When repairing an apartment, the trim of the walls and the floor is played with ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles. Dynamically developing technologies for the production of finishing materials offer a wide selection of equipment to simplify the process. Of course, the easiest way to realize your ideas is to hire a professional dismantling in the intact of the process. However, even if you have never been repaired, the tile alignment system may come to the rescue.
Unlike the standard method of laying with the use of plastic crosses, SVP has a kind of wedges equipped with clamps. Clamp is a T-shaped part, the upper part of which is easily separated from the bottom and removed after drying the glue. The lower part of the clamp – the base – remains under the laid tiled before it dismantle the next time. Wedge can also be used from ten to fifty times depending on the type of construction. With it, adjacent tiles are aligned in height, and the glue is distributed through the coating area with a uniform layer.
The advantages of SVP are:
- Speed and simplicity of use compared to traditional methods.
- Uniform distribution and, as a result, glue savings.
- After drying the adhesive mixture, the tile does not seek, it does not work out and is not deformed under the weight of the furniture installed on it, because when drying it was tightly pressed to the surface and fixed.
- The ability to reuse wedges in the next installation of the system.
- Abundance of feedback and video instructions for installation and dismantling this system.
The disadvantages of such systems are:
- Large time loss to install and disassembling wedges in the absence of experience in their use.
- Clean the seams and the facial surface of the laid tiles from the glue and garbage drops is possible only after the complete removal of all the parts of the system.
- Additional charges for the purchase and delivery of tile alignment systems.
- Inappropriateness of the cost of use when coating small areas in residential premises.
There are various types of data systems:
- Wedge – Plastic clins of repassing and clamps that are used by one-time, 3D crosses with an anatomical ring. Apply to laying tiles, the thickness of which ranges from 5 to 12 mm. The lower part of the equalizers is made in the form of a molded plastic part with a flat base and a protruding crossbar.
At the location of the crossbar compounds with the base, an incision is provided for easier removal of the crossbar after frozen. Wedge has a horizontal incision in the expanding part so that it moved freely by the clamp, and the joint of two tiles pressed. It is also made of plastics.
- Capper – plastic wedges with fixing lock inside. Used for tiles thick from 5 to 25 mm. Represent a disposable corrugated rod and clamping cap with a clip. To tighten the tile, this SVP requires an additional device that can be included in the kit and get it separately.
- With manual screw tightening Or the studs of the parts are connected and tightened with a plastic nut or metal heap manually. For the leveling of adjacent tiles, a carving is used on the details. The screw is delayed manually, and when using a metal tile, the screwdriver is suitable for the desired size or screwdriver.
- Whole – not collapsible wedges that apply one-time. Tiles are combined in height with two moving latches located at the top of the system. This is the cheapest and simple to use SVP, so it is perfect for lovers who first perform the styling of the tile with their own hands. When buying, you need to pay attention to the difference in license plate on the system. They must fit the thickness tile used.
Also you can independently make a system of leveling of tiles from undergraduate materials. You will need an aluminum wire from which the rectangular frame must be bent. Frame height – 1.5-2 mm and width – 0.8-1 mm. The ends of the wire must be twisted into a small flagellum, for which it will be possible to stay when installing a wedge.
To simplify donoma after drying the glue at the base, the frame bite at the right points with simple bodies. Nizhny stop can be made of small cutting of a metal profile, plates, or other flat material residues. A small plastic or wooden wedge is inserted from the top of the wire twisting. In order to avoid its shift, you can also put a small gasket of cutting Fiberboard. In 30 minutes you can easily make up to 100-150 such clamps and save about 1000-2000 rubles for the purchase of SBP from eminent manufacturers.
SVP are used both when repairing bathrooms, bathrooms and kitchens in ordinary residential apartments and when finishing large trading or industrial areas. The system is used to align the tile in a single plane by changing the thickness of the adhesive seam by applying the dynamic force to the joints of ceramic tiles. With the right calculation, the specialist will not just be able to put ceramics much faster, but also better both on horizontal surfaces and on vertical, laying on which is even more labor-intensive process.
Comparison of domestic and foreign systems
The main difference between the domestic leveling system of the tile tile is that it consists of two simple parts: the lower part is placed under the tile and is one-time, and the upper part is a wedge or washer that can be reused. When it is used, there is no need for any additional tools and devices. All work is easy to produce both professional tiles and an unprepared person without special skills.
Removal of the upper part of the system after pouring the glue can be made by any infrident materials, including hammers, nippers, and even kick. Foreign analogs have a more complex design. Clips are produced both wedges and similar to flexible petals. Consider the pros and cons of domestic and foreign systems on the example of SVP Litolevel Russian production and SVP Rubi Tille Level produced by Spain.
SVP Litolevel (Russia)
- Low price (from 500 to 1000 rubles. In various stores for the kit 150 pcs. );
- Reliability (design is simple and durable, with delivery almost no chance of damage to parts);
- Easy to use (even an unprepared person will understand the instructions and can immediately begin to work);
- the ability to continue work the next day (the base area is small, but strong, so it can be inserted even in already frying glue);
- Excludes the use of additional tools (when you install only your hands, and when dismantling the upper parts you can use any healthy tool).
- low quality products (threads easy to disrupt, if you attach a little more effort than the system requires);
- Possible screed breaks when removing the washer (when dismantling the residues of the system, it is necessary to strike clearly along the seam line, and if you donate and hit at an angle, there is an opportunity to break the screed in the inadequate place).
SVP Rubi Tille Level Spanish Production
- High quality material and innovative technologies (higher quality plastics, reliable fasteners);
- The possibility of fixing the tiles of various thickness (flexible petals allow you to reliably fix even the tile of various thicknesses);
- Easy disassembly (before use it is necessary to place nylon screeds into the water for 30 minutes: it will increase their elasticity and reduce the risk of breaks during installation, and they are easily removed by ticks after the adhesive drying);
- Always burst into the intended place (a qualitatively realized design of the weakening of the screed).
- High cost (from 5000 rubles. For a complete set of 100 pcs. in various stores);
- Weak fixator (when glue hitting the lock, it ceases to hold the tile in the desired position);
- service life is 6-7 times (in contrast to simple wedges or washers, the caps can be reused to maximize 7 times, they are not enough for greater);
- The impossibility of long-term breaks (insert the screed into the filled glue is almost impossible due to the large area of the base of the clamp, and the glue inserted on the eve when the adhesive drying becomes quite fragile and rushes).
As a rule, laying the tile with SVP is quite simple. You need to follow the instructions, and you will get a wonderful smooth masonry with your own hands. Of course, instructions for various species may differ significantly.
Below is a way to use wedge systems with all tricks and explanations:
- Prepare glue for tiles according to the instructions on the manufacturer packaging. Do not change the proportions of ingredients, as they are calculated as a result of many studies and many years of experience.
- Apply the prepared glue to the work surface (wall or floor), evenly distributing it with a toothed spatula. Also apply glue to the surface of the tile itself, which will be applied to the floor or wall.
- Place the first tile using a level or plumb, if the laying occurs on the surface of the wall. For uniform deposit from angles, use small plastic crosses that are sold in any construction store.
- For the first tile, put clamps from the sides from which neighboring tiles will be sent to it. Accordingly, if the tile is angular, only two neighboring tiles are knocked down with it, if not angular, then adjacent tiles adjacent to it from all four sides. Retreat from edge 0.5 – 1 cm to give space for tightening and fixing by clamps.
- Install the second tile, following the same action algorithm. Then insert the wedge into the clip, push it up to the stop or click and fix in this position.
- Ensure that the wedge is tightly adjacent to the bottom surface to both tiles, only in this case the self-leveling system will work as necessary. If the wedge fit only to one tile or does not fit to their surface in general, try to push the wedge and install it again. If this action does not help, remove the tile from the glue and install the new clamp.
Remember that the use of the tile leveling system is advisable only if there are no high surface height differences in the room, on which the tile laying is made. As well as the efficiency of the system depends on the quality of the ceramics itself. The higher the quality of ceramics, the less on it defects, chips and tubercles, the easier it is to work with SVP.
Never try to align the difference in height on the wall surface or floor with tiled glue. For such an alignment, use the screed or special self-leveling mixtures.
- Further placement of tiles and cligs with wedges is made similarly to the first two. For more accurate alignment, you can use a rubber hammer that is closed with a laid tile on each side.
- Perfect indoor temperature for tile laying – 18-24 degrees Celsius. What she is closer to this value, the less such problems as premature grasp of glue or freezing of water in the adhesive solution. When carrying out works, have a wet rag at hand to quickly remove with the front surface of the tile traces of glue, which are cleaned very difficult when drying. Put the tile in a well-lit and ventilated room.
- After drying the glue with a neat blow of the hammer or any other rebuilt tool, we break out the surface of the alignment system protruding over the surface. You can also use nippers, you can even kick over the protruding foot. It is very important to strike or apply effort along the seam line. This eliminates the spill of the clamp in an arbitrary place and the deformation of the already laid tile.
Wedges after cleaning from the remnants of the clamp and glue can be reused. You can clean them both manually and with the help of a washing machine and powder.
- After removing all parts of the SSP from the surface of the stoves, the seams must be lured by a special construction mixture. Apply it on the seam by a rubber spatula of a small size and let the mixes dry. On average for this day need. After drying, wash the floor with a damp cloth.
As you can see, the use of SVP does not require special skills or skill. The maximum effect is achieved by minimal effort. Of course, before work it is necessary to study feedback on a particular system, choose the appropriate option and clearly follow the instructions. And also do not forget about the safety technique, and then the repair will bring you not only the benefit, but also pleasure.
How do it yourself make a tile alignment system (reusable), see below.