Many buyers do not know at all what is best to choose for the inner and external cladding of the floor and walls in their home. The most often there is a question regarding the choice between ceramic tiles and porcelain stoneware. Since both materials have its own characteristics, differences, as well as the advantages and disadvantages, it is very important about them to know before making a future purchase.
Features of each material
To understand the end, what is the main differences between the ceramic tiles and its fellow porcelainist, it is very important to know the features of each of the facing materials.
Ceramic tile never comes out of fashion, it appeared for a long time, but at the same time it becomes more and more sought-after, regardless of the brand. Tile can be bolden by one of the most relevant facing materials for different premises. It is bought for both private possessions and public institutions.
Mostly tile is made of natural materials and components, To which include: clay, sand, kaolin and some other substances. To create a high-quality tile, a mixture of natural raw materials are baked at a certain temperature, taking into account certain conditions. Additionally, ceramic tiles can be decorated with various patterns and drawings. It can also be covered with enamel and special icing.
To date, many domestic and foreign brands offer a lot of tile options for every taste, color and wallet of the buyer. Among the widest range, you can find glossy and matte options, as well as models in a variety of colors and with the most different drawings.
Ceramic tile for all its properties is designed for gentlemen of private houses and apartments, as opposed, for example, from porcelain. Nevertheless, many experts are confident that high-quality tiles may well compete with a more stable and wear-resistant porcelain. This is the perfect option for registration of the house, since the material is moisture-resistant and durable.
When comparing tile with porcelain stoneware, it should be understood that the latter is made from the same materials as the usual tile. However, a special granite crumb can be found in porcelain stoneware, which partly makes this facing material more wear-resistant and resistant to external influences. But still porcelain stoneware is considered more dense due to the special technology of baking. In order to obtain this building material, a large baked temperature is required compared to a conventional cafeter.
In this case, the porcelain tile is not just burned, namely it is baked under very high temperatures, As a result, the components of its composition are practically saved among themselves. In addition, when creating a material, a large pressure is supplied, as a result of which it turns out to be more moisture-proof.
What is the difference?
The main differences in porcelain stoneware from ordinary tiles, in addition to some nuances in their manufacture, can be attributed to the following:
- Increased resistance to factors from outside, wear resistance and strength. Porcelain stoneware can withstand the strongest loads, it will be suitable even for industrial places. Various chips and damage with very strong impact on this material will be minimal. Scratches on it and not at all appear for many years. With proper care, the floor or wall from this material can be served dozens of years.
- Particular attention should be paid and water permeability. In this case, the ordinary tile does not have such a strong resistance to water. Although in general its characteristics are quite suitable for home use.
- As for the thermal properties, they mostly relate to porcelain stoneware. This material can be easily called frost-resistant and refractory for all criteria. In case of accidental fire, this material will be able to keep the flame from its distribution. And the fact that it is not afraid of sharp temperature differences, is a big bonus.
- Over time, poor-quality tiles or tiles can change its appearance, while the porcelain stoneware will look like a new. In addition, the material does not require specialized care, the main thing is that it is regular.
- Cerambrants are not afraid of the impact of chemical and any aggressive cleaning products and substances. He has excellent resistance. Even when it gets into an acid or alkali, it will remain whole and unharmed.
- Even if the porcelain stoneware will be installed in the place where the sun is constantly shining, it will not fade and will not lose its properties. Many buyers acquire it for installation in their summer gazebos, because it is not afraid of various weather conditions.
In general, it can be said that both tiles and porcelain possesses similar properties and characteristics. However, there are significant differences between them, as a result of which the tile is considered a weaker material, but quite suitable for choice in a private house, an apartment or a cottage. Any materials always differ among themselves, most importantly, to choose them correctly in some particular case.
What option is better?
According to many professionals of their case, the main difference of these materials is not only in their technical characteristics, but also in the application, since each of them has its advantages, minuses and unique properties. For standard wall cladding in the bathroom at home or in the kitchen is ideal for the usual tile, which will last for many years. The average strength class of this type of material is exactly what you need, because the effect of climatic, temperature and other factors from the outside inside the house will be minimal.
Porcelain tiles are perfect for places of industrial plan and public institutions, and often choose it for saunas and baths. In addition, the porcelain stoneware is suitable even for facing facades of buildings, because even the most severe frosts are not terrible. However, if you are going to acquire the material of this type for installation outside the house, it is best to choose a reliable company that sells quality products.
Often, designers and decorators choose a porcelain stoneware for the facing of modern fireplaces, since this material is considered refractory. Now at high temperatures you can no longer be afraid of cracks and chips. Even the tile of maximum strength and high-end can hardly be compared with porcelain stoneware.
Many are wondering what kind of materials it is best to choose for sex, because everything is fine with the walls. An ordinary tile and tiles are suitable for the house for a 100 hundred, in addition, modern types of tiles are not susceptible to slipping and under many of them you can install a warm floor system. For the hallway, as well as for the corridor and those rooms, where people most often go to shoes, it is best to choose a porcelain tile or tile of the highest quality as an outdoor coating. If you want to lay out the steps of a private house with a stoneware, better on top of them use special linings that will protect you from excessive slip.
To create a kitchen apron or countertops fit classic kitchen tile.
More advantageous acquisition, of course, the usual tile will become, because the porcelain stoneware can be done at times more. Nevertheless, it is irrational to acquire a tile, for example, for the street, otherwise it will just deteriorate and you will have to buy a new.
If you want to buy a porcelain book for the house, but the price is too high, then boldly look for the tile of the highest class of stability and wear resistance. It, of course, will not replace the porcelain stoneware on certain properties, but for home operating is suitable for.
What is durable?
It is impossible to call a certain period that serves you one or another.
Everything will depend on certain factors to which include:
- The room where the walls will be located or floor covering.
- The conditions in which the material will be operated.
- Frequency, intensity and nature of external influences.
- Periodicity and care quality.
If we compare the technical characteristics, then the porcelain stoneware will be longer. However, it is designed for additional loads and various harsh conditions, which, for example, cannot be said about the tile, which is tested by time, but ideal exclusively for the house. With regular processing and high-quality cleaning, even the usual tile can last time limit and even more.
Tips for choosing
To make sure the correct choice in favor of this or that material, A number of important factors should be taken into account, which include:
- Functional purpose of the room.
- Future load on the surface (often we are talking about floors, and not about the walls).
- Temperature mode and its possible differences.
- The ability to obtain damage from the outside.
- It is also important to consider both the stylistics of the room. Porcelain stonewares or tiles should most suit the design of a room or another room.
Only after you take into account all the details, you can make a choice in favor of a specific material for walls or floor.
The tile and tile for one or another room is best to acquire a medium or high class of stability, especially if you want the material to serve you for many years. Preference in the selection should be given to proven stores that are not performed by the implementation of outdoor and wall coatings.
Do not replace porcelain stonework when you need more serious characteristics from the material, Otherwise, you risk the fact that the coverage will not serve you. To use the material to be as efficient as possible, when choosing it is important to take into account all the characteristics of the future room, where the coating will be located and only then choose between several options.
If you doubt that you can choose a certain material for one or another room yourself, better consult with specialists who will surely tell me, in favor of what is worth making a choice in some particular case.
What is the difference between ceramic tile and porcelain, specialists are told in the next video.