Washing wallpapers today are especially relevant. Their main plus already follows from the name – such wallpaper canvases are not afraid of moisture and they can be cleaned even wet rag. Surface data are very relevant when finishing walls in the kitchen, bathroom or indoors exposed to pollution.
However, washable wallpapers have their own characteristics and are presented today in various models. Therefore, in order to choose the right wallpaper correctly, you must take into account some of their nuances.
The distinctive characteristics of washable coatings include the following points:
- Such wallpapers are very wear-resistant.
- Do not affect moisture.
- Easy to care.
- Have a high life.
When buying washable wallpaper, there must be a special marking on which special attention should be paid, as it will talk about the level of stability of the coating.
On the labeling wallpaper is divided into the following types:
- Moisture-resistant. On the marking of such wallpapers, one wave is drawn. Wipe them should be slightly damp cloth. With high humidity there is a risk to ruin coating. Therefore, glue them in such premises, such as the kitchen is not recommended.
- Washable. Marking with two waves. In this case, wipe the surface of such a coating is recommended by slightly detergent detergents.
- Supernaya. On the labeling of these coatings, three waves are indicated. Their surface can be wiped by applying sponge and various detergents and cleaning products.
- Superb and stable when cleaning. In this case, waves and brush are indicated on the label. Such wallpaper canvases can be cleaned with various detergent solutions and wipe off with a brush without feet.
What kinds are distinguished?
Now it is necessary to consider the types of wallpaper. They can be represented by the following models: vinyl, acrylic, glass, metal coatings, cork wallpapers on which wax coating is applied. All these species have their own features and properties during operation. Below will consider each type of washing wallpaper separately.
This type of washable coatings is the most massive and popular, due to their rather low cost and a wide range of selection. Such a model is not susceptible to fading from sunlight.
In turn, vinyl wallpapers can be divided into subspecies, depending on the methods of their production:
- Foamed vinyl canvas are quite voluminous, but at the same time very light. They do not require special preparation of the surface of the wall in front of their sticking. It is very convenient to use such canvases to hide some defects in the wall.
- Vinyl flat wallpaper are quite durable and dense material. Produce such wallpapers by hot embossing. Usually flat vinyl are produced under the imitation of the stone surface.
- Kitchen Vinyl. From the title it follows that this material is very convenient for wall decoration in the kitchens. These coatings are rather dense and thick, and they produce them with the use of rubberized vinyl, which makes their surface very resistant to moisture. Such wallpapers can be both smooth and relief.
It is obvious from the name that in the production of such wallpapers used acrylic, applied to the paper basis. Thanks to this layer, the material is resistant to moisture and easy to clean against pollution. It is worth noting that the material of these coatings has good air bandwidth. It is not recommended to wash such wallpapers using various detergents.
Best when cleaning such wallpapers use a wet sponge.
If the vinyl canvases are selected for wet room, such as a bathroom or kitchen, then you should choose wallpapers containing fliselin. Flizelin coatings are very resistant to high humidity. The life of this material is approximately 20 years.
The main plus of this model – environmental friendliness. In their production, the addition of active chemicals is not applied. Initially, such wallpapers are a dry powder and when applied to the wall they need to be thoroughly mixed with water. Stir recommended by hand.
This material should be applied to the wall with a thin layer to avoid irregularities. Special preparation of walls for applying liquid composition is not required.
- Fabric. Such a model is quite exclusive and used infrequently. It uses a textile layer and paper base.
- Film. This type of material is manufactured by applying polyvinyl chloride masses on the paper basis. Such a layer makes the surface of moisture-resistant.
- Glass equipment. The basis for the material of this model is glass filaments, which makes the canvas incredibly durable, non-combustible, wear-resistant and durable. The life of their operation is more than 20 years. It is worth noting that such a coating can be painted independently in any suitable color. It is desirable to use latex or acrylic paint.
- Metal wallpaper. In the manufacture of this type of coating, a paper base and aluminum foil is used. These coatings have a large spectrum of advantages: they are more durable, compared to all other species, do not require the preparation of the wall before sticking, increase the level of noise insulation, incredibly resistant to high humidity and very simple in cleaning.
- Cork Wallpaper with wax. Such a model is the most natural and clean for the coverage of the walls, since these wallpaper are made of cortex of cork trees. The wax layer on top of the base ensures this type of moisture protection. But it is not recommended to clean them with household chemicals.
- Ceiling. Such a model has a lower cost, compared to stretch ceilings and looks pretty aesthetic. Such material does not require careful surface preparation.
When sticking washing wallpaper, it is necessary to take into account some features:
- Special attention when sticking washable surfaces It is worth paying the glue on which wallpaper will hold. Such glue must have a stronger effect than for ordinary paper surfaces. For each type of wallpaper there is a glue. For surfaces with a metallic coating, a dispersion glue with a foundation of a fungicide is commonly used.
- Special attention in sticking should be given to the seams so that in the process of operation and purification of the edge of the wallpaper did not move away from the wall when the moisture penetration under the seam penetration. If there is a gap between the seams, the strips will turn around and lose their external advantages.
- It is not necessary to wash the surface too often, because for any coverage, frequent cleaning will be harmful.
Than you can wash?
For washing the surface at home best choose a softer sponge. You also need to prepare a dry rag in advance.
Next, you need to fill the basin with warm water. After that it is necessary to add a cleaning agent. For washing wallpaper is also suitable soapy chips, which can be done, losing a piece of household soap on a grater or finely cutting it with a knife. The chips are added to the pelvis with water and is thoroughly mixed or manually, or using a mixer.
Next, you should well moisten the cooked sponge in the resulting solution and squeeze it slightly. By contaminated area it is worth performing smooth movements with a sponge without applying special efforts. After that, it is necessary to wipe the remains of a soap solution from the surface of the coating in advance of a dry cloth.
For small contaminants, the method of removal of stains is suitable for soapy.
Many hostesses also often use a solution of food soda to wash the wallpaper cloth. This is a rather old and proven way that will help wash the dirt and fall. One liter of water should add 20-30 grams of food soda, which will be found in any kitchen.
To remove more frightening pollution, for example, fat spots are best used to use household chemicals. When applying them, the following carefully familiarize yourself with the composition so that there is no risk to damage the surface of the web.
Options and examples in the interior
Some recommendations on the use of wallpaper interior design:
- If, when repairing rooms, it is planned to glue different models of wallpapers, it is necessary to choose the model of the same thickness.
- Bright colors are best combined with gentle, pastel or beige tones.
- It is necessary to level the surface of the walls before sticking.
- Modern and creative movement is considered to be the allocation of one wall in the room with the help of original cloths. Such a wall should have a bright and bright color, and all the rest of the walls are desirable to give neutral and monophonic colors.
- Almost in any furniture store, the seller can provide you with a catalog with goods and examples with original wall design.
- If there is no confidence in the right choice of color of the wallpaper, you can buy “trial” rolls of different models and at home to see which room is suitable.
- By purchasing textured wallpapers, you can paint them in any color to your taste, as this type of coating is made specifically colorless for further painting.
- Wall mural with a picture of a metropolis or landscape will help visually enlarge the room.
- If there is a low ceiling in the room, then the designers advise to use the wall coating with vertical stripes, and for a narrow room or corridor – with horizontal.
More information about washing wallpaper See next video.