Progress does not stand still, technologies are improved in the field of building materials. As a result, there are 10 -12 years ago, there are panels from polyvinyl chloride to decorate, decorating walls, ceilings in residential and bathrooms, on the balcony, loggia. PVC panels won attention from buyers by simplicity, ease of installation and their advantages.
Properties: Advantages and Disadvantages
Polyvinyl chloride panels are characterized by a considerable amount of advantages.
- Excellent appearance is preserved for a long time. If you do cleaning regularly, using cleaning or soap solutions, quality and novelty will delight for a long time.
- Acceptable price. Allowed to revive the apartment with a moderate budget.
- Variety of types, configurations, categories.
- The multifaceted color palette helps to show all sorts of ideas of designers.
- Enlarged loads, temperature drops. Besides durable and safe. The combustion temperature is very high – over 399?C.
- Resistance to moisture, numerous fungus, mold.
- Easy to wash and clean, applying simple detergents.
- Repair is made simply and quickly when using PVC panels. The end result is practical and tidy. To install special knowledge will not need.
- It is not difficult to replace if damage appears.
- The design is easy and easy to install.
- Differs good sound and thermal insulation.
- Environmentally friendly material. Polyvinyl chloride – thermoplastic plastic produced from natural gas or oil and table salt by electrolysis. This inert durable chemical substance is absolutely harmless: it is used for the manufacture of children’s toys, packaging for dairy products, water storage tanks and food.
But the PVC panels exist and disadvantages:
- Fragility (panels inside the hollow, the configuration is maintained due to rigidity);
- Selection of toxic gases in the fire.
PVC plates differ in purpose and connection method.
The structure of the panels consists of two plastic sheets, rigidly docked with small longitudinal jumpers. The corresponding drawing is applied on the front side, and the side edges are made with protrusions and grooves.
There are two categories in the appointment: wall and ceiling.
The first is characterized by a long service life, strength and resistance to moisture (they do not even pass water in the joints). Their weight is significantly different from the ceiling.
They differ in the strength indicators and are divided, in turn, for several subspecies.
Panel with 3D effect or offset printing
Perfect 3D-drawing, branded full-color printing, insulating layers of varnish, make them similar to natural stone, wood, ceramic tile or high-quality schedule. Ultraviolet paints applied in the panel instantly dry, the next layer of varnish does not allow to enter the chemical interaction with air.
Drawing up drawings, paintings, ornaments, compositions from the panels will help to make the interior in unique, original, the only one.
3D panels – a wonderful solution to the problem when creating a new, comfortable interior in the apartment, office, store.
Panels with thermal printing or thermocrust
The method of applying the decor on the PVC plate is called thermal printing and transfers all sorts of drawings, colors to choose. A drawing is displayed on the polymer film, then on specialized equipment at high temperatures is shown to the surface of the panel. The resulting front of the panel is not treated with varnish: film-covered paint resistant to wear, moisture and ultraviolet rays.
Ease of installation, moisture resistance, resistance to temperature drops – All this makes the panels recognized by the leader in the design of individual studios, public buildings, residential rooms.
The method of manufacturing laminated PVC panels is to glue the film on the plate with a pattern and close texture (highlight). A film is superimposed on the front surface using a specific adhesive composition and fascinated on the back. At the edges, the film will not laugh, and the material receives additional technical properties: durability, practicality, strength to involuntary actions (the picture does not deteriorate over time, it is difficult to spoil and even scratch it).
PVC panels with laminated coating are used in the kitchen, in toilet or bathrooms, office space. In addition, it is an excellent option for use on the balcony, loggia: the temperature regime does not affect the panel of this type. Panels are covered with a special antistatic agent, so dust particles do not be aspired on the surface. The quality of the panels, as a rule, is certified by the corresponding certificate.
As for the PVC ceiling panels, they are somewhat thinner than the walls. They may be the following: width – 25 cm, 37 cm, 50 cm, length – 2 m, 7 m, 3 m, 6 m; Thickness – 4 -10 mm. According to the design there are two- and three-section, color and texture – matte and glossy, white and with imitation of natural materials, bright and pastel colors.
Ceiling panels from polyvinyl chloride possess the following positive qualities:
- When used, not subject to mechanical actions;
- Products can be mounted in premises of various purposes: residential and public, office and trading;
- Not prone to the formation of fungus, mold, therefore apply in rooms with high humidity;
- Giving an apartment aesthetic appearance, the plates make invisible to the eye of communication: electrical, engineering;
- Service is not difficult: enough simple soap solutions for cleaning surfaces from pollution.
When choosing wall panels, PVC should be taken into account how they will be located: vertically or horizontally.
The size of the design solutions depend on the size of the panels:
- For options with a 3D effect or offset printing: Width – 25, 37, 50 cm, Length – 2.7 or 3m, thickness – 8-10 mm;
- For panels with thermal printing or thermocrust: width – 25 cm, length – 2.7, 3, 6 m, thickness – 8-10 mm;
- For laminated models: Width – 25 cm, Length – 2.7, 3 meters, Thickness – 8-12 mm.
The connection of the plates is carried out in two ways: they are either glued onto the wall, or fix on the prepared cladder.
With the first method, the walls must have an ideal smooth and smooth surface. To do this, they need to prepare them in advance: carefully remove the former cladding, remove fat, dirt, close the gaps, apply a primer composition and align. Different sizes within 5 mm Let’s say. If more, then after a while the panel is deformed and may come off.
Repair work on fastening the plates with glue is incomparably easier and cheaper: the need for the construction of a cerebral design is finally disappeared.
To install the panels, you do not need to spend great effort and time – with this task, any newcomer will cope. But this option has a significant disadvantage: in case of breakdown or damage, the damaged panel is difficult to remove from the wall and replace the new.
The method of fastening PVC panels using the crate has a number of positive: better sound and thermal insulation, there is no need to equate the walls, you can not remove the old paint, wallpaper.
The constructions of the crates are three species depending on the type of material from which it is made.
- Wooden. In this case, the design consists of wooden rails and bars, which are screwed to the plane at an equal distance from each other. The distance between the walls for the walls is not more than 30-40 cm, for the ceiling – at least 30 cm is the main standard. Dooming relative to panels is fixed on the wall of the wall perpendicular. Fastening parts is made by self-tapping screws, which is very reliable and convenient.
- Metal. Metallic profile choose to build metal dohes. Self-tapping screws are replaced with special brackets that provide fast and safe fixation on the wall. Kleimer – fastening bracket, which is created from a metal perforated plate. Clips are used for hidden installation when fastening plastic panels, in which the connecting parts are unparalleled on the surface of the construction finish.
Construction of a frame basis in the form of a crate helps to cope with insulation on the balcony and loggia. Empty in the crate is filled with insulation, then squeezed with PVC panels.
- Plastic. For the manufacture of plastic frames use P-shaped profile. Benefits of this solution: lightness of construction, absolute resistance to moisture and various temperature modes, plasticity in processing. The profile is attached to the base with self-draws or dowels with an interval of 30 cm.
Minus all these ways in building crates, which entails additional time spending, money and a decrease in residential space.
Parameters depend on the version of the connection and the variety of sizes of PVC panels.
Methods of connecting panels with each other are divided into three groups.
- Suture or roll lamellas copy the lining, which is characterized by a similar connection. Seam is clearly visible, is part of the design. Panels are characterized by large rigidity, resistance to involuntary disorders. Look like ordinary finishing boards. Standard Size: Width – from 12-30 cm, Length – from 0.9-3 m, 6 m, thickness – 4-10 mm.
- Seamless connected without visible joint, with the right installation it turns out a flat surface with barely visible connections. The result of installation, assembly depends on the quality of the material. Standard Size: Width – from 15-50 cm, Length – 2.7 m, 3 m, Thickness – 4 -10 mm.
- Version with Rust. To connect this group in the profile, a decorative recess is made – a groove, which has the form of a protrusion, due to which the flat surface is obtained.
Depending on the size of the PVC panel there are several species.
Tile material similar to ceramic tiles. To create an unusual interior, it is possible to combine one-picture options with plates imitating natural stone having a drawing or decorated mosaic.
Standard size: 30×30 cm, 98×98 cm, 100×100 cm, thickness 1-5 mm.
Use for decorating walls. The variety of shades, textures, texture offers to make the interior of the house stylish and bright.
Standard size: width – 15-50 cm, length – 2.6 / 2.7 / 3 m; Thickness – 6 -10 mm.
Different with large sizes. When working with this type of panels, a significant area overlaps – the design will be unusual and interesting.
Standard size: Width – 50-122 cm, length – 0.9-2.44 m, thickness – 1-6 mm.
It has a smooth glossy surface, produced in a variety of color solutions. The connection takes place according to the castle spike-groove system, which allows installation without difficulty. Vertical laying of boards visually makes higher ceiling, and horizontal – expands the wall.
Standard size: Width – 10-30 cm, length – 0.9-3 m, thickness – 4-8 mm.
Decorative wall panels from PVC become hardly the most popular among finishing materials in the interior. Facing PVC panels – easy and unremarkable finish. Installation of PVC panels is carried out similarly to the process of assembling the children’s designer, so even unprofessional can cope with it.
Quality and aesthetic feature of decorative panels allows you to implement original design ideas in the conditions of budget and warranty of high-quality repair. Availability of 120 colors and textures, a variety of forms and textures will help perform these tasks.
Buying plastic panels, please note that they are smooth, did not have any waves, dents, drops. It is desirable that they were from one party and did not differ in color, shade. The quality of the installation will be only when using smooth plates: without distortion, shifts and invisible joints.
Pay attention to the presence of certificates of sanitary and hygienic safety, product compliance with the technical conditions and GOST.
Installation of PVC panels you can see below.