Metal spatula found its application in the construction sector: It is used to lay the leveling layer of plaster, applying textured solutions and adhesive compositions. This tool is made from a variety of materials. The most practical and reliable is considered a metallic option.
Metal spatulas were obtained the greatest distribution when performing repair and finishing works. They are used with the most different types of building mixtures: with glue for tiles, putty, decorative plaster. With this tool, you can quickly and easily perform a draft finish and finishing plane alignment.
The work plate of the spatula is made of sheet metal and has a trapezoidal form. It is fixed on wooden, rubber or plastic handle. Stainless steel models or special spring steel, which ensures maximum ease of operation of this type of facing tools.
Such steel has elasticity, when conducting capital work, it is not deformed. That is why such a type of tool is very practical and durable.
Many unscrupulous manufacturers are used to make equipment carbon steel with spraying, which gives it the external similarity with stainless steel. During operation, the sprayed layer begins to gradually collapse, and this leads to the oxidation of the metal and the beginning of its corrosion. Cosuer must be a layer of fatty lubricant: it is them to cover a cheap metal to preserve its appearance. Such a coating immediately indicates fake.
Metal spatula in demand when performing various operations. For each of them you need a separate type of tool. Some products are optimal for sealing the joints of panel facing materials, others are needed to align the wall surfaces and ceilings indoors and on the facades of the building, the third are relevant when applying glue under the tile and other decorative materials. To facilitate the facing, the repairman will need to know all the basic characteristics of the selection of this finishing instrument.
Metal spatulas can vary in their dimensions. Length depends on the features of the work and each time it is selected separately. An extended spatula, like too short, is unlikely to be a good choice. When spacing surfaces, the elongated canvas begins to fake and worsen the quality of the finish finish.
Universal width for internal facing works – 100-150 mm, for the finishing of the exterior – 300-400 mm. Narrow products (up to 10 mm) are relevant when finishing hard-to-reach zones. Fully align the surface with such a tool is unlikely to succeed, as it repeats all the irregularities of the walls.
The product width of 100-200 mm got the name of the set, because it helps to apply a plaque solution for a working base.
Models up to 350 mm efficiently spill compact surfaces. Align the walls with significant curvature, as well as eliminate large-scale and coarse defects allow tools width more than 300 mm. Using products with a width of 600 mm, you can perform the starting finish of walls with a coarse draft layer.
Tip: If you do not have much experience in the finish, then pack for yourself a two-way different-dimensional model or a set of 3-4 tools of different types.
How to choose?
Among the variety of a model range of metal spatulas for wall cladding and facades, the following products.
- Unprofessional. Masters sometimes call them disposable. In his own way, they resemble a thin plate (less than 0.5 mm thick), attached to plastic handle.
- Professional. The thickness of the working plate is 1 mm. The canvas does not bend at intensive pressure.
If you are not a fingerprint, it does not make sense to acquire a tool width more than 400 mm. Work such a device without having appropriate skills and skills will be quite difficult.
In general, the steel tool provides comfortable conditions for facing. However, special requirements are presented to the quality of such products.
- The work plate is made of stainless steel. It should be easy to clean with water. Such a metal is durable and resistant to abrasion. When pressed, the working facility is quickly returning to its original position. If the product is chrome-plated either glitter, most likely, it is threatened by premature corrosion and rust.
- The edge of the metal tool must be aligned. If any irregularities, you need to immediately refuse to buy.
- The spatula must be comfortable to be placed in the palms, not slipping and not cause excessive stress in the muscles.
- Special attention should be paid to the handle: it can be silicone, plastic or wooden. The choice should be done, focusing exclusively on your own sensations and adequate value ratio and quality. No need to overpay for the brand.
Nowadays, stores are offered a wide range of metal spatula manufacturers. The most demand is the most demand of European brands Matrix, Homa, as well as SANTOO and EUROTEX. Among the Russian enterprises, according to consumers, the products “Zubr” have proven better than the rest. All these manufacturers give a long warranty to their products, which indicates the exceptional quality of tools, practicality and convenience in working with them.
Scope of application
Metal spatula models found their use in different decorations. So, you can highlight the following product options.
- Malaria. Suitable for finishing cladding ceilings and walls. With the help of this device, the straight of the draft coating, elimination of dents, chips and cracks, and the disguise of the seams.
- Facade. Relevant in the organization of facade works. Thanks to the impressive sizes, it allows you to quickly treat volumetric area.
- Angular. Allows you to separate the external and internal angles of buildings.
- Scraper. Indispensable when performing dismantling. Effectively removes the layer of old oil paint, the remnants of tiled glue and wallpaper.
- Gear. Found its use when applying adhesive composition under the tile.
- Figured. Gives the final coverage of the relief and an interesting texture.