So that the tiles are firmly held on the surface, it is necessary to use reliable and high-quality tile glue, which would be adjusted under all the features of the room, such as the bathroom. Many of those who have repaired repairs are preferred by the “Unis Plus” adhesive. What features and what he deserves recognition in the market?
This glue is universal and can be used for various work both inside and outside the room. He has a cement base with mineral fillers and other chemical reagents, Due to which this mixture has high-quality technical specifications:
- High clutch coefficient.
- Moisture resistance, which is especially important for facing the premises with large humidity or pools.
- Resistant to temperature differences. The properties of glue do not change regardless of weather conditions. It is withstanding the temperature from -50 to +70 degrees.
- The mixture has an environmentally safe composition, so it does not cause allergies.
- Solution, and with it and tile, will not start sliding from the wall, because glue has plasticity. It is firmly fixed on the surface.
The mixture is easy to prepare and apply, while the glue consumption is quite economical and is about three or four kilograms per 1 m2 (everything depends on the tiles size). The mixture is usually sold in bags weighing 25 kg, which simplifies the task of calculating the amount of glue for certain finishing works. Packaging 25 kg enough to an area of 8 square meters. Glue dries for twenty-four hours.
How to prepare the surface?
In order for the tile to be smoothly, it is necessary to start working carefully with the base and to prepare it as follows:
- Old finish is removed, be it a screed or crestable plaster.
- If the surface in cracks and other defects, the base is aligned with plaster.
- The surface should be dry, without any pollution and oil spots.
- If the room with high humidity, then it is better to make a procedure for coating waterproofing.
- The primer is necessary in order for the base for laying has become smooth. So the grip will be more reliable and durable. If the surface is not aligned, then the tile will start peeling or cracking over time. Better prevent these consequences in advance.
How to knead the solution?
This procedure will require a suitable capacity. All tools should not be dirty.
Algorithm of work.
- Glue must be breeding in a ratio of 250 ml of water per 1 kg of dry composition.
- Then three to five minutes the resulting mass must be stirred. It is best to do this with a special mixer or a drill, which has a special nozzle. If there is nothing of the above, then you can stir glue with hand. As a result, a homogeneous consistency should turn out.
- It is important to remember that the properties of the mixture after cooking are saved only three hours, so it is important to correctly calculate the amount of the necessary glue for a certain amount of work. When thickening, the mixture is mixed again, you do not need to add water.
- If you do not comply with the proportions, add additional components to the solution, not follow the recommendations in the instructions, the resulting mixture may not correspond to the stated characteristics.
How to apply?
After the surface is prepared, and the glue has the form of a homogeneous consistency, you can start applying to the wall or gender.
For this process will require a spatula. With the help of it, a smooth layer of composition with a thickness of 3 to 15 millimeters is applied, you must not forget to align it with a special grain or a spatula with a tooth. If the squares of the tile of large sizes, then the teeth should be from 8 millimeters.
It is important to monitor the uniform distribution of adhesive mass. Voids will turn into unpleasant consequences in the future, so the tile is better to press a little to the surface.
After the material is laid, it can still be corrected for twenty minutes. Dries glue exact day. Then you can move freely on the tile (if the finishing works were made on the floor).After completion, it is necessary to remove an excess adhesive mass that remains on the front of the tiles and the tile seams. If the excess composition remains in the seam, a number of problems may occur when its grout.
- If you put a grout on the crude seam, then in the future it will start cracking because it will be thin.
- Another reason why remove glue residues is aesthetics. If through the grouting it will peel the adhesive mass, then no matter how beautiful the tile is, it will be spoiled.
- The use of colored grouts on the seam with the remnants of glue will result in the fact that after drying it will differ in color with the rest of the grout. The thing is that in this place it will be fine and not so durable. The result will turn out to be neakkurat.
To avoid these unpleasant consequences, you need to remove glue residues while it is in a soft condition, otherwise it will be much more difficult to do it. For the procedure you need a knife. With the help of its blades from the edges of the tile, it is easy to remove the remains of the adhesive mass.
If the mixture has already frozen, then you need to use a special knife, which is designed for a clutter seam. First you need to make a cut in the center of the seam and scrape with a knife dry glue from the edge of each tile. If required, you can clean the tile using an abrasive grater. And in the completion of the seam procedure can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner so that there is no small particle from the glue.
Another important advice: after laying the tile, you should not immediately start the seams immediately. You need to wait until glue “grab”, the time of breathing is on the package. If the adhesive mass is still wet, and the grout process has already begun, then in the final result it can manifest another color. Therefore, it is important to strictly observe all step-by-step instructions both in the dilution of glue and in its application.
Unis offers a wide range of glue. Each of them is intended for a certain type of work and has individual technical specifications.
As for the glue “Unis Plus”, it is universal, it can be used under various types of materials. It is safe and used to repair in institutions where there are small children. Glue is suitable for any other finishing works (only cladding of the basement is impossible with it). It is for sale in red packaging.
- The applied layer should not be thicker one and a half centimeters;
- The properties of glue do not disappear three hours during operation;
- Correct the tile after laying can be within fifteen minutes;
- dries glue 24 hours;
- Withstand extreme temperatures from -70 to +50 degrees.
This type of mix is different from the predecessor in that it does not have a high frost resistance, so it is not recommended to use it in extreme conditions. This glue is usually used for ceramics, concrete with internal and outdoor wall cladding.
- The composition solidifies approximately 36 hours later;
- It is possible to adjust the position of the tile for ten minutes after it is laid;
- Temperature range with good operation – from -50 to +50 degrees;
- The glue is able to withstand a large weight of the tile – up to 80 kilograms per m2.
This product is usually used to finish the floor tiles and walls inside and outside the premises. He moves well humidity, which is his great dignity.
- The adhesive composition is applied with a smooth layer not exceeding ten millimeters;
- Does not lose one of its properties of three hours;
- withstands temperature modes from -50 to +50 degrees.
- Weight limitations – no more than 40 kilograms per square meter.
This glue is able to withstand heavy weight (up to 110 kilograms per square meter), so using it you can work with stones plates, as well as with porcelain stoneware. Suitable for finishing not only walls, but also the facade with the basement. Its composition is safe, so widely used in children’s institutions. Peculiarities:
- With this glue, you can not be afraid of slab slips, so it is used to finish not only walls and gender, but also the ceilings;
- The solution has increased frost resistance, it is easy to work with it outside the room;
- dries a mixture of about 36 hours;
- Sold in packs 25 kilograms;
- To prepare a solution, a ratio of a mixture with water 5: 1 is necessary;
- The properties of glue are saved for three hours, and adjust the location of the tile or other cladding is possible within 10 minutes after laying.
Difficult surfaces can be given to this glue, while the laying can be performed both usually and in the direction from top to bottom.
- layers applied to this or that base can reach one and a half centimeters;
- Correction of material after laying can be carried out within fifteen minutes;
- The properties of the cooked solution are not lost up to five hours of operation;
- is environmentally safe and does not cause allergic reactions;
- As for the flow rate of the mixture, it is three and a half kilogram for one meter in a square.
The glue is designed for complex work with such types of materials like tile, marble, mosaic, and T. D. It is resistant to frosty weather and elastic. It can be used both for outdoor and interior decoration, especially including wet rooms. Its cost above predecessors.
Properties of this glue:
- For the preparation of homogeneous mass, a ratio is 5: 1;
- The adhesive layer is not thicker than one centimeter;
- The time of correction of errors when working with tiles – 15 minutes;
- Like the rest of the adhesive, he does not lose its properties for three hours after cooking;
- Operating temperature – from -50 to +70 degrees;
- dry composition 24 hours.
This type of glue can be called the weakest among other assortment of this brand. It has a small price and suitable for laying ordinary tiles in the bathroom, kitchen, on the balcony.
The main properties of this product:
- The mixture is placed in water in a ratio of 5.5 K 1;
- The layers applied should not be thicker one and a half centimeters;
- Correct the position of the tile can be within ten minutes;
- Drying time – twenty-four hours;
- This glue is sold in packs 25 kilograms, but it is precisely this kind of mixture that can be quite rare on the store shelves.
Unis Swimming pool
Judging by the title you can guess where this type of glue is used. The zone of its action is wet rooms and even the inner surface of the pools or jacuzzi. It is applied to ceramic tiles, mosaic, concrete, brickwork, plasterboard coatings, old tile.
Glue has sufficiently high technical characteristics:
- Resistance to moisture, which corresponds to its intended purpose;
- glue withstands temperature differences in one hundred degrees;
- The material is spent economically – a little more than three kilograms per meter in a square;
- The solution does not lose its characteristics of three hours after dilution, so you should calculate the required amount of the mixture for a specific area (this applies to large areas) and divide the mixture on portions;
- which swing the thickness of the applied layer, then it must be 3-6 millimeters;
- To adjust and equalize the errors on the tile there are ten minutes;
- dry glue during the day, during which time it is forbidden to walk through the cafél (if the finishing works were made on the floor);
- Temperature operation – from -50 to +70 degrees.
These are the main types of “Unis Plus” adhesive. Each of them has its own technical characteristics and applies to a certain type of facing. You should pay attention to the listed properties in order not to be mistaken in the choice of glue of this brand.
Advantages of products
Customer Reviews who purchased Unis Plus glue for finishing works are mostly positive.
Among the advantages of this product are allocated:
- richness of the range (for different types of surfaces);
- comfortable packaging 25 kg;
- durability and efficiency;
- glue is easy to breed and apply;
- For each type of products, an instruction manual is attached, which greatly facilitates work with this composition;
- Glue made according to GOST and has all certificates of conformity.
Unis Plus is high-quality products at an affordable price, suitable for lining a variety of surfaces. The main thing, follow the instructions for use, and the end result will please the eye for many years.
Comparison of tile glue of different manufacturers is clearly represented in video.