A variety of wall coatings in our time makes thinking over the rationality of using certain materials for their finishing. One of the most sought-after options for this is paint, which is presented on the market a huge amount for every taste and wallet.
The Finnish company Tikkurila is one of the leaders in the production of paints and varnish coatings for different superficial. About the products of this company and will be discussed in this article.
Tikkurila Concern is not just a Finnish paint plant. This is a whole Scientific and Production Institute, which studies the market, examines and implements the latest developments in this area. Each product is subject to careful analysis and verification by the European Commission on Standardization. This brand produces its paint for more than 130 years and is an innovator in matters related to paint. Finnish manufacturers were the first to invite the buyer to create their own color using a tinting (mixing two or more colors to purchase the required shade).
The main features of colorful materials of the Tikkurila brand are:
- Ecology. This word today appears in almost every commercial. Finnish brand declares quite responsible that for the manufacture of its products only uses natural materials: wax, butter, earthy pigments of natural or mineral origin.
- Hypoallergenicity. Follows from the previous point. Tikkurila paints do not lead to allergies, provide natural ventilation of the room, passing air flow through themselves, and contribute to the removal of excess moisture and maintain the necessary humidity in the room.
- Durability. One of these advantages that is quite rare today and for big money (and it is not always). Thanks to the work of the Tikkurila Scientific Center, a unique paint composition has been created, allowing the coating to resist external influences: moisture, solar rays and sharp temperature drops.
- Brightness. A wide variety of shades allows you to approach the selection of paint so individually that this color may not be anymore in the world. But the main feature of the Finnish paint in this sense is that it will look equally bright and on the tree, and on the metal, and on the wall, since the products are made separately for each surface and cannot be burned in the sun.
To appreciate the products of the Finnish brand for advantage, it should be carefully considered all its positive and negative alarms.
Advantages and disadvantages
First of all, of course, I want to stay at the advantages, because with disadvantages it is necessary to work in each case.
For that buyers love Tikkurila paint:
- It can be washed as often as possible, without fear of erasing and fading;
- The durability and durability of paint serves as a weighty argument in their favor;
- The pricing policy makes it possible to make a choice between high quality wallpaper and tiled towards painting walls, which justifies itself with minimal material costs;
- Ease of use and the rate of application cause delight;
- It is so “impenetrable”, which is suitable for use in premises with young children and pets;
- Not afraid of multi-layered. If you wish, you can easily change the color of the walls in the room, just applying a new shade over the old.
Disadvantages each highlights individual. Today, the main minus of the facade paints Tikkurila is widely known – poor resistance to low temperatures. Despite the fact that Finland is a country with a pronounced winter climate, scientists of the concern did not fully developed an action plan when meeting their products with sharp weather worsening.
Tikkurila Plant manufactures such types of wall coverage:
The first view is characterized by the fact that it is made using water. Also has several varieties: water-level, water dispersive, acrylic, polyvinyl acetate, latex and silicone.
VioMulsion – Breathable, paint. Used indoors with high humidity level. Easily applied, after a certain time is washed off. Has a wide color row.
Water distribution has a modest palette, compared with the previous view, more resistant to moisture, does not tolerate temperatures below +6 degrees.
Acrylic – high strength, elastic, dear. With ease masks cracks, does not pass the air, after drying it becomes hyper-resistant to mechanical damage.
Latex paint – One of the most expensive in the Tikkurila lineer. Waterproof, durable and easily washable. Quickly dries after staining, but over time loses color.
Alkyd paints divided by enamel and oil. The first subgroup is based on lacquer components. They have a wide range of applications, glossy surface, dry over an hour and less, repel water and easily oppose corrosion.
Oil paints Created with the addition of oil. Used to dye various surfaces, excluding walls.
Silicate paints – Mineral paints because they contain liquid glass and alkali. When working with them, it is necessary to observe precautions: to wear a protective suit, gloves and mask.
They are waterproof, prevent the growing fungus, the appearance of mold, with ease tolerate harsh temperature differences.
Adhesive types of paints are divided into three groups:
- Casein – wear resistant, long retain color. They paint concrete, twisted and brick surfaces;
- Dexted – practically do not have resistance to moisture;
- Adhesive – absolutely not resistant to moisture and affecting carbon dioxide.
Among other things, I want to allocate special, high-quality different types of Tikkurila colors: magnetic, graphite and polyurethane. Let’s discuss each separately.
Interior paint Tikkurila “Magnetic” – This is the original water-fastened paint, made with the addition of magnetic crumb. She is always gray and matte. On her, like on the board, you can roll pictures, drawings, photos with small magnets, any metal trifles, without making in the walls of the hole.
Paint with the Effect of School Board – Styluminous (Graphite) Tikkurila’s paint “Liitu”. Can turn any wall of the room in canvas for a novice artist or writer. It is characterized by the fact that it is very resistant to washing, can withstand up to 5000 cleaning rigid brushes. Graphite base is produced in a wide variety of colors – from red to transparent and white. Like a chalk board, it allows both to exercise a fantasy on the walls of his home and perform homework to small schoolchildren.
Tikkurila “Temadur” – high-strength polyurethane paint, which is used for staining steel, aluminum products, as well as structures from black and galvanized metal. Has high anti-corrosion properties.
The variety of color scheme directly depends on what surface the paint is chosen, what is the texture of a particular brand products. So, for example, matte paint will have more classic, muted tones, glossy, on the contrary, can smear on a wide palette of shades. When choosing paint for this characterization, it should be borne in mind that matte will hide all visible irregularities and the errors of the wall, and the gloss, on the contrary, will expose all cons.
In addition to classic colors (white, black, blue, red, green), Tikkurila’s paint allows you to successfully use a tinting, which makes it possible to find exactly your shade – from simple pink, orange, ash, mint to luxurious gold, gourmet platinum, gentle silver. Gold paint, by the way, is very actively used for visual decrease in too volume. But it should not be remarring. Only a small focus on one section of the room will help to avoid the feeling of emptiness and cumbersome and give it a light shade of unobtrusive luxury.
Style and Design
In addition to classic color products, Tikkurila offers customers peculiar ready design solutions. After all, paint can share not only on glossy and matte, bright and pale, dark and light … A lot in the arsenal of the Finnish brand of decorative paints, which do not just ask the mood and feeling that you are not just painted the walls. They give your home texture variety and completion.
Paints with pearl or precious glitter, shiny of star dust – the most unusual textural variations.
The developers are guessing the desires of their future buyers who want to create a similarity of natural stone or walls in their home, glowing in the dark.
In order to paint the walls in the house under the “old”, there is no need to contact the specialists. It is enough to buy a special decorative Tikkurila paint and enjoy your own creative potential. The main thing is not to spoil the impression by the insufficient number of consumables.
Of course, it is best to calculate in advance how many paints will need for certain works.
Professionals recommend approaching this issue as follows:
- It is necessary to determine the amount of layers applied. From this depends on the color of the color and density of the coating.
- It should be remembered that light tones are spent more than dark.
- The thickness of the layers depends on the application method: spray, brush or roller. When used by the use of all three methods, the result may be the same. With insecurity in their abilities it is better to resort to the sprayer: then the flow rate will decrease at times due to the uniform distribution of paint on the surface.
- Matte paint is consumed less than decorative.
The average paint consumption is 110-120 mg per 1 m2. So, take, for example, a room with a total area of 20 m2. Paint most often sold in banks of 3 l. Thus, for painting this room, ordinary paint (without texture, in one layer), you must purchase 2 banks.
What to choose?
So, approach the choice of a certain kind of paint constructively. There are two main types of work for which paint can be used: internal and external. For internal works, interior paints are used to process walls and surfaces inside the house. The most popular types of paint for finishing dry rooms inside – water-emulsion. They can be used even for painting a children’s room. The best option (and, as a result, the most expensive) will be latex paints in the child’s room or room where there are pets.
In the interior are often used wooden accents. For example, alkyd, water dispersive and oil paints are most suitable for processing a staircase or furniture from wood. They not only take care of the tree, but also do not have a sharp smell, quickly dry and have a resistant to abrasion.
For more humid premises inside the house (bathroom and kitchen), the most successful selection will be silicate paint, which has a special “immunity” to the development of mold, fungus and harmful microorganisms.
Wallpaper coverage for painting should also be selected with all the factors capable of affecting its wear resistance. Best options will be acrylic, latex and water-emulsion paints.
The Internet is the most diverse responses on the theme of paints for the walls of Tikkurila.
We highlight the brightest of them:
- Alkid enamel “Mirantol” will dry for a long time, poorly grapps with the surface. If you do not experiment with the kel, the original color does not cause attractiveness.
- Tikkurila “Euro 7”. Latex paint for dry premises. It has a neutral smell, perfectly falls in two layers, dries in 2 hours. Perfectly washed after drying, not erased.
- The facade paint Tikkurila “Valtti Color”, according to customer reviews, is distinguished by high strength, low-temperature resistance and sun rays. Suitable for painting a wooden house from a bar and for stone brick-concrete facades.
- Tikkurila “Pesto 10” – interior paint, which buyers characterize as pleasant and convenient to use. Of the minuses of this coating, they call the specific smell and the price.
Paint, like clothes for each individual. Someone finds calm in bright saturated colors, someone wants to dilute their gray everyday life with warm pastel glossy colors. The choice is great, so act!
In the next video you will familiarize yourself with the tips on the color of the walls of paint Tikkurila.