Dagestan stone is building materials of natural origin, which has become famous far beyond Russia. Over the course of several centuries, it is mined in the mountainous regions of the Caucasus, the material has its own unique characteristics. The “wild” breed is distinguished by the fortress and resistance to the most severe natural and climatic conditions.
What it is?
Dagestan stone is plates from natural material. Exceptional technical and operational characteristics, as well as decorative appearance allowed us to use this building material for finishing facades, fences, construction of hozblocks, garages, stairs and fireplaces. The concept of “Dagestan stone” combines several different types of material.
- Limestone. This is one of the most common varieties of Dagestan tiles. The material is formed as a result of mechanical processing of various organic residues.
- Shelchik. The limestrone breed formed from integer or crushed shells of ancient aquatic animals, in the structure of the material clearly distinguishable seashells of various shapes and sizes. Different with heat resistance, so widely demanded when cladding fireplaces.
- Dolomite. Mountain breed with increased resistance to burnout and temperatures. It is used when finishing facades, cladding of ground floors and retaining walls of buildings.
- Sandstone. This material is the result of pressing and further cementing of conventional sand. The intake stone is suitable for performing fencing, used to decorate the arbors and design of fireplaces.
The main advantage of the Dagestan tile is 100% naturalness of the material and zero radiation background. The natural stone does not radiate the waves dangerous and health and health, does not highlight toxic vapors, therefore can be used without fears in the decoration of residential premises.
To other advantages of Dagestan stone include:
- resistance to temperature fluctuations;
- long operational period;
- high noise insulation;
- good vapor permeability;
- Increased parameters of heat resistance;
- ease of installation;
- ease of care;
- Multifunction of the Tint Palette, Forms and Textures.
Of the minuses, you can note the need for regular impregnation with stones with water-repellent compositions.
The following popular varieties of Dagestan stone are known.
- Akushinsky. This material is mined in a career near the village of Akush. Stone is used for finishing facades, as well as performing other finishing works. Has a variety of shades from white to dark sand. It is characterized by resistance to the action of increased and reduced temperatures, as well as temperature differences. Stone is easily processed by standard tools, in sawmill it will not crumble. Akushinsky stone is used as a decorative material for interior decoration of cottages, office and administrative buildings.
- Helinbatan. This stone is highly appreciated among professional builders and finishers. It is distinguished by a reddish tint, thanks to which the facing acquires an unusual and very aesthetic appearance. This is practical, fully natural and inexpensive stone. It is characterized by resistance to natural climatic features, when contacting other construction components does not react. The material is widely in demand for facades, is also used in landscape design.
- Derbent. The worshiper of the highest quality, in its decorative and operational characteristics has no analogues in the world. It is distinguished by frost resistance, increased strength and low thermal conductivity – this ensures efficient thermal protection and a long operational period. It is no coincidence that the fortress walls built from Derbent Stone many many centuries ago, and to this day. The stone has a yellowish color and a porous structure. Used to perform facing works of different types.
- Kajanthsky. This Dagestan Carnish has multi-colored specks, whose shades are changed from pink to yellow and golden. Each party of stone is unique, the combination of patterns in them is never duplicated. Material is in demand when mapping facades and ground floors. It is used to decorate housekeeping on country and household plots. The stone is environmentally friendly, and the presence in its composition of the salts of iodine causes a pronounced healing effect. Mold and fungus appears on the surface of this shell.
- Mekegsky. Natural stone of a light gray spike, less often you can meet the combinations of sandy, white-pink, as well as grayish-greenish colors. The natural material is based on dolomite, this mineral determines the resistance of the facades to the temperature fluctuations and the steady resistance of high humidity, as well as the adverse effects of atmospheric precipitation.
Strength and hardness allow you to perform artistic stone carving, as well as apply other types of finishes.
- Ruissian. This stone is often called gold, it is used in the construction of arbors and creative stone fences. The material is in demand when facing facades of cottages and mansions. Stone is not terrible frost and sharp temperatures. It is valued by builders for resistance to moisture and zero radiation background.
- Frigsky. In Russia, this material became one of the most common. In demand when completing facing facades and bases. The stone is presented in bright and dark sand tones, tiles are beneficially combined with other varieties of Dagestan tile. The pluses of the material include ease of processing, resistance to long-term mechanical stages and adverse weather factors.
- Chirinsky. Such a stone has an unusual texture, presented in a wide scene palette from milky white to pale pink. Everywhere applies to the design of house-building in a classic style, harmoniously looks in the exteriors of modern and ampir. It is considered one of the most sophisticated and noble, it provides its demand and consistently high demand for natural origin facing materials.
Dagestan stone with ease can be processed by any manual and mechanical tools, most often it is cutting, and polishing and slug use to improve the appearance. Polishing is one of the most popular techniques for treating the surface of natural stone. Most often it is performed in the factory conveyor conveyor. At the first stage, the stone breed passes grinding by exposure to a hard abrasive tool, after which it is polished with soft felt.
The slug allows you to make the surface to a smooth and smooth, without bringing it to a mirror state. Performed with the help of soft mothers, is impregnated with a special grinding powder. As a result of processing, the surface is obtained by matte, with small scratches. Such plates are widely in demand when finishing the walls of the rear.
With the help of Dagestan tiles, you can create spectacular facades that will invariably differ stylish and originality. Thanks to the breadth of the assortment of natural stone, you can make a cladding as a whole facade of the building as a whole, and decorate its separate details.
- Balaasins. These architectural forms are used in decorating balconies, terraces, porch and steps. They look beautiful and at the same time perform the role of supporting structures, visually resemble small columns. To create a balossine, panels are used from a particularly durable Dagestan stone, resistant to static loads.
- Columns. This element of the exterior received distribution in the era of the oldest civilizations. He symbolizes luxury and greatness. Columns from this material can be decorating any building, in addition, will provide the fortress and reliability of the whole design.
- Cornis. To decorate buildings, all sorts of decorative forms are used. Made from the blocks of Dagestan stone of the eaves, are not afraid of snow and rain, they are not terrible temperature fluctuations. For the manufacture of eaves, dolomite, limestone, as well as the shell.
Dagestan stone is used to decorate arbors, barbecue, look very impressively panels from thermopanels, as well as imitation of vintage patterns, laid out around the spring.
Tips for care
After cladding the facade of the building of the Dagestan stone of any type Be sure to perform the procedure for its hydrophobization. It assumes the impregnation with a special waterproof, which penetrates the depth of 8-10 cm. This allows you to create an effective barrier to enter moisture from the external environment. Such measures have repeatedly increase the durability of the cladding, since excess of moisture is the only factor that is able to have adverse effects on untreated natural material.
Important: For facade finishes, an exceptionally solution with an increased degree of protection is used. The composition is applied using sprayers and rollers with mandatory observance of all manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations. Impregnation It is advisable to apply in two layers with an interval of 10-15 minutes. Quality compositions retain high protective characteristics for 6 years, after which the processing must be repeated.
In order for the Dagestan tile for a long time pleased with its aesthetic look, it is necessary to wash from dirt from time to time. For this time, in a few years, it is watered with cold water from the hose under pressure, and after final drying is treated with a primer or any hydrophobizer, for example, Goodmaster, Caparo or DisBoxan 450. IMPORTANT: Cleaning limestone with acids containing acid is not allowed.
Stone products adorning the inner interior in the house require a little different care. Usually used compositions based on wax, they protect the surface from scratches and dirt entering, return the aesthetic appearance and glossy gloss with old, worn coatings.
In the next video you can look at samples and processing of Dagestan stone.