- Basic Rules
- Heating system
- Hot water system
- Possible circle schemes
- Circulative hot water supply
- Tepique hot water supply
- Private house and boiler room with boiler
- Incorrect connection schemes
- Step-by-step installation instructions
- Tools and materials
- Dismantling of an old heated towel rail
- Installation of bypass and cranes
- Mounting coil to the wall
- Nuances of installation of electrical models
- Combined heated towel rails
- Useful advice
Heated towel rail in the bathroom – the subject is so familiar to us that there are practically no questions about its use. Up to the moment when it is required to replace it. Suddenly it turns out that the installation of a heated towel rail and its normal functioning is associated with a bunch of nuances, which no one thinks about. Let’s try to figure it out.
The first thing you need to take care of the installation or replacement of the heated towel rail – observance of all SNiP, T. E. Construction standards and rules. Based on them, you can select the following moments, which should not be forgotten:
- On heated towel rails there must be a system for disconnecting water supply;
- The heated towel rail must be at a distance of at least 60 cm from other plumbers;
- from gender to the bottom of the device should be at least 90 cm;
- When installing several towel rails, the installation step between them should also be at least 90 cm.
When buying a device, it is necessary to correlate the pressure in the plumbing pipes in your home with the one for which a fabricated device.
The first thing you need to understand is – What to connect the device. In houses without a central water supply option One – to the heating system. If there is a choice, then the pros and cons of both options should be taken into account.
- It is possible to connect in houses without central water supply;
- The device combines the functions of the radiator and the heated towel rail;
- Simple in connection.
- does not work when the heating is disabled;
- can “overheat” the room.
Hot water system
- You can adjust the operation of the device;
- Functions all year round.
- Not available everywhere;
- More difficult to install.
Decide in advance with the view of the heated towel rail. In addition to the type of fastening and heating, they differ in their appearance:
- Zmeeviki – the most familiar, classic type of device, familiar to many since childhood;
- Lestenki – relatively new, but very convenient for drying linen format;
- Corner heated towel rails – Variation of the ladder, occupying less space and allowing rational to use the space of small-sized bathrooms.
Diffuse devices and by the material from which they are made.
- Aluminum – The most economical models, not bad transmitting heat.
- Steel – heavier, more expensive aluminum, but also more reliable, especially if stainless steel are made. To the variants of black steel masters are cautious.
- Copper – Have excellent heat transfer and interesting, albeit specific appearance.
- Ceramic – the option that appeared on the market recently. The most expensive, but both in design and in terms of characteristics are in many ways.
Possible circle schemes
There are several permissible diagrams of towel rails. It should be immediately noted that the schemes acceptable to connect the device to the water supply system in private and apartment buildings can differ significantly. So, consider the basic options for how to mount the towel rail in the bathroom.
Water heated towel rail can be connected below the listed paths.
- Floor – This type is suitable for apartments and houses with a large bathroom. It is permissible to use the collapsible system for connecting the heated towel rail to the main pipe. Unfortunately, this type is less effective.
- Side – When the eyeliner is carried out on the left or right of the riser.
- Diagonal – best suited for those water supply systems that do not have a strong water pressure. Provide good circulation.
On the side and diagonal systems on Bypass you can not put a lock fittings, t. To. It may affect the circulation in the total riser. The diameter of the pipe, which is recommended for these types of fastening, is 3/4 inches for steel pipes or 25 mm for polypropylene pipes.
Now consider ways to connect on the basis of the specific conditions in which it will be performed.
Circulative hot water supply
The variant described in the joint venture 30.13330.2012. In this situation, heated towel rails need to be connected to feed pipelines. When installing the bypass and shock fittings, a connection to circulation risers is allowed.
Tepique hot water supply
In this case, the connection is carried out between the liner of hot water and the riser, and an embossing crane is mounted on the dryer.
Private house and boiler room with boiler
The most controversial option, where for different systems to ensure the house of hot water – different nuances of connecting the coil. But it is through it that we will move on to how it is impossible to connect heated towel rails.
Incorrect connection schemes
Most often questions arise when a boiler is installed in an apartment or house. It is important to remember – the connection of the heated towel railway directly to the boiler is extremely undesirable! This method will not be able to ensure the necessary heating indicators, T. To. This requires running hot water, and the boiler will not be able to guarantee its permanent availability.
Connecting the serpentine in this case is possible only if the gas boiler with a boiler is installed, and constant water circulation is carried out between them.
Another error is often allowed in cases where you need to install a towel rail to drywall. If you decide to fasten the device on a decorated tile of a plasterboard wall, you need to use only special dowels and extremely carefully take advantage of the weight and dimensions of the device when choosing it.
Step-by-step installation instructions
Put a serpentine with your own hands if you already have experience of sanitary work and you are confident in your abilities. In this case, the following is an instruction with which you can connect the device correctly.
Tools and materials
First we decide with the necessary set of tools and fasteners. For installation you will need:
- threaded tool;
- apparatus for pipe welding or soldering iron;
- pipe key;
- adjustable key;
- Ball Valves;
- reinforcement for patching bypass;
- Connectant mounts for coils.
The minimum equipment of the scenery itself should include:
- the pipe itself;
- shut-off knots;
Mounts for coils should be discussed separately. They are a few species.
- Dear fasteners. Monolithic brackets first fastening to the pipe and then – to the wall together with the whole design. The least convenient option.
- Connecting fasteners. The system of fasteners consisting of 2 elements: the first is attached to the pipe, the second – to the wall. This facilitates the design and dismantling processes. The most common and convenient option.
- Telescopic fasteners. An option that allows you to change the distance from the wall to the serpentine and used primarily when using electrical models of the device.
Dismantling of an old heated towel rail
First you need to remove the old device. Before this, be sure to overlap the supply of hot water and drop water out of the system. At this stage, it is better to seek help from the employees of the housing system, and not to produce independently manipulation with hot water riser.
Next, depending on the status of the mounts, you need to either unscrew the nuts, or cut off the coil with a grinder. In advance to take care of the package and rags for water cleaning.
When cutting the old pipe, save it part. New thread will be done on it.
In the event that there was no other serial, you need to select a place to install it, after which it has already been described above manipulation with water output.
With the help of the level of the place of attachment of the coil as follows:
- At the level of the input and outlet holes, the line horizontally;
- Place installation places fasteners.
Installation of bypass and cranes
Install the cranes and bypass to be able to block the water supply to the serpent if necessary and simplify life in the future. You need to install bypass:
- 2 – in the place of docking pipes with the device;
- one – for overlapping the course of water inside bypass.
Mounting coil to the wall
The detachable attachments that are most often placed heated towel rail consist of the following parts:
- Shelf at the base of the bracket with which it is attached to the wall – it is better to choose options calculated on 2 self-pressing and more;
- arm bracket connecting shelf and fixing ring;
- The fixing ring is installed on the coil.
So that the design remains beautiful and reliable, Choose fasteners and methods designed to use indoors with high humidity levels. The number of brackets, depending on the model of the coil, varies from 2 to 6, and for especially heavy models – and more.
The coil is installed strictly by level. Once it is fixed, it is required to run water under low pressure and check whether there are leaks.
With outdoor connection, another scheme is used:
- The installation of the device is consistent with the management company;
- Flooring is removed;
- Floor waterproofing is performed;
- Water supply is turned off;
- If a wall coherent was previously used, it is necessary to close all the old cuts;
- After that, new cuts are formed, the distance between the left and right trimming is calculated;
- Pipes are placed in a special protected channel;
- all threaded compounds are formed;
- The eyeliner does not close the tightness – need a hatch or a removable panel, providing access to it.
Everything that has said concerned water appliances. If you decide to dwell on the electric, then when it is installed, you will be waiting for your nuances. Yes, you do not have to match the device with water supply system, but this does not mean that everything will be simple.
Nuances of installation of electrical models
The first thing to get acquainted is the security of connectivity. For this you need:
- have a rosette with moisture protection – if there is no socket, you will have to spend strength, means and time to install it or remove cables through the wall to another room;
- There is a socket must be at a minimum of 70 cm from the pipes and plumbing;
- ground all contacts;
- determine which the walls of the bathroom there is a condensate accumulation;
- Use automatic power off devices.
Among other things, it should be remembered that such devices consume quite a lot of electricity.
Separate mention deserve heated towel rails with hidden direct connections. When choosing such a model, it disappears the need to install a socket, the risk of moisture is reduced in place of connection. But the installation of such a device should only produce a specialist.
Combined heated towel rails
Curious option of the heated towel rail – a combined type device. In essence, this is a water heated towel rail, one of the collectors of which the TEN. Such a design ensures uninterrupted device operation even when heating or hot water is disconnected.
- Always when choosing correlated the size of the device and the bathroom, as well as the diameter of the pipes.
- When buying, do not forget about the passport and warranty card.
- Materials should be preferred by stainless steel or chrome brass. Options from black steel is better to avoid, t. To. they are more expensive, rust faster, they have higher risk of leakage.
- If you receive a high price tag for you and the design is important – pay attention to the models from ceramics.
- Consider that the installation of suture pipes increases the risk of leakage.
- After fixing the device Never forget about trial launch. It will help avoid mass problems.
- In case you are not confident in your abilities, instruct the installation of specialists. It will save you from the problems of you and your neighbors.
Observe all the rules for installing the device, follow the tips on its choice, and then the heated towel rail will not only use the most useful detail of your bathroom, but also with her decoration. But the main thing – he will last long and will not give you problems.
More about installing a heated towel rail, see the video below.