A variety of colors that are presented in the range of modern shops, very wide. You can choose one of the options that is suitable for performing specific tasks. Nowadays, the most common water paints. What are their main features?
Features of the composition
Water-emulsion paint is a special emulsion, the basis of which are particles of polymeric origin. These components do not dissolve in water, as they turn into a very dense film. As a result, the surface treated with water-produced is obtained by smooth and smooth.
Its composition is rich in various elements:
- Additional components.
The scope of application of the material directly affects which items will be added to its composition. To get a snow-white coating, manufacturers often use sodium dioxide. If we are talking about a cheap material, then this element is replaced with chalk.
In order for the paint of this species to become thick, it is worth using the thickener. Often in the coating add glue. Demineralized water has become the basis of such paint, since it makes it possible to achieve a better consistency of the material.
The paint of this species has the following specifications:
- Viscosity. This material parameter is measured by a special device – viscometer.
- The average share of the material is 135 kilograms per liter.
- The coating will dry during a certain time, which depends on what temperature regime reigns indoors. The optimal option is about +20 degrees.
Based on such paints, different components may be present.
Each of the species has their own characteristics:
- Mineral materials – Cement is present in their composition. However, sometimes a similar component is replaced by hawed lime. These are covers that differ in the most affordable cost. However, their service life is minimal, which is worth taken into account in the process of choice.
Using a similar type of paint can be used for processing various coatings. But it is best to paint brick and concrete surfaces.
- Silicate compounds – These are materials, which contains special liquid glass. Paint will last as long as possible. Its cost is available, so you have the opportunity to purchase any volume of coating. But remember that the water-level paints of this species do not maintain the prolonged impact of moisture. That is why make repairs in the kitchen or in the bathroom with their help will not work.
- Acrylic solutions – As part of such coatings there are acrylic-based resins. These are durable coatings that make it possible to hide defects present on the treated surfaces. Similar paints are distinguished by a special structure that does not allow an increased level of humidity to deform the surfaces. Remember that before applying you need to cover the surfaces of the plaster and give them to dry. After plastering is worth the wait for a month, and only then you can paint the surface.
With the main types of such paint, which is common in our time, we figured out. But you will have to make the final choice yourself, focusing on your wishes and on the features of the room.
What to pay attention to when choosing?
In the process of selection of water-emulsion, you need to pay attention to many important nuances. It is important to understand that it is from the features of the coverage that the result of the tasks set before you depends.
- Remember that only well-known manufacturers guarantee the highest quality of paint and varnish material. You can choose the brand that has gained popularity and trust among buyers. Read reviews on the Internet, as well as read the other characteristics that may affect the final choice.
- Most often in stores you can get thick paints of the water-level type. However, some buyers try to save money, paying attention to budget materials. Cheap materials differ too liquid consistency. These are non-economic coatings that need too much for staining surfaces. They will not create a smooth and smooth layer.
Also, they are difficult to mix with dyes. That is why special attention should be paid to paint density. Too liquid options you will not fit, because with them you will not be able to achieve the desired results of repair.
Advantages and disadvantages
This type of coverage has its own characteristics.
At the very beginning, it is worth mentioning the strengths of the water disposal:
- Fast drying – the coating of this species will quickly dry, so it is often necessary to wait only a few minutes to start further work;
- Environmental purity – water-level paint does not harm human health, since it has no harmful components in its composition, which makes it possible to finish in an absolutely any room;
- Durability – the water-level paint is not peeled, even a few years after it is applied to the surface;
- Attractive appearance – there are no cracks on the paint, which could negatively affect its attractive look;
- Simplicity of application – to paint different surfaces, do not have to make special efforts, because everything is very simple and easy;
- Cost – the available cost of water-free paint makes it possible to purchase any amount of such goods.
Such covers are practically deprived of the weaknesses. However, it is necessary to remember that such options are not suitable for metal processing and gloss. The fact is that there are quite a few water in their composition, so rust may appear on the surfaces.
Nowadays, the modern market was filled with fakes of such paints, which are able to disappoint any buyer. They feel bad on the surface, and for staining it is necessary to use a large amount of materials. In the process of drying, the paint is dumping, and water is able to wash them off.
How to breed paint?
If we are talking about the water-level paint, the jar with which you just discovered, it does not have to breed it, because its consistency is ideal for applying to different surfaces. But in the event that you will use the paint sprayer or the remains of the old material, you have to dilute the paint. Otherwise, it will not fall on the surface as it is necessary.
To properly dilute the paint, follow the following simple rules:
- Water dilution should occur in proportions 1 to 10 parts of the volume of the paint that thickened;
- Dilute the material for finishing the surfaces must be gradually so that the composition is thick, therefore it is better to use a special building mixer;
- Mix the paint is necessary before obtaining the optimal consistency, but after reaching the desired result, it is worth a little wait for the foam to settle on the bottom.
As you can see, it is enough to add only water to create an optimal consistency of the coloring material. To check whether you spread the paint correctly, sink to her brush. Then spend it on the surface. If the solution is evenly uniform, then you did everything right.
Types of surfaces
Water-emulsion paint is a universal coating that is suitable for processing different surfaces. However, it is worth understanding in some cases Read more.
Paint is suitable for processing such surfaces:
- Tree – Water-level paint can protect wood from the negative impact of high humidity. This is the best option for the bathroom, if your home is built out of wood;
- Oil suspension – similar surfaces are coated with layers of acids and oils, so the paint will not be able to moisten the base as it is necessary. The grip is weak, so the result of the work will not justify your expectations. That is why it is worth getting rid of the old paintwork before processing the appropriate area;
- Plasterboard – can be painted the surface of the drywall, since paint will fall into it with a uniform and beautiful layer;
- Wallpapers – the water-emulsion composition is suitable only for glasses. If we are talking about paper wallpaper, you can encounter unforeseen difficulties in the work process. Also, the water emulsion is suitable for dyeing vinyl wallpaper, which can often be seen in the kitchen;
- Plywood – the surface of such a material must be carefully processed before painting to avoid possible problems in the process of applying paint;
- Metal – at the very beginning of the iron is treated with primer, since the application of water-level paint can cause rusty spots on the metal with time;
- Brick and concrete – you can handle the paint surface with a roller or brush. The water-emulsion is perfectly combined with similar materials, since it has high adhesion indicators.
These are the main types of materials that can be treated with waterproof paint. You can cope with the works promptly and efficiently, without making special efforts and without spending a lot of money.
Preparation of the room
Water-emulsion paints are not too demanding to the surfaces that you will apply them. Put the walls, ceilings or facades in order for the color to be smooth and neat. It is necessary to pre-shine cracks and remove the tuberca. Pay special attention to the putty so that after completing the work, the defects are not too high.
In addition, you will need a primer to make the surface smoother, smooth and improve the adhesion with paint. Of course, if the design itself provides for some defects, it is not necessary to align and primed the surface.
Even the most accurate people are not insured against the appearance of droplets and divorces during surface treatment. That is why it is necessary to bed on the floor to the floor and close the other items before plastering and painting the walls.
In particular, it is important to properly prepare the room in the event that you will apply paint using a sprayer. Remember that the paint droplets will be in the air and settle on various surfaces. If it is possible, remove the heating radiators to easily process areas behind them.
Subtleties of painting
Water-leveling paint technology is very simple. It is practically no different from the features of applying other coatings.
You must remember the following points:
- Usually paint is supplied white, as special pigments must be purchased separately. When you add them to the paint, it can be applied to the surface;
- In the coating there are no dangerous to health components, therefore, even allergys will be able to paint surfaces that are sensitive to different irritants;
- The solvent is ordinary water, so you can apply and store the dye at a temperature above zero. Remember that if the interior design implies one shade, it is impossible to get it twice. It is necessary to make individual portions of the material, otherwise the result of the work will not meet your expectations.
It is necessary to work in stages:
- When the walls and the room will be prepared, paint must be divorced so that the consistency of the liquid sour cream. When using the collapse, the solution must be sufficiently liquid.
- Old coatings must be carefully removed so that there are no single track on the walls and other surfaces.
- Painting the room must be started with the corners, following the lower part. Apply emulsion to a smooth layer. It is necessary to provide high-quality lighting to visually control the monotony of the applied layer.
- If the formulation of paint is designed for drywall or brick, then staining the surfaces in three layers. If we are talking about staining wallpaper, then there will be two layers of paint.
- After applying the first coating layer, it is necessary to wait for it to dry. This time depends on the temperature in the room, as well as the humidity level. Usually paint dries for five hours, if we are talking about normal conditions.
- If you have made a choice in favor of a textured surface, it is necessary to use a roller that is supplemented with a lining. It is possible to make a relief more expressive, if at the very beginning to take advantage of a dump truck. The second color is applied with a dense roller made of foam rubber.
- Be sure to arma a rag or a cloth to quickly get rid of the dye droplets falling on the surface. When the last layer of paint dries, you can remove the elements of protection and arrange furniture in the apartment.
If you decide to use a pulverizer to dye the walls of water-emulsion paint, then work can be cope with the minimum time interval. However, it takes very carefully to the purity of the fluid used. If suddenly in the emulsion there is garbage, then nozzle will quickly clog. As a result, you spend a lot of time to clean the tool. This reduces the speed of work, and the results of labor.
In all other situations, focus on the rules described above. You have the opportunity to achieve an impeccable pearl surface with minimal time.
- Packaging of paintwork always contains marks about the volume of material. However, in some cases it is necessary to breed the balance. In this situation, it is not necessary to determine the volume of material. To calculate how much water-emulsion you have left, take advantage of a measuring glass or liter can. Only in this case, you can make the material to use correctly for its use.
- For dilution of material used ordinary water. Its temperature should vary in the range from 18 to 30 degrees. Use too cold or too hot water is not recommended as you get an inhomogeneous material that is very difficult to apply on the surface.
- Dilute the paint is better purified by water, which you will need not so much. Remember that in the composition of technical water there are all sorts of impurities. They will affect the characteristics of the water-emulsion composition not in the best way, so it is not worth risking.
If you comply with these simple rules, you can save on the acquisition of new materials. You also will also have the opportunity to free your storeroom or garage from the residual solution, which will definitely find the application.
These are the main features of water-resistant paints. You can choose a coating that is suitable for work in your room. The range of similar materials in our time is so wide that you can focus on the features of the tasks set in front of you. The main thing is that the paint is high quality and reliable, because only in this case the repair will be completed successfully.
How to paint the walls of water-level paint, see below.