Repair is a very complicated and monetary procedure. As a rule, there are many questions about the process, and if the repairs applies to the premises where water supply is required, their number increases many times. Our article is devoted to one of the most popular Plumbing Elements – the Wall Mixer.
At the moment, the plumbing market has a large selection of mixers for every taste and interior of the bathroom or kitchen. Consider how they are divided at the installation site.
- Built-in models. Mixers of this type are embedded in the design of the bath or sink. There are manufacturers that produce equipment for the bathroom already with a connector for mounting the mixer, where you just install the crane. But such options are inconvenient because the whole design of water supply, pipes and other elements are fixed in space under the sink and occupy a lot of space.
- Wall-mounted models. Mixers of this type are mounted directly into the wall. At the same time, all auxiliary structures remain in the wall, and it looks pretty aesthetic and compact.
- Outdoor models. Their difference from the two previous mixers is the form and method of installation. The outdoor version is one or two racks, which are installed directly to the floor, and the mixer itself is mounted on them.
Consider the most used and practical type of mixers – wall. Like all of those listed above, it has a separation by the mechanism of water mixing before serving it in the crane. From this depends the speed of setting and ease of use.
- Single-art. Such a mixer has a shut-off mechanism in the form of a bowl or ceramic cartridge. In the first embodiment, a hollow steel ball is used, which has three holes, two of which are responsible for the supply of hot and cold water, and the third is the outlet for the supply of mixed water directly to the crane. The temperature is adjusted by changing the diameter of the holes, which is controlled by the position of the lever.
- Two-dense. In this case, the locking mechanism may have a form of either a ceramic valve or crane. When the crane turns, the piston begins to act on the gasket, as a result of which the hole is opened or overlaps the water supply. When the ceramic valve turns, the plate movement occurs on their own. This option is considered fairly outdated, but it does not lose its popularity to this day. All this thanks to a rather low price and a simple setting mechanism.
- Portion. This design is driven by a button that contains a device. After it is pressed during a short temporary gap, water is fed to the crane. Most often, the model of this type is used in public areas with the calculation of water saving.
Thermostats, electronic and other types of mixers are used extremely rare due to the high cost and complexity of structures.
So that the mixer does not upset you and served as long as possible, it is necessary to carefully approach the choice of material from which it will be manufactured. Consider the most practical options.
- Brass. Considering the fact that various impurities may be present in the water, as well as lime deposits, copper and zinc alloy becomes good material for manufacture. It is soft enough, but at the same time sustainable to all of the above factors. It is also worth considering that at present the wall mixers consisting only of brass, there is almost no remaining on the market, but the material is often used when creating parts or, for example, directly for the case.
- Stainless steel. The use of this material is aimed at creating specific parts for water adjustment and fastening systems. As a material for using the body, steel is rare, because it does not have durability.
- Chromium. This material, like brass, is very resistant to corrosion and impurities, and is also not subject to erosion when using modern cleaning products. This is one of the most environmentally friendly materials. Most often, chromium is used or for coating, or for the manufacture of the mixers themselves.
- Ceramics. Modern material that is not subject to all types of corrosion does not cause allergic reactions, resistant to water and cleaning agents.
There are other materials used for the manufacture of wall mounted mixers, such as graphite, composite and T. D.
How to choose?
Most of the time in the kitchen is held just in the sink area. That is why it is worth paying increased attention to the choice of all its elements, including the wall mixer. When choosing a model, you must first decide on the design of the spout that you need. For example, if two sinks are placed in the kitchen, then the M-shape or special is suitable, and both options should have an angle of rotation at least 140 degrees.
There are also models of mixers with such forms as traditional, arcuate and straight. Do not forget that the mixers may have both short and long islets. Their length is usually varied, depending on the features of the use and requests of the customer.
Modern mixers may include also switches that carry water to the dishwasher or washing machine. And also present the possibility of obtaining already filtered water from under the tap. The kitchen can be equipped with another new product – a bottom valve that allows one touch opening or close the drain hole.
In any apartment, the bathroom is not just a room for maintaining body hygiene. Her interior must please the eye no less than the situation of any other room. Therefore, it is so important to choose a mixer that will harmoniously combine with the other technique and accessories.
Most of the bathrooms for the bath include a tap and a shower watering can (with a flexible hose). They can be both combined into a single design and mounted on the wall separately. The most common option is a combined mixer for a bath and sink, it includes one crane, which can move by rotation to the space in front of the sink or bathroom, as well as a wandaw blade. This option is ideal for rooms with a very small area, it saves a place and increases the functionality of its use.
Another interesting view – a mixer mounted in the wall. This is the same wall version, but with elements of hidden installation: on the surface it has only a lever for regulating water, a crane and a watering can, the hose of which also hides in the wall. This is the most modern and aesthetic kind of mixer.
- The mixer is better to buy in specialized stores, there you can always get a competent consultation of the seller for the question of interest.
- Before buying a mixer, you must measure the most important parameters of plumbing, such as the width of the sink and the estimated height to install the device. Then, when you choose, you will know exactly the desired length of the gland and approximately represent what mixer you need.
- If you plan to install a mixer in a small room, and your place to install is very limited, then it is worth thinking about buying a one-dimensional version with a side location of the lever. This option is practical and will take very little space.
- If you purchase a single-dimensional option, it is best to get a filter with it, for example, coarse cleaning, otherwise the cartridge will serve a very short period of time.
- If the kitchen on which the mixer should be installed is not very big, then you will be more suitable for a wall-mounted version with compact expulsion. Such a model will not require a spacious shell and a large space.
- When buying a mixer, it is worth paying attention to whether a mounting system is included with it. The service life of wall mixers increases significantly if the attachments are made of high-quality materials, on such fasteners, as a rule, a warranty is issued.
- Do not save on plumbing elements, including mixers. But it is worth being careful when buying expensive models and familiar with the instruction manual.
- Purchasing a mixer in the store, it is worth paying attention not to the cost of equipment, but for its weight. Quality models made from brass are most practical, but have more weight compared to the medium quality faucet.
If you have already decided on a wall-mounted mixer for a washbasin or bathroom and purchased it, then the next step will be its installation. The product itself may be cast or consist of collapsible parts. If the case is cast, then only levers, cartridges, cranes and islets are removed.
Precast mixers have the greatest functionality, But the percentage of failure is higher. Installing the mixer in the kitchen or in the bathroom will not require any additional skills from you, but it is necessary to make sure the working and reliability of the pipes, the knee or the watering hose to which the device will be attached. In the bathroom, very often install a two-way or one-dimensional version with a hygienic shower.
As for the color scheme, chrome mixers are considered the most popular, but you can choose more original bronze color models, black and t. D.
On how to install a wall mixer, look in the following video.