The bathroom in an apartment or country house is a very important placement in the home, whose arrangement deserves close attention. And since, most often, there are various techniques and water pipes in it, it will be useful to competently arrange this workspace and visually hide the low-digging devices. Plumbing cabinets are widely used for these purposes.
In the toilet on the wall behind the toilet, for the most part, and equip such structures. Cabinets perform several basic functional tasks – provide aesthetic attractiveness of the room, and also protect the devices, pipes and other mechanisms from possible damage. In addition, the shelves are installed inside the cabinet, the presence of which makes it possible to store inside various household chemicals and hygiene.
The internal configuration of the sanitary cabinet is of great importance, since it will depend on it its capacity, but the doors are important components of the design.
Features of these elements depend on the specifics of their device, appearance and material used for manufacture. Therefore, they will directly affect the level of protection, which can provide the whole design, as well as the attraction of the cabinet as a whole. And most importantly, how efficiently the product can cope with its main purpose – hide inside unavigrating counters, valves and other mandatory attributes for plumbing.
There are a lot of doors for sanitary cabinets on the modern construction market, which have their advantages and disadvantages. The choice of this or that product comes from the individual features of the bathroom or a bathroom, so it is very difficult to highlight some kind of doors. In addition, along with plumbing cabinets for the same purposes in some rooms I use hatches.
However, the substantial minus of this arrangement of the place where the plumbing pipes are located, is the fact that when the pipe breakage the wall with a hatch will need to dismantle.
Unlike the cabinet, where there is no such urgent need to make such extreme measures.
Since the primary task of the whole design is considered to be a question regarding the closure of different pipes and instruments, but at the same time ensuring unhindered access to the toilet and devices on the first requirement, the method of opening and closing the cabinet is considered very important.
Based on the method of implementing this task, the doors can be divided into several varieties as:
- Designs with a standard opening method – such cabinets are equipped with a conventional swing door;
- Invisible door;
- shutters in the form of blinds;
- Doors and coupe.
Installation of each of the types requires special care, otherwise the products will not fall out on its places, which is fraught with the formation of SMOs and other design defects, which will negatively affect the appearance of the entire cabinet.
Doors for plumbing cabinets can be classified based on the material that is used for their manufacture.
- In the assortment presented in the market, there are louvral doors from a tree. They are sold everywhere and are in great demand. In order to avoid mistakes related to the acquisition of products of this type, the main thing is to choose their faithful size. There are some nuances of operation of wooden products – before installation, they must be treated with a veil and varnish. The application of these compositions will help protect the wood from humidity, which is present in the room. Wood doors often additionally decorate various drawings, perforation, thread.
- The door from the chipboard can be cut independently, and with the help of loops to install on the closet. This embodiment of the design is the easiest and fast, as well as economical.
- Doors from tile, fastening which is carried out on a special frame – this is another way to create a cabinet in the toilet. Thus, in the bathroom, the cladding of the walls of which was also performed by this material, there will be doors under the tile, identical to the appearance of the walls.
- Mirrored flaps can be done if the mirror must be attached on the sheet of plywood. Such mirror inserts in the room allow a little visually expand the area of the room.
- There are ultra-modern materials that can be used as doors. One of these options is considered to use rollers. Metal products, plastic products and other. With the help of roller shutters you can easily choose the appropriate color for any interior in the bathroom. There are rack-type shutters, which are made using the remote control.
- More accessible in value are blinds. They are represented by a large color manifold, you can order almost any size of such products.
- Doors can be made of plastic. The material is unpretentious in care and does not need special surface treatment, since it is characterized by a good level of moisture resistance.
- Small curtains from textiles – this is a practical solution for the arrangement of a plumbing cabinet. Polyethylene products that can largely decorate the interior of the room are equally popular.
- Glass products decorated with aluminum profile – this is a convenient option for doors, because the material is not afraid of humidity. At the same time, glass provides good sound insulation.
The operational period of the entire design, including the doors, largely depends not only on the mode of use of the cabinet, raw materials from which products are made, but also from the quality and strength of the accessories used to fasten the elements and provide quick access inside the cabinet.
Most often, the following additional elements are purchased for the arrangement of sanitary cabinets.
- Loops for fastening of sash – this is the main detail that holds the entire mass of the door. Such accessories regulates opening and closing issues. Since the condensate can often accumulate on the pipes inside the cabinet, the loops should be made of stainless alloys, which will extend their service life;
- Closers providing fixation and smooth closure of doors. This accessories is installed in the models of cabinets with folding doors;
- When installing rolls as designs of the design it is worth selecting models with an inner box, which will be attached inside the design. The lacriticality of the entire structure in the interior depends on this nuance;
- The doors of the secret type are equipped with locks and various latches, it is necessary to carefully select similar accessories, since it will depend on its health, the possibility of uninterrupted access to communications in the closet will be dependent;
- To increase the tightness of the closure of the flaps, they are sometimes additionally completed with furniture magnets.
Dimensions and calculations
Doors sizes for a plumbing cabinet directly depend on the size of the design itself.
Since this question for the cabinet is very individual, when choosing sizes, one should proceed from some general recommendations.
- Constructions in the entire height of the wall are needed only when the pipes are located throughout the surface vertical;
- Small secret doors should be installed if you need to have access only to the meter, they can also be performed with small viewing windows;
- Medium structures, for example, 55 x 190 cm, except the water meter, can accommodate some more shelves for household accessories;
- As for the depth, it must be acceptable to perform work with tools, because sometimes there may be a question about replacing any elements.
Most often, plumbing structures have a square or rectangular shape – 600 per 1900 mm, 760 x 2100 mm, 650 x 2050 mm.
Where better to locate?
Options for placing cabinets in the toilet in the apartments of the old building will be dependent on the initial place allocated for pipe output. In most cases, the risers are available directly for the toilet, therefore, the placement of the cabinet will be appropriate.
In order to independently decide on the location of the future design, it is necessary at the planning stage of the residential building to make the appropriate pipe wiring.
How to make yourself?
To make a plumbing cabinet to their own hands, you will need such materials and construction tools as:
- Roulette and screwdriver;
- Lobzik and level;
- Wood for the arrangement of the box;
- Accessories for door.
Work on the independent construction structure includes several stages.
- First of all, you need to decide on the dimensions and the view of the door, making a sketch of products. The size of the cabinet depends on the remoteness of the toilet from communications – if the device is located close to the pipes, the design is to equip over the drain tank, but taking into account the fact that the sash should not touch it;
- A frame is installed in the niche using profiles, the surface is trimmed with plasterboard;
- Next of the bars are knocked down. It is very important to pre-process the wood with a special composition of fungus and mold;
- After installing the design in a niche and in the presence of free space inside, you can fix the shelves, it is better to make them from chipboard or plasterboard. The last material, if you wish, you can simply paint or enclose by wallpaper canvases;
- The box is inserted into the niche allotted for it and is attached to the walls;
- After installation, it is necessary to check the correct location using a level;
- Doors can be made of plastic, wood, which is well amenable to restoration, plywood, MDF, or chipboard, and ends shook the edge or paint. The number of doors will depend on the width of the cabinet. Wooden ends grind out sandpaper;
- Then the handles and loops are screwed, if such provided;
- After that, the sash is fixed to the design itself.
Plumbing cabinet is an excellent option that allows you to create a beautiful interior in the bathroom, regardless of whether the installation of the finished product or the cabinet was made with your own hands. And a large variety of various doors options for it makes it possible to equip the wardrobe on the basis of its preferences and financial capabilities, allowing you to harmoniously enter into an interior of the room this design or the most hidden its presence.
Spectacular examples in the interior
Wooden designs have always been the most attractive options for making rooms of any destination. Such a room like a bathroom, where elements from wood are present in the interior, it can be favorably supplemented with a sanitary wardrobe, the doors of which will be made of similar material.
In the toilets, where the general design is withstanding in a modern style, to equip the plumbing cabinet stands with plastic doors in the form of a shutter with a beautiful pattern. The design will attract attention and will decorate the room.
If the owners of dwellings prefer the cabinet in the overall interior to be visually invisible, the use of invisible doors will minimize the visibility of the design. If the walls are lined with tiles, the door easily is drawn up with the same material.
The process of mounting the doors for a plumbing cabinet in the form of a rollt, see the video below.