The modern building market presents a huge selection of building materials that will make the design of any apartment practical, beautiful and unique. For example, wooden 3D panels are increasingly used to cover the walls today, which are an improved version of conventional decorative panels from a wood array. Below is an overview of this finishing material.
3D panels are planks of the same size with a varying pattern of various characters. Design elements usually have a rectangle or square shape. After installation, individual planks form a single beautiful canvas, and the locations of the parts remain almost invisible. To reduce the cost of the panels, their base and the front side are made from different materials. For example, for the base, the fane or MDF is most often selected, which are treated with special compositions to improve their characteristics.
For the external side of the bulk panels, natural wood is usually chosen: ash, oak, bold wood and other environmentally friendly materials.
All parts of the planks are equipped with special fasteners, which guarantees a dense connection of parts among themselves. In addition, such a fastener technology greatly facilitates and speeds up the installation process. Modern volumetric panels are characterized by a long service life – sometimes for the maximum durability of the panel cover with a layer of special wax, as well as environmental safety and a large variety of colors, textures and sizes. However, the cost of such a finishing material is quite high.
Internal wall decoration such as material looks great in any interior, gives it comfort, luxury and originality.
Technical characteristics of modules:
- width – 400 mm;
- Length – 200 mm;
- thickness – 8-15 mm;
- weight of 1 kV. M – 6 kg.
Panel parameters may differ depending on what material they are made.
Types of 3D wood panels
Panels are divided into two groups depending on the type of fasteners and features of production.
- Shield. On the planets of such panels, the fasteners are fixed in advance on plane base plates with a predetermined distance along the edge, which will serve as a docking seam if there are no fasteners on the panels with a certain interval.
- Collected by connecting individual fragments. Such planks are going on the segment of the wall. All parts step by step form an assembly of elements and fixed on the supporting structure. In this case, wood texture is created during the installation process. By external characteristics, this option is no different from the first.
- Mosaic based on the grid. Such panels are created from a variety of small wooden pieces, which eventually be connected to a beautiful composition like a ceramic mosaic. This type of finish can be used not only in living rooms and bedrooms, but also in the bathroom, bath and even sauna.
- Flatbed or end-made. For the manufacture of the relief of the first version of the panels, a prepared timber or “round” is used, which is cut perpendicular to the tree trunk. As a result, panels are obtained with protruding elements that are externally similar to the composition of pixels. The second option implies a decorative panel created from long sections of wood barrel. Boards are divided into small fragments, then the overview is performed and its fit. This type of panels are ideal for wide walls that look even more due to the features of its structure.
Pros and cons
Volume panels have many advantages:
- Aesthetics. The decoration of walls or ceilings of the Tree-panels is instantly transforms any space: it immediately becomes more beautiful and interesting. This finish effectively emphasizes good taste of apartment owner. Modern technologies allow you to choose any drawing, tint and finishing. You can add panels with leather, textiles, glass or imitate honeycombs. You can still order these panels with illumination.
- Ecology. Under the conditions of modernity, it is especially important to pay attention to the environment, take care of her. Since the wooden panels are made of natural material, they are absolutely safe for human health and all living things. Natural tree does not provoke exacerbation of allergic reactions, and therefore such panels can be mounted even in the bedroom and children’s room.
- Durability. If you correctly install the panels with a wizard or even with your own hands, they will serve for quite a long time. After all, everyone knows that the tree is one of the most durable materials, so these bulk panels will delight the owner of housing not one ten years.
- Practicality. You do not have to spend a large amount of time to care for the finish – it is sometimes enough to wipe the surround panels to remove dust from them. Manufacturers recommend from time to time rub the design with special wax to give straps shine and increase their resistance to external influence.
- Moisture resistance. Unlike flat panels, the bulk options are significantly better opposed to moisture – they do not deteriorate and do not deform from water. This is due to the fact that in the production of the design details are covered with a special laminating film, and also treated with water-repellent impregnation.
Such panels can perfectly hide wires, pipes or ventilation system. To do this, it is necessary to prepare a frame design, inside which will be wiring, and on top to close it with decorative panels.
Despite the large number of advantages, such panels have several minuses. For example, before choosing such a material for finishing your home, you should pay attention to the fact that it is strongly susceptible to atmospheric vibrations: any changes in temperature or humidity can affect the external data of the entire design. In addition to this factor, there is another drawback: their relatively high cost. However, it relates to a larger panels that are fully made of a natural wood array.
But for those who want to save, there is an excellent alternative. It is worth choosing hybrid structures that are made of natural wood and, for example, from MDF. You can also stop your choice on panels that are fully made of cheaper raw materials: bamboo, plywood, MDF or chipboard. Analogs of wooden ZD-panels are very popular, which are made of pressed bamboo. Externally, they practically do not differ from the real tree, however, it is much cheaper.
It should also be remembered that if you need to install frame structures, the volume of free space in the room will be reduced. But if you use glue to fix panels, then the useful area will not disappear.
Tips for choosing
When choosing wooden 3D planks, you should navigate several parameters:
- General interior style. It is important that the materials fit in color and successfully complemented the design of the room, and did not contradict him.
- Quality material. Do not save on the planks – because if their price is quite high, then in the ratio with their service life, it becomes not a waste of money, but a profitable investment.
- Purpose of the room. For ordinary residential or office spaces, panels are suitable from any material. However, if you need to decorate with decorative planks of a room with high humidity, it is necessary to select the appropriate type of material for this that corresponds to the operating conditions.
Decorative panels with the effect of the CD – a real find for designers. If you correctly install the design, you can create a unique effect.
Below are several photos with various types of finishes.
Vertical lines visually increase the height of the walls.
Ipell a log gives freshness and originality to the room.
Unusual forms perfectly divert the classic interior. Such strips will become an unforgettable “highlight” in the design of the room.
A few more creative ideas for the design of walls with three-dimensional planks.
Beautiful design ideas
The following are concrete examples of the design of different interior using wooden 3D-panels of various types:
In this version, the wall becomes a real “highlight” room. And it is despite the color of the material, because it is very modest. Classical furniture in combination with the original wall covering gives a stunning result.
In this case, the design becomes an impersonation of the beautiful taste of the owner of the room. Restrained, elegant and incredibly stylish version of the design.
Similar wall decoration, undoubtedly, will attract a lot of views. Walls are decorated with wooden planks that have different size. Due to this, a very unusual visual effect is created: the size and shape of the walls are literally blurred.
This is another option of elegant and beautiful room design. The noble color of the natural tree in combination with an unusual volumetric texture turns the living room in a classic style into a room with elements of the present art.
Example of a successful and spectacular design of a wall with planks. Color planks can be the most different.
What are the specifications of wooden 3D panels exist, see the following video.