Wallpapers are the most used material for wall decoration. Considering the popularity of classic tones, on the basis of different stylistics often used white wallpaper. This decor element is able to perform several tasks at once. The first and basic function is to decorate the walls and the ceiling (if we are talking about the ceiling versions). The second function is a neat and pleasant background for furniture and various decorative elements that will look clear and expressively on the white canvas.
It is worth noting that white wallpapers have certain characteristic features, at the expense of which they have gained tremendous popularity:
- White color is a classic. He is always relevant and does not go out of fashion.
- Pattern, Print and any other drawing on white wallpaper has a special attractive view. If you want to highlight a picture or photo, on a white canvase, it will not remain invisible.
- This color is perfectly combined with various shades, whether it is bright paints, pastel tones or dark colors.
If you fear that the interior with white walls will become boring and monotonous, you can combine the finish with other wallpaper and other elements. Designers are also offered to use snow-white wallpaper with various textures and decorations (pattern, embossing, print, etc.).
Pros and cons
Specialists from the area of decoration of premises amounted to several advantages of using white wallpaper in the interior:
- From a psychological point of view, the color has a positive effect on the emotional state. The pastime in the room with white walls will help get rid of tension, remove stress and tune in positive thoughts.
- Light paints create in the room light, air, light and fresh atmosphere. In addition, they visually increase the volume of the room. This advantage will be especially useful in compact apartments.
- White wallpapers can be used in any room of a residential building. In the bedroom there will be a good one-photon finish or an option with a neat pattern, configuring on vacation. For the corridor, you can choose products with stripes, and for a kitchen with a large print.
- White color will complement absolutely any color, regardless of its saturation and temperature. For these designers and fell in love with white wallpaper.
- If you correctly choose the texture and material of the product, this finish will harmoniously fit into almost any style of the interior. White wallpaper will harmoniously fit into classic, modern, ethnic and any other directions.
- Wallpaper in painting Even after a while after sticking, you can paint in any color, thereby converting the decor of the room.
Despite the large number of advantages, this option has its own drawbacks:
- The first minus of the choice of snow-white wallpaper – they are faster than the remaining color options. It’s no secret that on a bright background of spots and various contaminants are much more noticeable than on a bright or dark canvase.
- So as not to overstate the room with light, use a white finish in southern rooms at home. If necessary, it should be balanced interior with dark objects. Otherwise, the brightness will strain the eye and negatively affect the psychological state of the person.
- Wallpaper in white tone possess reflective effect. Thus, if they put a gray sofa on their background, a shadow spot appeared on the canvas. The feeling of evaints, aged wallpaper will be created.
It is worth noting that all of the above disadvantages can be avoided if it is properly to choose a version of the product, organize comfortable lighting in the room and competently combine this type of finishing material with furniture, finishing and other decorative elements.
Types and textures
All commercially available white wallpaper differ in texture, material and other parameters. Consider the types of this finishing material and their characteristic features.
This species is the most common and widely used since it appeared in the domestic market. Wallpapers for this type have an affordable price that has played an important role in the popularity of the product.
In turn, paper products are divided into such subspecies:
- Simplex. Single-layer option. There are both smooth and embossed models with convex patterns. Products with embossed or convex ornaments are actively used. Embossed patterns add a canvas of expressiveness, volume and attractiveness.
- Duplex. Double wallpapers created by pressing two layers of paper. One of them acts as the basis, and the second is decorative. Their main advantage – light resistance.
- Photo wallpaper. The decoration of this type was at the peak of popularity 10-15 years ago, but now the Werdy Glory is returned to them. If earlier on the canvase depicted still lifes, landscapes and other items, now the products are often decorated with images of natural materials and abstraction.
Wall mural in white can visually imitate various coatings. Wavy products under the skin, stone or board. Quality products look most realistic. Images for Venetian plaster enjoy great popularity.
Experts from the sector of premises declare that this species began to gain popularity in the past few years. They are made of two layers. Used paper and phlizelin. Glossy and matte coatings are presented to buyers.
Variety of vinyl coatings:
- Foamed vinyl. Products have a bulk rough texture. Such options are often decorated with rhinestones and sparkles.
- Kitchen (thick) vinyl. It has a smooth texture. Some canvases – glossy. Due to this surface, it is easy to clean. For kitchen rooms choose washable options.
- Silkography. This option changes color depending on the angle of falling sunlight. Due to the structure and composition, they have increased resistance to erasure.
White textile wallpapers attract attention with stylish and refined appearance. Fabrics from natural raw materials or threads made of natural or mixed fibers are fixed.
The basis of this product is the fiber of the same name. Out of it applies foamed vinyl, creating bulk and structural drawings. Patterns can contrast on a light background or merge in a single gamma.
This option has a lot of common with foamed vinyl models, only instead of vinyl in production is used acrylic. As a result, stylish and embossed canvas are obtained.
Products from special composition of minerals. Before use, raw materials are carefully processed.
In structure, this is not a web, but a mixture based on natural components with the addition of glue. After applying, white liquid wallpaper is frozen, decorating the wall textured and stylish finish. Their main advantage is a light restoration if necessary, and given the fact that spots, dents and other defects are very noticeable on the bright canvase, this parameter is very useful.
Natural wallpapers are manufactured using natural components applied to the basis of paper.
- Linker. Wallpaper of two components: paper and layer of mastic (chlorvinyl, laneoxic and other).
- Cork. Such wallpapers will be added to the interior of Nature and Nature. This environmentally friendly material is ideal for housekeeping in which allergies live.
- Bamboo. Cloths made of natural split bamboo.
By type of placement Wallpapers are ceiling and wall. White colors of this type are wonderful on the basis of the same room. If the bright finish is selected for a large room, it is recommended to choose a meter wallpaper.
For the convenience of buyers and a faster blowing process, manufacturers offer self-adhesive wallpapers, but the choice of such crafts is strongly limited.
Prints and decor
It is time to consider the diversity of white wallpaper. White canvas often complement various elements. They give the product a special appearance.
Monophonic – the most common option. They are ideal for modern stylistics where rigidity and conciseness is important. For High-tech you can choose crystal white glossy wallpaper.
Drawings adorning the canvas in light colors, huge many.
The most common:
- Geometric shapes (with circles, squares and other elements).
- Ethnic ornament of various topics.
Images can be voluminous (relief) or smooth. Products of this type are used on the basis of different stylistics. White wallpaper with silver pattern or gold will become an excellent addition to chic classic decors. Products with abstract inscriptions or geometric pattern are harmoniously fit into extraordinary styles. Frames with small or large pattern make up the lion’s share of products.
Silver canvas have a cold temperature, and golden elements – warm elements. Consider this when combined with wallpapers with other elements in the interior.
Models with stripes are often used to visually change the size of the room. Strips in the horizontal direction will make the room wider and longer. Vertical striped prints make ceilings above. So that the effect is stronger, the additional element is chosen in a bright color. The red and white stripes are spectacular, as well as products with yellow, orange, purple and other patterns.
Wallpaper in polka dot, small or large, use for decorating various rooms. Modern manufacturers offer a huge range of this finish option.
Colorful prints are wonderful looking at the trim in white tones. For the nursery, you can choose products with butterflies, animals or flower. Also for this location will fit wallpaper with stars, which are glowing in the dark.
It is worth noting that the products decorated with flowers are ideal for decorating various rooms. If you want, you can add a colorful element with poppies to the decor – bright and colorful bootons.
To create a romantic effect, select a model with blue colors, violet (choose tender shades, for example, lilac and lavender), pink, blue and other paints.
As a rule, relief wallpapers are decorated with rhinestones and sparkles. Such products are chosen for registration of glamor stylistics and classical directions.
Each combination of colors creates a certain effect. White in combination with green or turquoise will create an atmosphere of freshness and naturalness. Duet with beige adds a slowness of tenderness. With brown – classic combination of snow-white with natural wood color. Pearl canvas, due to reflection rays, fill the room with light and delight.
Methods combinations of two species
White wallpapers can be combined in various ways:
- With photo wallpapers. If you want to highlight on a general background with a picture on the photo wallpaper, place it on the wall in a duet with white walls.
- Companions. Wallpapers combined with other types of cloths – modern and stylish reception. On the basis of the same room, two different coatings are used, which complement and at the same time emphasize each other.
- Vertical. Wallpaper with different textures are connected in the vertical plane. It may also be a tandem of monochromatic options with products decorated with drawings and prints.
- Horizontal. The method similar to the above, only the products are connected in the horizontal plane.
- Insert. On the wall, decorate decorative inserts from wallpaper. Given the huge range, buyers offer a huge variety of wallpapers in white color. Inserting with a print can play the role of the picture.
Wallpaper in white can be used on the basis of different directions, whether classic or modern decors.
- Minimalism and High Tech. Monthly wallpaper – the best choice for concise and reserved interiors.
- Classic. Products with golden or silver patterns perfectly fit into classic decors. Figure can be smooth or volumetric. Such canvas will be particularly elegant in the living room, hall or bedroom. In certain embodiments, the canvas with a bright pattern will be suitable. Red, burgundy or purple ornament will create in the living room of a chic and nobility.
- Loft. In this case, photographic walls with the image of white boiled boards or bricks are ideal.
- Provence. White canvas with floral pattern will complement the French stylistics.
- WITHCanda style. White walls in this direction – the most common design. Best choice – monophonic snow-white canvas.
Carefully choose the pattern size on the canvas. For compact premises, it is recommended to choose products with a small pattern for spacious – on the contrary.
With what to combine?
Experts allocate two main reception:
- Contrast. The name speaks for itself. Bright canvases are harmonized with wenge color furniture. This wood variety has a saturated dark color, which is advantageous underlined on a snow-white background. You can also choose a trim under the dark floor (linoleum, parquet, laminate and any other coating).
- Merger. Select the walls for the walls under the furniture – a common designer reception. Furniture in bright color combined with white walls fills the room with light and ease. So that the interior does not become faded, it needs to be supplemented with a dark or bright element, for example, a plinth, eaves or burglar. You can also place a picture on the wall in bright colors.
If some repairs are already made in the room, you can pick up the wallpaper under the stretch ceiling, floor or combine with doors.
The modern market offers a huge selection of products. High-quality products from abnains are especially valued – the production of Germany, France, Italy, Spain and other European countries. Considering the versatility and the popularity of white canvases, their manufacturers are engaged in all firms, leading activities in the wallpaper production segment.
Domestic companies are also not lagging behind foreign firms. Russian firms produce a huge range of wallpapers in bright tone. On the store shelves are presented a variety of models – from monophonic canvases to products with bulk products, prints and other elements.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
At the end of the article, consider stylish options in the living room and decorates using light wall decoration in various locations.
- Living room decor in classic style. Chic and sophistication.
- Loft room. White wallpaper under the brick.
- Decor in Khrushchev. Bedroom with snow-white walls.
- White photo wallpapers under the board. Ideal for Loft.
- Bedroom decoration White canvases with black pattern.
- Laconic and minimalized room decoration in the modern direction.
- Strict and discreet design hall in the apartment. The photo shows how white color contrasts expressively with dark shades.
When choosing a material to finish the walls, remember that regardless of its color and stylistics, the product should be high quality. Only in this case, the wallpaper will look wonderfully and will preserve beauty throughout the long life.
How to pick up white wallpapers in the interior, look in the following video.