Wallpaper is a universal decorative material that is used for interior decoration of walls. One of its disadvantages is a limited service life, which requires consistent replacement of the entire coating. Dismantling of these crafts is not always easy.
To highlight and facilitate the process will help to remove wallpaper. With their help, you can remove the canvas in a short time with minimal effort.
Wallpaper removal tools are used only for surfaces with which glue concluded very well. Today there are many liquids with which you can solve such a task. These compositions are universal and suitable for dugout both paper and vinyl products. But if you used liquid crystal wallpaper, it is impossible to remove them with solutions.
To do this, it will be necessary to use special grinding machines and apply the heating of the walls of the walls to weaken the adhesion between the materials.
Almost all types of glue consist of organic components. Therefore, to remove the old wallpaper from the walls to use substances that dissolve such mixtures. It should be noted that fluids for removing such materials in their structure are very similar to conventional detergents.
Therefore, many use the latter for the preparation of solvents at home.
Solvents consist of several components:
These compounds not only quickly dissolve glue under wallpaper, but also penetrate the structure of the canvas themselves very well.
Several advantages should be highlighted:
- Mixtures are fully safe for human health, since their composition does not include toxic components. But at the same time, chemicals here are still present, so they can accumulate over time on the surface of the walls.
- Preparation of the solution – a pretty simple procedure, since all components are easily dissolved in water.
- Substances are not burning and not melted, which eliminates the risk of accidental ignition.
- The solutions are completely hypoallergenic, which allows them to use them in almost any room at home.
- Products practically does not interact with other finishing materials. But when using some species, it is still better to prevent them from entering the surface of other substances.
- Relatively low cost. Therefore, allowing such a makeup can almost every.
- No smell. These mixtures are distinguished by aromas that are present in a conventional washing powder or detergent.
Wallpaper removal fluids still differ in composition. So it is important to consider when choosing such goods.
Removal of old wallpaper is necessary only to replace them with new models. Today, the most common way to dismantle them is wetting.
This process can be described by several sequential steps:
- It is originally prepared by a solution. Its composition is selected, depending on the type of wallpaper. Often manufacturers produce mixtures for both paper and flieslinic materials. But for the latter, you will need to use a liquid with a higher concentration of active substances. Therefore, before cooking, be sure to read the instructions where the exact ratios of water and the acquired composition are written.
- So that active substances soluted the glue, need to do several holes on the surface of the paper. This will allow liquids faster to leak into the lower layers. Today, special gear rollers are used for such damage, which simply cut and override the wallpaper material. But if there is no such, then you can make a lot of holes with a conventional knife.
The main thing is to simply damage the top layer of the material to give to penetrate the water.
At this stage you need to moisten the surface of the wallpaper. You can do this using a conventional brush or sprayer. The last option in everyday life is very rare, because it is not always available.
So that the mixture does not fall into finishing and other products, they need to close or make out of the room.
- Completes the procedure for removing sheets. Please note that it is only necessary to do this after a certain time after wetting. Otherwise you can only remove those pieces that moisturized, leaving the dry segments on the wall. It is best to do this with a spatula or a knife, which should simply come up with the corners and remove paper with hands.
If the canvas are torn apart, then after removing a piece, you need to try to wet the paper again and leave. In order not to wait, you can simply remove the wallpaper from other parts of the wall.
The previously described algorithm fits almost all types of wallpaper and surfaces. If the products are glitched on drywall, then it should be very careful to wet it. It is necessary not to damage the paper frame, which holds a sheet in solid state.
If there are special wallpapers for painting or materials that are glued to the bustide, then it is almost impossible to remove them with solutions. To do this, apply either heating or mechanical grinding of the wall, which requires considerable effort and time. But such approaches today are quite rare, since everyone is trying to use only safe adhesives for installation work.
How to choose?
The compositions for removal of wallpaper today are very widespread, which led to the emergence of many types of their species. But almost all of them consist of similar components that are simply mixed in various concentrations. When choosing means it is important to pay attention not only to what wallpapers they are intended, but also on their manufacturer.
Wallpaper manufacturers today offer several varieties of compositions for their removal.
The use of similar products has several advantages:
- The composition of the mixture is fully suitable under a certain type of glue and materials. This eliminates the risk that it will not work as in the example with improvised solutions.
- The preparation of fluid takes only a few minutes, which allows you to speed up the repair work.
There are several types of such products on the market, among which several brands can be distinguished:
- Methilan (Metylan). The products of the German company Henkel is the most popular in the domestic market. Differs reliability and qualitative interaction with all types of wallpaper.
- Axton. As the main component, here is the non-ionic surfactant in the aqueous phase. After applying the residues of the mixture, you can not wash off.
- Quelyd. Products of the French company allows you to work not only with various types of wallpaper, but even with several of their layers. The mixture is characterized by low consumption and high efficiency.
- Kleo And many other means.
But the popularity of products leads to the emergence of many fakes and cheap analogs on the market. Therefore, experts recommend buying similar goods only in proven outlets. As for manufacturers, here only customer reviews are the optimal quality indicator.
So try to pay attention to them so that you are not deceived and ordered ordinary soap water.
Cooking with your own hands
Mixes for removal of wallpaper are not distinguished by a complex component structure. Almost all compositions include conventional water and several chemical solvents. Today, folk craftsmen are preparing similar mixes and at home.
There are many recipes, among which several main maintenance can be distinguished:
- The solution will need vinegar and warm water. Dilute the components should be in filling several main: Rapti 1: 8, respectively. When the mixture is obtained, it can be calmly applied to the surface of the wallpaper.
- Hot water and air conditioning for linen. The percentage ratio of components should be approximately 2 to 1. After that, the resulting solution is needed using the spray gun to apply on the wallpaper. Before dismantling, it is desirable to wait about 20-25 minutes.
- Washing powder and hot water. For one portion you will need 1 kg of mixture and 10 l liquid. Before starting processing you need to mix the components. It is important here that the powder completely dissolved. After that, as well, using a pulverizer or sponge we apply a mixture to wallpaper.
Please note that if you apply solutions using a conventional brush, then you need to adhere to security rules. This is especially important when hot water is used, which can easily damage the skin.
When using folk methods, experts are recommended to follow a few simple recommendations:
- Prepare solutions should only be prepared with clean water that does not contain other impurities.
- Wallpaper after that it is better to shoot with a spatula.
- When the walls are cleaned, then you must need to wash off the residues of the solution and the powder, which it contained.
Wallpaper removal means is one of the options for quick dismantling. But it should be understood that many types of material on paper based can be easily removed even with conventional water and scraper
Therefore, before purchasing specialized funds, you should try whether it is possible to do this without additional costs.
But if the wall surface is characterized by high-quality clutch with wallpaper, then special solvents are the best solution for their removal. But it is important to take into account not only the structure and composition of the wallpaper, but also the type of foundation on which they are glued. Therefore, after analyzing all the parameters, you can choose high-quality products, which can cope with almost any type of wallpaper.
In more detail about what means will help you quickly remove old wallpapers, tells the following video.