Planning repairs, you have to deal with the problem of choosing a facing material, the dimensions of which play an important role. So, the sizes of ceramic tiles are especially important, often interested in buyers a variety of 20×30 cm, so in this article we will deal with the subtleties of the selection of the material of the facing of this size.
Features and characteristics
This tile size today is one of the standard and common. It allows you to significantly simplify the finish of the surfaces: Large varieties of glue more difficult in weight.
It has the value and trimming of the material: the parameter of the fragment 20 to 30 cm is convenient because in most cases there are no residues during pruning. This allows you to significantly save on the purchase of material even taking into account the additional percentage of a possible marriage during transportation and trimming.
Characteristics of cladding material depend on the type of tile. Due to the size of the size, modern trademarks offer the attention of the buyer wall and outdoor cladding. Wall-mounted species complement the border.
The intended difference is explained by the thickness of the fragments and the level of extremely permissible weight and mechanical load. Externally tile for floor thicker.
If a kind doesn’t have a glaze, it is thinner.
Fragments of wall ceramic tiles without glazes 20 by 30 cm in thickness are 7-9 mm. More often they are used for kitchen facing apron. The weight of the floor tile is more, which speaks of a higher resistance to abrasion.
The thickness of the layer at the same time averages 8-10 mm. The weight of each species is subject to the developed GOST: for the tile wall variety it is 12-14 kg per square meter. The glazed floor tiles in size 200×300 mm weigh an average of 16 kg per square. M.
Accurate calculation will allow you to buy a precise amount of raw materials for decoration. Tiled material is considered not ply, and square meters. This fragment is found for this.
The calculation is quite simple:
- translate dimensions to meters (0.2 width, 0.3 height);
- multiplied the length of the width (03, * 0.2 = 0.06 m);
- Deliver 1 square meter on the tile area (1: 0.06 = 16.66 m).
It turns out that 1 m2 accounts for 17 pieces of tiles in size 200×300 mm. Knowing this and the number of fragments in the box, you can calculate the total number of facing material. To understand how much you need in each case, it will remain to substitute instead of the unit size of the quadrature of the desired area. To do this, measure the length and width of the area under the laying and variable (for example, 2×4 = 8 m2, then the total consumption will be: 8: 0.06 = 133.3 or 134 fragment).
How much in the package?
To date, the number of tiles in the package may be different. It depends on the standards of the manufacturer, taking into account the transportation range and the thickness of the material. The greater the thickness of the identical fragments, the less they are in the package.
The standards of companies of different countries are distinguished: Some brands put in packaging more facing, others care about the process of delivery on the store store goods did not break.
In one box there are 24 tiles of size 20×30 cm. It is enough for the surface treatment of 1.5 kV. M. excluding marriage. The weight of the box is 17 kg and more.
To date, this material is presented in a wide range. Due to this color solutions multifaceted. As a rule, among them there are no excess acidic and screaming tones: all tones are soft and pleasant to the eyes.
The focus of the shades of pastel and natural gamma. The first includes beige, dairy, cream, light pink, white-blue tones, diluted pistachio and olive colors.
No less interesting texture for wood and marble. These fragments are made in brown, brick, sand, terracotta colors, bright and dark shades of Oak Wenge.
Survived palette paints are peach, cornflower, emerald, mint tone. Difficulty drawings: It can be the effects of surface formation (cracks), butterflies, sea and beach topics, curls, lace, single monogram.
No less popular geometric prints and models for mosaic.
How to choose?
The choice of material depends the detachment of factors.
We list the main:
- Material for cladding walls is also not intended for the floor, like floor tiles are not suitable for walls: non-compliance with this criterion will complicate stacking, reduce the durability of the coating.
- Raw materials buy performing a preliminary calculation by adding several pieces to the resulting number of fragments (in the process of work, marriage is not excluded).
- It matters color: it should fit into the overall picture of the room, without interrupting the main interior background.
- When choosing a picture, take into account the size and topic: a small print on a general background creates ripples (cage, strip, the cargo is better replaced by abstract divorces).
- Laying the surface by a one-photon option is good for the floor, an emphasis is necessary for the walls: it is necessary to buy a companion with a drawing.
- If possible, it is necessary to perform calibration before purchasing: if the thickness and impeccability of the angles leave the better, this material does not fit the work (the surface of the finished canvase may differ by level).
- Each type of raw materials has its own classification, which is indicated on the package. Try to choose the goods with a red mark: This tile is durable and practical.
- It makes sense to take practical material: in priority surfaces with an interesting texture and pattern. This is not necessarily a motley pattern: it is better to see the imitation of textures (stone, bricks, wood, parquet).
- Exclude complex patterns: they get tired of their eyes. To estimate the perception of the material while in the store, put a few tiles together and go out: you will see the expediency of buying this species.
- Purchase the material with icing. It adds strength to the coating and extends the life of the material.
What else to consider?
In addition to the main criteria, it is important to think about transportation. Some companies sell material 200 by 300 mm. In other stores, each box is revealed to check. So the packaging is impaired and the delivery is complicated. Carry home without a dense winding is fraught with the fact that the angles can break down.
In some large stores, a separate table with packaging raw materials is provided for the buyer to have the opportunity to packed the finishing material. It is worth using this: it will save fragments from chipping when delivered.
Do not try to put more tiles into the box: as long as the material is not glued to the surface by means of tiled glue, it can form chip corners. This is especially true for wall finishes. Neacocratic appeal and loose self-packaging may cause one fragment to scratch the front surface of another, which will increase the percentage of defective parts and complicate the laying.
If you bought several boxes, it is preferable to carry them without installing one to another. Unacceptable superimposition of other building materials (bag of tiled glue, grouts, primer for floors, border).
To the size of the tile 20×30 cm need plastic crosses with a size of 1.5-2 mm. This is enough so that possible irregularities of the faces and corners will not be noticeable. For outdoor varieties, it is better to take krubs 2 mm. Large size is inappropriate: it will be visually spoiled the appearance of the facing canvas.
In addition, the seams are a sick place of cladding: what they are more, the greater the probability of reducing service life.
What glue is fits?
Due to the small size tiles, laying surfaces is easy. However, not every makeup is worthy of attention. When buying, choose between tiled brands tiled glue “Cerisit” and “Yunis”. Both companies have a positive assessment of professional masters and homemade craftsmen.
This composition allows you to make a light laying: the tile falls smoothly, it is set to optimally quickly, and there is always the possibility of adjustment if you need to adjust the level. To increase the durability of the coating, add PVA glue.
Wall and floor tiles measuring 20×30 cm gets positive customer reviews. Masters like working with this size: such a tile is convenient in laying, it looks better than a small variety resembling a mosaic.
Due to the size, you can significantly save the time of workers. Pleases the professionals that the standard size allows you to choose a framing that will give facing a complete appearance and originality.
In the next video you will learn how to put the tile on the old tiled facing.