EF1 error, and flashing EF2 code Signals to increase foaming, the root cause of which is also a plot of the drain highway. The origins of the problem in this case are looking for a drain hose or sewage, It makes sense to check for the presence of a filter over a drain pump.
The reasons for the breakdown of the press service cause mainly clogging of the tube, failures in the operation of the power grid, malfunctions in the program settings. The press service is responsible for the overall performance of the washing machine, otherwise it is called the water sensor and the voltage sensor. That is why the failure of this element leads to the appearance of completely different “symptoms” – Premature launch of washing, impossibility of activating the function of pressing the linen.
Causes of occurrence E40-E43 errors connected with a loosely closed door hatch. It may be hitting the garbage castle, foreign items. I.e Finding the cause of the fault begins precisely from this zone. If everything is in order with the lock, the reason for the error code data appears may become the door skew. That is, the cogs in the bolts are broken, the door “I moved”, so it is impossible to close it correctly. It is clear that in this case it follows the screwdriver to tighten the bolts and return the door to the door.
Sometimes the reason for a loosely closed door can be hidden in voltage drops. You can check this in a simple way – to turn off the washing machine from the power grid by 10-15 seconds, and then turn on again. As an option – try manually press the door to the hatch with your hands and wait whether the characteristic click will not be heard and the lock icon will not appear on the display.
Finally, the reason for the delicate closing of the door can be Worn machine parts. On average, they are all calculated on the 5-year service life. Motor operations can be revealed by the emergence of E50 error display. Moreover, the cause of its occurrence may be a malfunction of the relay, bearings, the absence of a signal from the tachogenerator.
The reasons for this are also different – from the puck jerked from the thread to serious malfunctions of the tachogenerator and its natural wear.
One of the weak places of washing machines is TEN. One of the frequent causes of the failure of the heating element – the formation of scale on its surface. Skip does not miss heat, that is, the TEN begins to overheat, and the heating of water when washing it turns out to be insufficient.
The formation of scale is usually associated with high water stiffness, the presence of extraneous impurities in it, first of all – salts of calcium and magnesium (which is why it is recommended for the use of deep cleaning filters for water pipes), too aggressive detergents.
Sometimes a tan, on the contrary, too fast and strongly heats the water. In this case, the temperature sensor is “to blame”, which should be replaced. May fail and relays controlling the functioning of the heating element.
So, one of the common problems is Lack of signals on the display when turning on the machine to the network. Simply put, she does not respond to such actions. First of all, check, Are there any electricity online – include another technique in the outlet.
You can try to reset the washing program and introduce anew.
If everything is in order, check the power cord and fork. If damage is detected, do not isolate, but replace. The reason for the control of the control panel or the brave of the network filter or its items is to eliminate this type of problem begins with the removal of the top cover (sufficiently unscrew the bolts). Filter You will see at the walls. When it burns, they will be noticeable. In this case The filter is subject to replacement. To check the keys you need to first extract the tray, after which the buttons will be seen (by the module).
In case of contact oxidation, the element is replaced.
When problems with the fence and drain of water, the first thing to do is overlap the shut-off valve and unscrew the hose from the case. It will be discovered by a filter, remove it and washed under water, it should be done with a hose. It makes sense to immediately dismantle the rear cover and check the multimeter located behind it the intake valve (norm – 2-4 ohms).
If the water remained in the tank, you should also clean the drain. You can detect it behind the door located at the bottom of the machine (from the front side). Opening this door, you will see the filter you want to unscrew. Attention, at that moment water is spoiled from the hole, so you should immediately prepare the rags and buckets. By reloading the filter, it was washed, as well as the space that it closes.
It is worth wing dry filter and screw it back.
If the drum has become badly pressing underwear, and the machine is strongly vibrating, Check the tension of the drive belt. To do this, unscrew the rear panel of the device. If the belt flew, you will immediately see this, it is enough to return it to the place (on the engine pulley). With belt wear, it is replaced. In the classic engine machines, you may need to replace the brushes. Check your graphite rods need to check (extract from the housing, turning off the contacts).
When wearing more than half the brush is subject to replacement.
About how to read the error code in washing machines, see the following video.