Any residential designs should well hold heat inside certain rooms. But some materials, on the contrary, quickly pass it because of their porous structure. This can also include aerated concrete blocks from which small buildings are built. This building material is of great popularity, as it has a small weight, an acceptable price and wide availability on the market. To get a good and durable house, aerated concrete walls should be placed correctly. Therefore, the choice of materials for such treatment should be treated with all seriousness and responsibility.
Features of the material
Aerated concrete is a porous building material that consists of foam concrete. A feature of such blocks is the presence of open pores capable of passing air and water well. This characteristic is not an advantage, since with high humidity inside the aerated concrete walls will be collected a lot of fluids. A similar phenomenon will not only worsen thermal insulation characteristics, but will also lead to ice formation in a cold.
However, aerated concrete blocks are characterized by some benefits.
- The main components of the aerated concrete are cement, lime, quartz sand, aluminum powder and water. All these products are completely safe for humans, so blocks of this type are completely environmentally friendly.
- Optimal ratio of low weight and strength. Aerated concrete is able to withstand significant loads, but it is not recommended to use it for the construction of houses above 3 floors.
- Material does a bad heat. This allows you to maintain the temperature inside the building at one specified level.
- The composition of the aerated concrete blocks does not contribute to the reproduction of mold or fungus. This product is an optimal solution for the construction of small private houses.
Aerated concrete is a unique building material, which needs to be correctly and in a timely manner from the penetration of moisture.
Types of plaster
Plastering of the aerated concrete walls is the mandatory stage of any construction work. But for such products, only special solutions should be used, which will pass the air and delay moisture.
Therefore, several types of mixtures are used more often for plastering of structures from aerated concrete.
- Lime-cement solutions. This type of thin layer mixtures was developed specifically under this material. After frozen, the solution misses couples very well. The clutch coefficient with the surface is one of the best among all types of plasters. From positive properties, you can note the resistance to negative temperatures.
- Acrylic plasters. This breathable mixture is distinguished by practicality and environmental friendliness. But the composition is well transmitted by moisture, so before it applies the wall of aerated concrete, it is necessary to further cover the waterproofing layer.
- Silicone compounds. This type of product is intended for internal works. After applying the layer, it practically does not crack, which allows you to quickly and reliably protect the walls. The only drawback of the material can be considered high cost on the market.
- Silicate solutions. Get them on the basis of various silicates that are well opposed to various physical and chemical loads. This type of plasterers is one of the highest quality for external work.
- Gypsum mixes. The structure of the plaster differs in uniformity, which allows to obtain very smooth surfaces. But the gypsum does not tolerate a wet environment, so it can only be used inside buildings where the humidity level is minimal. To increase the adhesion with a fate, the walls must be pre-impregnated with special primers.
Please note that the use of cement plaster for aerated concrete is not recommended.
After the frozen compositions form a dense structure, which does not miss steam. Therefore, it will eventually accumulate inside the blocks, negatively affecting them.
How to choose?
The modern market offers several types of plasters. All these compositions are characterized by a chemical structure and physical properties. It should be understood that each of these solutions is intended to solve only specific tasks – there are no universal plasters for aerated concrete.
When choosing such compositions, you should evaluate several of their features.
- Parry permeability coefficient. This indicator must exceed a similar value of aerated concrete. Such a solution will allow the design to breathe.
- Mixtures should be prepared using the minimum amount of water. This can include silicate or silicone compositions. The plaster plaster includes a significant amount of fluid, so it is not always an alternative option.
- Minimum and maximum thickness of the applied layer. With the help of some mixtures you can align significant drops under the tile, while others allow you to create a thin and smooth decorative layer.
- Operating conditions. Often, this step implies an assessment of the temperature regime, humidity and other characteristics that the plaster can withstand. Some varieties can be used in the bathroom, while others are suitable for outdoor application, where there are sharp temperature differences.
- Physical features of the mixture. It is important to select compounds that will not dry quickly. It is necessary to qualitatively and evenly distribute them on the surface of the aerated concrete. Pay attention also to whether the composition will crack after applying in certain microclumatic conditions.
- Manufacturer and customer reviews. These characteristics are one of the most important. Do not save on a plaster for aerated concrete, as the durability of this material depends on this. Experts recommend to give preference to products of well-known firms, which have already proven themselves in the market.
When it is better to plaster?
The porous structure of the aerated concrete assumes the rapid absorption of moisture inside the blocks. If the water will freeze there, it can lead to the rupture of the pores and a decrease in the technical parameters of the material. Therefore, experts recommend plastering the walls from aerated concrete only in the warm period of the year. It is important that at night at this time the temperature did not fall below 0 degrees. The optimal temporary gap is considered to be months: from March to September. But a specific time should be selected, focusing only on air temperature and climate features of your region.
It is not recommended to start plastering the walls immediately after their erection – it is necessary to give to a combining solution in the seams.
Note that cement mixtures dry up much longer than special adhesives for aerated concrete.
Walking walls from gas blocks is a mandatory step, which allows to increase their thermal insulation characteristics. But many are wondering how little work is better to start work.
It should be noted that such operations are performed using several approaches.
- Internal treatment. Many specialists recommend starting to put shit and shook the gasoblock exactly from the inside of the house – this will fully close all the pores and eliminate the penetration of external moisture into the interior.
- Exterior finish. Also meets, but not as often as inner. Such an option is preferable in the case when the building is close to the lake or river. Such factors affect the humidity of the air and contribute to the rapid accumulation of water inside the walls. So in this case you need to prevent such a phenomenon. Please note: for other conditions it is not always suitable, since the walls will absorb liquid from air inside the room. This, in turn, will increase the duration of drying.
Inside the house
The interior decoration of walls from aerated concrete involves applying a mixture to obtain not only even, but also a durable surface.
It is carried out according to the following algorithm.
- First of all, it is necessary to qualitatively clean the surface of the gasoblocks from dust, frozen glue tubercles and T. D. After that, with a wet roller moisturize the wall. When the surface is prepared, it is covered with primers. Many specialists recommend for bathrooms to use deep penetration mixtures. In turn, the corridor or toilet is treated with ordinary and inexpensive compositions.
- To simplify the alignment procedure, you should install beacons. You can buy them in the desired quantity in specialized stores. Please note that to align the wall without lighthouses and the presence of a certain experience will be difficult. Fasten these designs on the base with the same solution to be used as plaster. It is important to align all lighthouses in one vertical plane.
- Plastering is carried out by attachment. If you have the opportunity, then you can use a special machine for spraying the solution. It is important to distribute the mixture with a layer of approximately the same thickness. If the thickness of the plaster is significant, then correctly apply it in several layers. Before each subsequent operation, you need to give a drying layer for a previously applied layer. Please note that after alignment you need to remove beacons and correctly fill them with a solution.
- Finish spacure. This step is not mandatory, since many walls then simply cover with wallpaper or other finishing materials. For such a finish, you can already use special decorative solutions, allowing to obtain not only flat, but also a curly surface.
External finishing technology is practically no different from the previously described algorithm.
Outdoor shuttering has several distinctive features.
- Walls additionally reinforced with a grid. For this use metal products made of 0.1 mm thick. Mount mesh need directly to the solution. Therefore, the composition is primarily applied to the base, and then the material is pressed into it.
- Put the plaster in several layers. After each finish, you need to give a solution to dry completely, so the surface does not touch for 3-4 days. If at this time the rains are predicted, then you need to protect the walls with a polyethylene film. The first layer can be simply digging without aligning. The final layer is used to align the plane.
All other processes are completely similar to those produced with interior decoration: priming, alignment and finishing finish.
After full frosted, the external walls can be painted, covering decorative plaster or just close the vinyl clapboard.
The durability of aerated concrete walls primarily depends on their high-quality finish.
To get a high-quality and durable surface, you should be guided by several councils of specialists.
- Use only high-quality products for the formation of plaster. Prepared with your own hands, the mixture is not able to firmly grably with the gasoblock.
- For dry premises, conventional plasterboard sheets can be alternative to the highlock. They should be attached to a pre-aligned wall and then subjected to decorating.
- The adhesion of the mixture also depends on the quality of the aerated concrete. Therefore, it is important to control and this indicator is still at the design stage of the house.
- Pay attention to the corners of the walls. To strengthen them, use special metal corners capable of improving the strength characteristics of the frame.
Aerated concrete is a unique building material that needs high-quality finishing and protection. Therefore, plastering should be carried out according to all modern technologies using only proven and secure materials for human health.
About how to plaster aerated concrete, look in the next video.