Most bathrooms in the apartment can not boast of the spaciousness, because of which the owners have to be responsible to choose a heated towel rail. Correctly selected in size, the model “does not steal” space, it will harmoniously fit into the interior of a small room, will help reduce humidity and thereby prevents the appearance of fungus and mold.
Solutions with shelves, folding structures, variants from brass, stainless steel from domestic and foreign manufacturers – The market presents hundreds of heated towel rails. Because of the large range, make the right choice difficult. Let’s try to figure out the variety of models and help you understand what kind of coil is suitable for you.
Bathroom – room in which it is not necessary without an additional source of heat. These include a heated towel rail. With it, you can maintain the optimal temperature mode, dry wet towels and other things. The small heated towel rail for the bathroom will be the perfect solution for small rooms in which it is important to use every free centimeter.
Here are the main advantages of compact models.
- Large assortment of domestic and foreign heated towel rails. There are products with various indicators of constructive performances, functionality and other parameters. You can quickly find a solution that will satisfy both according to specifications, and in terms of cost.
- External impeccability. Most models are able to harmoniously fit into any interior, beautifully arrange an empty wall in the bathroom. You can find designer decisions on sale, some companies make instruments to order, given each client’s requirement.
- Easy mounting. Small coils due to low weight easy to install.
The disadvantages of compact heating devices include the impossibility of placing all the desired textiles for drying.
Views and models
There are many varieties of coils. They differ in the type of work, a constructive solution, manufacturing materials. Consider every kind of more detail.
By the type of heating source
The devices are water, electrical and combined. The first are intended for the cutting into the system of hot water supply. The advantages of such models include their cheapness, reliability and durability. They are easy to connect to the heating system or DHW. When the hot water is disconnected, such a serpent becomes cold – this is his main drawback.
Electrical models depend on electrical energy. So that the device is heated, it needs to be connected to a power outlet 220 V. Such devices are easy to install, they do not require connection to the DHW system, differ in mobility.Many models support autonomous operation: due to timers and temperature regulators, you can set optimal heating mode settings.
Combined coils are connected to the DHW system, but they can work from the electrical network. Their main disadvantages include high cost compared to previous types of devices, limited collections.
Because of these features, combined coils are not popular among consumers.
Models are different in constructive execution.
- Folding. Such heated towel rails are equipped with a special transformation mechanism, due to which they do not occupy a lot of space.
- Hinged. Such instruments are available in different sizes and shapes. They are P-shaped, m-shaped, in the form of a ladder, with angular or streamlined forms. Often there are models with shelves, which can be placed to dry shoes, gloves, scarves and more. Interesting swivel structures: they are equipped with a special mechanism, allowing to deploy individual elements of the coil of 180 degrees.
- Outdoor. They are designed to accommodate on the floor. There are water and electric.
By material manufacturing
For the production of small heated towel rails, stainless or black steel, various non-ferrous metals are most often used. Stainless steel models are considered the most reliable and durable. Due to the polishing, the outer layer of products acquires a mirror glitter. Stainless steel solutions are not subject to corrosion, they are available in the price plan. These disadvantages include problematic connection.
The products made of black steel are less durable due to rapid rust (this also applies to snakes that are not processed by anti-corrosion coating). Their disadvantages also include a rigorous appearance. Such models often cover paint, they are unlikely to become a spectacular interior item. Among their advantages, budget is celebrated – such models will cost the buyer cheaper than others.
Brass or bronze can be used for the production of heated towel railways from non-ferrous metals. They are characterized by good thermal conductivity indicators, rapid heating and corrosion resistance.
Another of their important plus – a small weight. Due to the small mass, the instruments can be placed on the “fragile” facing.
To the main lack of copper and brass coils referred to their high cost.
Criterias of choice
When buying a small heated towel rail, you need to pay attention to a number of important nuances.
- Type of equipment. What model to choose (water, electrical or combined) will depend on the installation location of the heater and the desire to have a stationary or mobile device.
- Material of manufacture. Optimal heated towel rails in the ratio of reliability, durability and cost are made of stainless steel.
- Connection method, riser diameters and inter-axis distances. If an incorrect selection will have to provide adapters that increase the risks of leaks.
- Anti-corrosion coating. Skeins will be used in high humidity conditions, so preference is best to give models with corrosion treatment.
- Manufacturer. For products of promoted brands will have to pay more expensive. You should choose instruments for pocket.
When buying a heating device, require the sellers of the quality certificate and technical documentation. In the passport it should be indicated, for which the pressure is calculated by the heated towel rail and which system you need to connect it (DHW or to the heating system).