Shower cabins are high demand from the owners of small apartments. The shower is suitable for tiny bathrooms that do not allow the bath in them and for large areas where it is possible to find a place for shower and for the bathroom. The cabin usually saves the place in the bathroom, the price of showers is now acceptable, and the variety of options allows you to enter them in any interior. One of the most economical options shower – equipped niche with special doors. The arrangement of the niche most often costs much cheaper the installation of the cabin and is practically not inferior to it functionally. The main thing in this business is to choose correctly and install doors for a niche, which will be discussed below.
Purchase and install a niche for the shower easily, the most difficult one is to determine the way to open the door in the niche. There are 4 most popular types of doors that are suitable in this situation:
It is not so easy to choose a certain option, it all depends on your preferences and size of the room – in a small one will not work out to equip a large niche and install swing doors with two sash. Before deciding on this characteristic, it is necessary to consider all options in Read more.
The most familiar and, undoubtedly, a very reliable option. Easy in montage. Muffy on special loops or directly to the wall, or to a vertical stand. Around the perimeter have special elements that prevent leaks. The material is resistant, the loops and bolts usually have anti-corrosion processing, which is very important for the design constantly in the humid environment. May be single and bivalves, open out or inside. An additional equipment is possible by a response magnetic profile, locking the door.
- a big degree of risk of damage;
- poorly suitable for bathrooms of a small square.
Retractable doors are not so susceptible to mechanical damage, occupy much less space than swing, and do not require free space in front of the niche. Doors move in direct on the rails using a roller system or bearings.
- non-removable design options are complex in care and replacement;
- Requires a certain length of the wall adjacent to the niche to ensure the required displacement of 2 sash;
- Installation is more difficult than other options.
Universal option. Folding doors- “accordions” save the area, can be made of various materials (in the case of manufacture of solid materials, it is opened by the example of a book cover, if the basis is soft – they go through folds) and have such an advantage as the possibility of partial opening. The number of door sections depends only on the size of the bathroom.
- smaller thermal insulation;
- smaller sound insulation;
- The degree of reliability of the mechanism.
Much less popular, but very interesting visually and structural option with a long service life. Opens in both directions. The cloth rotates on a special hinge mechanism. The rotation can be carried out around the central and displaced axis, or the axis can act as the edge of the canvas itself.
- Suitable only for large areas;
- complex in installation;
- require essential preliminary calculations and markup of space.
The choice of door material for a shower niche depends on the 4 key factors:
- frequency of use of shower;
- owner preferences;
Most often doors are made of plastic and glass. Both glass and plastic doors have their advantages and minuses. Consider both options.
- In most cases, the price is low;
- ease of construction;
- Simple installation and disassembly.
- fear of high temperatures;
- can easily ignite;
- risk of bundle;
- Risk of burnout.
Simple plastic doors – successful temporary option. To minimize the risk of damage to the appearance, it is better to stop your choice on transparent variants. And, of course, you should carefully inspect the doors before buying, at least visually assessing the quality of the material and its processing. Optimal options – HPL (high-pressure plastic with good durability and water resistance) and polycarbonate (durable, light, not afraid of high temperatures). Acrylic – durable, heavier than polycarbonate, safe, since when there does not form sharp edges, but it is easily flammable. Polystyrene options are easy and well protected from moisture, but quickly burn out.
- reliability, resistance to water and temperature effects;
- Durability – the service life of such doors is practically not limited;
- simplicity of cleaning;
- diverse design.
- high price;
- significantly greater weight than options for plastic;
- Completeness of transportation and installation.
Made from hardened glass of increased impassability covered with a special film that does not allow fragments of fragments during damage. Or, in the case of budget models, from plexiglas. The second option is easier, but faster loses its appearance. Optimal thickness 6-8 mm.
Order Doors of the size of the size you will not be much labor, but can lead to additional spending. If you need to avoid them, you should navigate to the standard dimension range. It is necessary to accurately measure all the sizes of the opening of the shower, and ideally – also to measure the doors’ elements independently, without focusing only on the product description – always an error is always possible up to several centimeters.
Remember that many firms selling doors provide such a service as a challenge of the measurer.
Different range of various brands varies. The most common options are width:
- 60 cm;
- 70 cm;
- 80 cm;
- 90 cm;
- 100 cm;
- 110 cm;
- 150 cm and t. D.
The most popular width is 60 cm. With a size of 120 cm, it may be easier to make the door from several sections or stay on a bivalve, than to look for the desired size – you should pay attention to it. With a composite embodiment, the width of the blocks can be both the same and different. For example, the same 120 cm can be obtained by either two sash 60 cm, or a combination of 90 cm plus 30 cm, and 140 cm – from two blocks of 70 cm.
For hintage doors not characteristic width above 90 cm. Problems may occur when searching for sizes, incratum 10 cm – 115 cm, 145 cm, 175 cm and t. NS. Remember that the width of the opening is quite possible to compensate for the use of adjustable profile or voluntary elements, turning, for example, 130 cm in 120. It is important not to forget about the gaps for the sealer – they will make up about 10 mm.
Door decor for shower niches – a huge field for your creativity. Scandinavia, Loft, Rococo – You can choose an option for any style. In addition to the design of the lounge itself and the design of the niche, the details play a big role.
The correct selection of fittings will help expand the accents, and will also make the design one. But it’s still standing with the design of the cloth.
One of the benefits of glass doors is the ability to decorate with their help. They are so.
- Transparent. Option suitable for separate bathroom.
- Matte. The effect is obtained due to the sandblasting glass processing with special compositions or matte film. Glass can be both completely and partially matte.
- Stained glass. If the effect is not created using the film, then this option will be very expensive.
- Porngy. The drawing can be applied by engraving, paint, photo printing or special stickers, resistant to water and temperature.
- Toned. Are performed in different colors and easily fit into the overall interior.
At the moment, a number of manufacturers can order doors with their own design, but the cost of such a service will be high. You can choose the option with the finished decor suitable for the design of your bathroom, or experiment yourself, using various films, stained glass paints or with engraver. But we must not forget that all materials should be approached for rooms with high humidity and frequent temperature drops, otherwise your creativity will not live long.
Now let’s go to the hinges and handles. The first thing to keep in mind – the bathroom is a room with different home, a specific microclimate. This should be taken into account when choosing accessories – rust and corrosion will not decorate any design. Key element of fittings (if it comes not about sliding doors) – it is a loop. With their choice, in addition to the material and appearance, the possible load should be taken into account, prescribed in the instructions.
Loops and handles are made of stainless steel, chromium, brass, bronze or nickel. The design of the handles can mimic the appearance of these or any other (for example, gold) materials with different decor – from ceramic inserts to engraving.
Handles are plastic. The shape of the handles can be any, the main thing is that it is convenient for you, not so important, the button will be or a bracket.
The handles are mounted either on both sides, or only with external. Doors for niches differ in their form, which affects not only the process of their installation, but also on the visual component. For a small bathroom, a successful choice will be symmetric square doors, and rounded options will also fit well.
Another noticeable detail can be a frame canvas door. Frameless doors may look as minimal as possible. Frame – easier to install and able to drastically change the design. Color Metal Profile – Black, Chrome, Nickel and T. D. Must fit into the overall interior bathroom. What can be said about the design of doors in general – they should approach the overall stylist of the room.
How to choose?
- Decisive criteria – durability, reliability and safety. They completely compensate for the costs.
- Door thickness – not less than 4 mm.
- Mounts must be protected from ingestion moisture.
- Fittings and fasteners must be made only from materials that are not exposed to high levels of moisture or having a special coating.
- Policymen are protected from leakage, so they should pay special attention: they must have a compensating temperature expansion clearance. Errors during sealing and installation of the seal are fraught with leaks and unpleasant moments associated with the opening of the door.
- With non-standard forms of niches, think about the options on the order – it will save you time and strength.
- Choosing a swollen door, do not forget to pay attention to whether it opens inwards or outward.
- Think of your bathroom style and pick up the design capable of sut.
The first rule to be followed when installing doors for a shower niche – if not confident in your abilities, contact a specialist. Costs for replacing damaged doors can do much more expensive services. However, the installation of shower doors in most cases is not as complicated. The main thing is to clearly follow all the instructions. Here are two examples of instructions for installing doors.
Installation of swing glass door
Typically, problems with the installation of glass doors does not occur, but still it is not the simplest case for a beginner. First of all, it is necessary to carefully examine the instructions and prepare the entire necessary tool that will be useful in the process, in the form: level, screwdriver, bits and screwdrivers, the required format, dried, marker, construction pencil, silicone, clamps, hexagon keys. After that it is important to check the completeness of doors and fittings. Only if everything is in place, you can start work.
- First step – Performing the positioning of the position of the vertical guide on the partition. It is important to be as attentive as possible, because it is precisely on these notes that the holes will be drilled in which after the dowel is inserted – it will be the next step. To increase the reliability of such a design, you can pour the resulting holes with liquid nails.
- The remaining side must be treated with a sealant, which is sold in any construction store. After that, you can install and fasten the guide to which the door itself is inserted.
- Check the coincidence of the loops with the holes made and secure them with clamps. Start the installation of the door’s response and mark the profile position. It is important that it is located in the same plane with carrier.
- After that, it is necessary to make marks on the opposite wall and drill holes on them, which will be inserted in the future. The reverse plane is also processed by a sealant, then the element is tightly fixed by dowels.
- Now you can do the installation of the handle to which you need to purchase silicone lining. When the handles are in place, you need to start installing the bottom plate.
- The latest step is to check the functionality of the door. If any problems arise, the door position is easily regulated by screws.
Installation of the sliding glass door
Re-read the instructions several times and check whether all the items are in which state they are. It is important to do this before it became possible to start the installation.
- First, determine where the top and bottom of the glass are located. This is done in two ways: by number of holes – at the top of them is usually greater, and on the width of the panels – the upper wider.
- Make up (you can use laser or bubble) hole markings for vertical profile on the wall and drill them with a drill suitable for the wall material. The size of the drill must be approached by the size of the dowels. The correct size of the size is most often indicated on the package with fasteners.
- Plastic parts of the dowel driven into the wall, the vertical profile is attached to them. After that, set up the profiles of the fixing horizontal guide elements.
- Repeat these operations for the opposite side of the niches and start installing the web in the profile.
- Generate rubber seal. At the bottom of the canvas, secure special stops, given the location of the glass. Take the most carefully to this operation!
- Remove the limiters from the top profile and install the mounting nodes on the glass. After that, the limiters return back. Jump special gaskets on the top edge of the glass to protect them from erasing, and after fasten the horizontal profile. Brackets are installed in it.
- The door must be placed in fastening nodes and fix with bolts and gaskets. After performing this procedure, check the reliability of the fixation and ease of the door.
- To the housing of the rollers, it is necessary to attach the limiter on top, and put on the side edges to wear silicone seals. Now you can start installing door handles and decor doors – holes for hardware are hiding under the plugs, and the bottom profile is strengthened.
- After that, it is necessary to apply antibacterial silicone on the profile and check the functionality and quality of the door.