To close a small gap in anything, you can use liquid sealant. Little slots require that the substance penetrates well and filled even the most minor cuts, so it should be liquid. Similar sealants are currently very in demand and relevant in the market.
Thanks to the sealing compositions, the process of construction and repair becomes simple and rapid. With their help, it is possible without nails and a hammer to securely fasten the various surfaces between themselves, apply as a means of sealing and for embedding cracks and cracks. When installing windows or eliminate small malfunctions, they are indispensable, saving money and time. Their use allows repair of pipes without opening the walls and removal of plumbing structures.
Liquid sealant is currently characterized by a stronger action than glue, but not so “heavy” as a building mixture.
Sealing fluid has a number of properties:
- does not change its characteristics under the influence of high temperature;
- is moisture-resistant;
- Withstand heavy loads.
The liquid solution is one-component, produced in tubes and ready to use. The means for larger work is available in the canisters of various volumes.
Apply liquid sealant is appropriate only if a small crack was formed, and also if other measures to eliminate it are not possible.
Scope of application
Liquid sealant may differ in its composition and application area:
- Universal or “Liquid nails”. Can be used both for external and internal work at home. With it, you can glue materials among themselves (glass, ceramics, silicate surfaces, wood, textiles), used for various types of work during repair and seals various seams. Without applying nails, you can fix the tile, eaves, various panels. A clear solution provides a practically invisible to the eye compound, which is obtained very durable and reliable: it is able to withstand the load up to 50 kg.
- For plumbing. It is used to seal the joints of shells, baths, shower cabins. Differs in increased resistance to moisture, high temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
- For auto. Can be used when replacing gaskets, as well as in the cooling system to eliminate the flow. Before you start working with this tool, you need to wear safety glasses, t. To. it can damage the eyes.
- “Liquid plastic”. Applied when working with plastic products, for example, when installing windows, joints are processed. Due to the presence of PVA glue in its composition, the glued surfaces form a monolithic compound.
- “Liquid rubber”. It includes liquid polyurethane, which allows it to be used in cold and wet conditions. It is a very strong sealing agent and applied in various types of work during repair and construction. Invented this tool in Israel, externally it resembles rubber, so it got such a name. However, manufacturers prefer to call it “sprayed waterproofing”. The solution is great for applying houses to the roofs to fill the hidden leaks in the seams.
In addition, “Liquid Rubber” is suitable for emergency repair when crossing the tires, filling the microcracks and forming a very strong connection. This liquid can also be used for the prevention in order to create inside the protective layer wheels. This is used for cars that work in extreme conditions.
- Liquid sealant, intended for repairing leaks in the heating system, which are formed as a result of corrosion, low-quality compounds. It is characterized by the fact that it is not applied outside, but poured into the pipes. Liquid begins to harden, entering into contact with air, which penetrates the pipe through a damaged place. So he sticks out from the inside only those places where it is necessary. With it, it is possible to repair hidden sewer structures, heating systems, a warm floor, use in pools.
Sealants for heating systems can be different types:
- for pipes with aqueous or antifreeze coolant;
- for boilers operating from gas or solid fuel;
- for pipe pipes or heating system.
For each specific case and certain parameters of the system, it is better to choose a separate sealant. Universal funds will not be effective. Properly selected tool will cope with its task, not harm the boiler, pump and measuring instruments.
In addition, there are specialized sealants intended for repairing gas pipelines, water pipelines, pipelines. However, if the cause of the leaks lies in the destruction of the metal, the sealant may be powerless. In this case, it will be necessary to fully replace the part.
There are many manufacturers of liquid sealants. There are several leaders in the market that deservedly have many positive feedback from satisfied buyers:
- “Akvastop” – Line of liquid sealants manufactured by Aquaterm. Products are designed to repair hidden leaks in heating systems, pools, sewers and water supply systems.
- FIX-A-LEAK. The company specializes in the production of liquid sealants for swimming pools, spa. Released products are able to eliminate leak, filling the smallest cracks even in inaccessible places, does not require water replacement and is suitable for working with concrete, paint, liner, fiberglass, acrylic, plastic.
- HeatguardEx – firm producing high-quality sealant for heating systems of closed type. Liquid eliminates leaks, filling the microcrack, reduces pressure loss in pipes.
- BCG. The German company produces one of the highest quality polymerizing sealants in the market now. Products perfectly copes with sealing hidden leaks, solving the problem of education of new cracks and cracks for a long time. Used in the heating system, pools, water pipes. Can be used for concrete, metal, plastic surfaces.
To produce really high-quality repair, It is necessary to be guided by some advice on working with sealant.
- Choosing a liquid, you should carefully read it with its properties. Only knowing the composition of the solution and its purpose, you can eliminate leak, close the cracks, get a durable connection. It is only necessary to use that sealant that is suitable for this type of pipeline system.
- Various sealing compositions can act with various coolants, it must be considered, making a choice. Some are intended for the heating system within which water is located, others act in pipes filled with other liquids, for example, antifreeze, salt or anti-corrosion solutions.
- Before proceeding with work, you should make sure that the surface is clean and dry.
- Before pouring the liquid sealant inside the heating system, the amount of fluid that is planned to fill, must be pre-merged from the system.
- Separate attention should be paid to whether a means is resistant to high or low temperatures.
- After applying the liquid, it is better to immediately remove all excess from the surface. Through the solution very quickly, so after time it will be almost impossible.
- If the fault is detected in the heating system, before pouring the sealant to make sure that the expansion tank or boiler works correctly. In case of its malfunction, a decrease in pressure may occur, which is erroneously perceived for the formation of leakage in the pipes, places of compounds, the heat exchanger of the boiler.
- The solution begins about 3-4 days. It is possible to determine that it gave a positive effect when the sound of water droplets inside the system disappears, it will be dry on the floor, moisture will not be formed, the pressure inside the pipe stabilizes and will not decrease.
- If the pipes are made with the addition of aluminum, a week after infusion in them, the sealant liquid needs to be drained, and washed the pipeline.
- Working with liquid sealant, should be remembered about all safety rules. This is a chemical that requires careful circulation. If the solution fell on the skin or in the eye, it is necessary to wash the damaged space to a large amount of water. If the fluid got inside the body, you need to drink plenty of water, rinse your mouth and call ambulance.
- Sealing agent can not be stored near the acid.
- In order to dispose of liquid sealant, no need to comply with special conditions.
- If there is no possibility to buy a sealing composition, instead of it to eliminate leaks, you can try to use the mustard powder. For this you need to pour it into the expansion tank and wait a few hours. During this time, the leak must stop.
About how to choose a liquid sealant, see the following video.