When conducting construction and repair processes, the use of multiple diverse tools is required. They can become a universal acquisition of a novice master or professional specialist. The convenience of the work and the final result depends on the quality of the tool. Many functions are performed and a rubber spatula, depending on its size and configuration. The versatility of rubber lies in waterproof and chemical resistance.
What is it and for what you need?
Rubber spatula is a building tool that uses seams on various surfaces, removal of remnants of materials on ceramics, stone; Toning, Corner Treatment with Wall Plasters.
Such tools are used to handle spaces of different areas and hard-to-reach places. Taking into account this created a wide range of spatulas – from very small to major models to smooth wallpaper and flooring and wall treatment. Their main feature is a rubber working surface. Due to its elasticity and softness there is no risk to damage even fragile coating. Some spatulas with durable handles allow empty of seams by epoxy resins, cement solutions. And there are models specifically for silicone.
The device of the rubber spatula is elementary simple, but for high-quality execution, it must comply with certain standards.
- The rubber part must be dense, flexible and uniformly elastic.
- The shape of the spatula should allow fully handling the seams with various materials.
- The edges of the spatula must be conical to easily rub the seams in the corners.
- The handle can also be rubber if the tool is small. Larger models need a durable handle to eliminate the deformation of the spatula with a strong nazh.
Description of species
Types of these tools are divided according to certain criteria.
- Colour. Rubber spatulas are white, gray and black. It is dictated by a non-designer approach, but the aim of the level of ribbon ribbon. The darkness of the tool, the more harsh and effectively, it fills the seams, excluding “gaps” and divorces. White spatula is designed to process fragile ornamental materials.
- Varieties of handles. Most often rubber tools are equipped with a plastic handle – a trapezium or a bracket that promotes high performance performance. Their price is higher. Also there are spatulas with wooden holders and solid rubber canvas.
- Shape tool. Diverse, but the most common trapezoidal spatulas are considered. Round spatula something similar to cable cut. It does not contribute to high efficiency, so the model is practically not found on sale. More than tools are equipped with ready-made grinding mixtures.
- Dimensions. This parameter in the painting tool can vary from 20 mm and up to 150 mm. It is selected based on the tasks.
- Purpose. Mainly spatulas are made of grout and. For the first option, standard tools are used, and in the second case there are completely rubber rounded shapes.
For appointment, spatulas are also divided into the following varieties.
- Planning. Soft tool with a durable handle and working edge 3-5 mm, with length in the range of 25-60 cm. The chamfer is made on the one hand, with an angle exposure of 45 degrees. The rectangular or trapezoid spatula is suitable for the design of the joints in the process of facing surfaces with a tile of a large size or a mosaic, when working with cement-based mixture.
- Malar rubber. White spatula made from rubber, and black – from rubber 3-5 mm. Bilateral working edge, 10-25 cm long. Black rubber is distinguished by a great rigidity, which contributes to the dense filling of the joints. On the painting model, a PVC knob or wood, similar to those equipped with brushes. In relation to the working edge, the holder is located at an angle of 45/90 °. The triangular tool has medium sizes, so it is considered universal.
- Fugovali. Spatula with a base in the form of a trapezoid (triangle) for decoration of seams on a tile and finishing stone, applying putty, restoration works. Working edge from 40-50 mm to 80-100 mm. The soft part is equipped with a wooden or plastic handle. Small-size tools used in difficult areas can be a solid-sieves, without a hard holder. The size is selected under the tile, rigidity – in terms of the depth of the seams: what they are deeper, the amounts of the rubber base.
- Expanding spatula. Suitable not only for sewing joints, but also to give them relief. The model is necessary when decorating a round seam, for example, with rounded edges of the tile. Also in the decoration is used spatula factory under wood, figure, gear, angular and other options.
German company Biber Known to consumers in Russia as a manufacturer of goods for repair, including excellent spatulas. In the circle of professional builders inventory from Bieber walked as reliable and unpretentious.
Fit tool. Is the official representative of the Canadian company. Exercises the production of electric and manual tools for use in domestic and professional construction. The dignity of fit spatulas is at an affordable price, convenience, quality and variety of model range.
Raimondi – one of the European leaders in the production of equipment and tools for different repair and construction tasks.
The spatulas of this company features excellent quality and efficiency in use.
Also on the market is actively developing a domestic firm Santool. It exercises the production and sale of manual construction tools. Enterprise tirelessly modernize production. For the manufacture of branded spatulas use the highest quality raw materials.
In the global market of building inventory high quality different and domestic TM “Bison Ovk”. Specialists spend a lot of effort on improving finished products.
Samples are tested in their own testing laboratory before consumers are presented.
Purchasing a rubber spatula for certain tasks, it is recommended to take into account the following nuances.
- Pen. On the wide working part there should be a wooden handle.
- Rigidity. For grouting decorative makeup will need a flexible and soft tool.
- Form. To perform a uniform and high-quality seam, the edge of the rubber base must be fine and acute.
- Color rubber. To work with dense mixtures more suitable is hard black rubber.
Models without a handle are processed joints in arched zones, behind plumbing and risers. The value of the tool is selected based on the dimensions of the treated surface.
Today, you can find a variety of options for sale, both separately and in sets, to fill the seams in drywall, work with wood and many other purposes. When choosing, first of all, the characteristics of the selected tool are taken into account. Special attention deserves quality rubber. It should be distinguished by density, not to have any damage.
High-quality rubber is defined easily: if you bend, it will instantly return the original shape.
It is necessary to use a rubber spatula correctly: apply a solution to the work part of the web, where the chamfer is made. The tool is convenient to handle all sorts of surfaces: tiled and ceramic tiles, mosaic, decorative stone, seams in linoleum.
Working with a rubber spatula is produced by two main stages and movements: seam is filled and excessive rapid mass is removed. In completing the extender, you can give a certain relief.
All overlap work should be performed after the final drying of the tile glue to avoid the deformation of the joints.
Excessive dry grout removed with a clean rubber base of the spatula. When carrying out manipulations, it should be dry. It must be kept, by observing an angle of 90 ° in relation to the base. It is necessary to act without an excess pressure, otherwise there is a possibility to remove the mulk weight from the seams.
When grilled, the most convenient to act with a pliable rectangular spatula on the handle. Due to the rather big surface, it will cope with the task of promptly.
Soft rubber contributes to the dense filling of the seams, and the cone-shaped edge allows you to push the composition even in angular joints, without leaving emptiness in them.
Accordingly, this approach will allow to extend the service tile.
Secrets of care
Well, finally, we will give recommendations for the care of the tool.
- The main rule when leaving any spatulas – Mandatory wash tool after completion. Such an approach extends the service life of the rubber base.
- If you do not clean the solution immediately, after drying it will not be easy to remove, And under its exposure, rubber can crack.
- If roughness and irregularities appeared on the edge of the tool, they can be checked.
- Need to be careful when using rubber, Working with grouts on epoxy resin.
- Can not be given to the tool High mechanical loads.
- Store rubber spatula recommended vertically, Separately from another inventory, otherwise the rubber can be brought, and the canvas will be unsuitable for further use.