A tree is a safe, environmentally friendly material that is used for a variety of purposes. High-quality furniture is made of it, build houses and surplus buildings, make decorations and decorative elements for the garden or interior – the list can be continued infinite. But the tree requires a special relationship, it must be treated with special protective compositions. In this article, consider how it is necessary to cover wood to protect it from rotting and exposure to moisture.
What is needed by protecting wood?
The popularity of wood as an environmentally friendly material used in various fields attracts both large manufacturers and ordinary users. But the wood has one feature that it is worth considering. It is slobbing in front of moisture and rotting, therefore it is exposed to special processing.
Before starting working with this natural material, you need to find out for which the reasons for wood needs protective manipulations from human.
- The tree is a material that poorly tolerates contacts with moisture. Most rocks begin to quickly twist and deterue because of this, shortly exposed to the process of rotting.
- Often wooden boards suffer from sudden temperature changes. They can start rolling and deformed.
- Wood can seriously suffer from attacks from various wood parasites – bugs. They devour the natural material, because of which its quality is quickly reduced.
- Susceptible to wood and fungal formations. The same mold, which is often formed in conditions of high humidity, strongly spoils the quality and state of environmentally friendly material.
- The most dangerous for the tree – contact with fire. The material is not only very easy to ignite, but also actively supports the flame.
So that all the listed factors could not spoil or destroy natural material at all, use specialized products, reliably protect wood. After the processing procedure, its operational characteristics and resistance to negative external influences increase sharply. The service life of the tree is significantly increased in the same way as the life of the structures that are made of it.
Often, people neglect the use of protective compounds when erecting structures from wood. As a result of the structure, they quickly begin to lose the former attractiveness and reliability.
What funds are used?
Protective compounds designed specifically for wood are different. They are divided into several categories, each of which provides certain products that have their own features of use. Consider in detail what protective processing agents can demonstrate high efficiency when working with wood.
The most common compositions, distinguished by a pronounced bleaching effect. Use antiseptic solutions It makes sense if it is necessary to handle the design, which has time to lose the pristine attractiveness and aesthetics under the action of aggressive ultraviolet.
If you treat the wood properly selected by antiseptics, it is not only not only formed by mold foci, all sorts of fungi and microorganisms, but also those disputes and larvae will be easily destroyed that there are already at the moment. The main and most important appointment of antiseptics is to qualitative and reliable protection of wooden buildings from biological destruction, rotting.
The most popular and well-proven themselves are the “Reissue”, “Snowball”, “Neomid”, “Tikkurila” and many others.
If the goal is to increase the fire safety of wood, it makes sense to take advantage of antipirens. Otherwise they are called fireproof impregnations. Antipirens may have both aquatic and organic basis.
Antipirens imply the effect of special substances that effectively protect the tree and various wooden structures from the destructive action of fire. Due to the action of such an impregnation that penetrated into the most structure of the material, the pace of spread of the flame is noticeably reduced. Practice has shown that without the use of the treatment under consideration, wooden structures are rapidly destroyed – from the appearance of the first cracks and defects to the full coloration of the structure takes place for only 20 minutes.
Modern universal impregnations for wood use in great demand. These are high-quality compositions that provide fire and biosis. After applying such impregnations, natural material is effectively protected from rapid combustion, and from destruction under the action of biological factors.
Thanks to the unsurpassed quality and democratic value, such drugs as “Pyrolax” and “neomide 450” have won.
The best formulations
You can find a lot of different products, designed to effectively protect wood from various kinds of destruction and deformations. It is not difficult to choose the appropriate composition. Consider an overview of the best mixtures on an example of impregnations intended for external work.
- Tikkurila Eko World. The lesing formulations from the world-famous brand “Tikkurila” were always famous for amazing quality and the highest efficiency. The specified product not only reliably protects natural material from biological destruction, but once again emphasizes its natural structure. Immediately after processing, the tree becomes more resistant to moisture and ultraviolet rays. Almost completely excludes the risk of mold formation and other dangerous fungi. Designs treated with Tikkurila Eko World can serve for a very long time.
- Luxens. The composition with an alkyd base, which is why it has a specific smell, which disappears very quickly, as soon as the impregnation dries on the surface of the tree. Product Luxens boasts economical flow rate. If you apply it on wood, the last long does not lose its attractive structure. Luxens is able to provide the highest degree of protection against biological impacts.
- Pinotex Ultra. This drug is characterized by the fact that it has a special ultraviolet filter. The composition has the ability to penetrate the most deeply into the wood structure. After applying the product of the product under consideration on the tree, a semi-slip transparent film is formed, which ensures reliable protection against atmospheric influences or aggressive rays of the Sun. Pinotex Ultra also enhances wood fire safety parameters.
- Extreme Climate. Universal composition of excellent quality. They can handle almost any tree breeds. If we are talking about the promissory of wooden buildings, you can apply Extreme Climate both inside and outside. As soon as the impregnation turns out to be on the surface of the material, it will immediately become more resistant to the effects of any whims of nature, and will also not deteriorate under the action of ultraviolet rays.
- Dufa Wood Protect. Reliable impregnation that is suitable for wood of any breeds. Does not have a specific alkid smell, so it can be used both for exterior and internal works. The product includes solid wax and natural oils, due to which wooden surfaces are made more wear-resistant and durable. After applying Dufa Wood Protect forms a matte layer, which is able to ensure excellent protection of wood from negative external factors. You can apply impregnation with a brush, roller or spacker.
- Neomid 450. Special water soluble concentrate. Properly prepared composition is allowed to use for applying and outside, and inside buildings. Often Neomid smeared on fences, arbors and many other foundations. Properly a missing tree is not afraid of bad weather or powerful ultraviolet radiation. In addition, the risk of insect pests is reduced to a minimum.
- “Senezh bio”. Quality protective drug that can effectively protect the tree from atmospheric precipitation, the appearance of mold and many other negative factors. Often used for productive processing of residential or economic buildings. The impregnation is difficult to be washed, due to which the high quality of the tree has been maintained for 30-35 years.
On the listed compositions, the list of best impregnations for wood does not end. There are still many other effective and functional options capable of protecting natural material from various negative impacts.
To effectively protect wood from rotting and exposure to moisture, it is allowed to use not only purchased compositions from well-known manufacturers, but also various folk remedies.
Treatment of wood at which iron or copper sulphate is used is considered the most accessible and simple. These funds allow for a long period to prevent education on the tree rot. The vitrios is mixed with woody juices, after which it effectively prevents moisture into the sawn timber. The folk remedy under consideration can change the shade of the material slightly – it is necessary to consider before applying.
Copper vigorous – not the safest processing option. In heating conditions, this composition allocates harmful toxic substances. Working with him, you need to use gloves.
Tree is treated with oils from a long time. Most often used linseed oil, which very well cleaned the material and additionally strengthened its structure. Wood, laminated with linen oil, begins to circumvent good adhesion. You can apply such protection with a brush or sprayer.
Suitable for protective processing and tick oil, either tung trees. Such formulations allow wooden base to gain more strength. They are easy and quickly absorbed. Experts also recommend processing wood with hot oils – so they get much better and faster to a wooden structure, more efficiently protecting it at the same time.
For efficient wood protection, an ordinary birch can be perfect. Often, instead, people enjoy firing. These compositions are distinguished by the fact that they exude strong smell. Impregnations are sticky and rather marked, which is why it is extremely uncomfortable to work with them – you have to be patient.
A tree previously processed by birch tar, subsequently can not be painted, grinding, other types of processing. The material on which the applied tool looks like a resin is easily flammable.
Hudron and today helps to stop the process of natural damage. Most often to a similar means are treated to protect underground wood structures or lower cutters, which are most influenced by negative external factors. Gudron need to warm up and mix with diesel fuel before use. The same is required if bitumen will be applied for processing. Protection with the use of such compositions shows quite high efficiency.
However, in matters of environmental friendliness of the Hudron noticeably lame. True, modern consumers can find more thought-out products in stores – mastic and impregnation with the addition of bitumen.
It doesn’t matter where the tree will be – in the ground, at home, on the street, in the cellar or in greenhouse, it will be necessary to carefully treat the protective composition of high efficiency. Only in this case, it can be expected that natural material will last long and will not lose the qualitative performance characteristics. It is possible to impregnate wood yourself – there is nothing complicated.
Consider a phased process of protective wood processing with your own hands.
- Immediately in front of the scraping wood, it is required to scrupulously clean from dust clusters, fat, as well as paint coatings that have been applied to it before.
- If some shortcomings are already visible on the sawn timber, for example, traces of fungus from the impact of moisture, then they must be considered by means of a metal brush.
- If a tree is covered with impregnations, I want to qualitatively and efficiently, it must be pre-sued. On the raw base, such compositions will not be able to lie normally. In addition, it is the dry material that is much weaker absorbing moisture.
- The selected protective impregnation can be applied using a roller, brush, or a spacing – any tool will fit. You need to start with cuts of boards, end sites and those grounds that have already managed to expose. Processing material, it is important to wear personal protective equipment.
- It happens that the impregnation is required to lay on the surface not in one, but in several layers. In this case, before applying a new formation, it is very important to wait until the previous one dries.