This time for interior finishing works, people are increasingly using decorative plaster. Structured coatings are characterized by aesthetic and wonderful performance, they are suitable for various interior styles. Many choose decorative stucco under the brick, because such surfaces look very interesting. Consider more details of the pros and cons of such materials, the main varieties of such “masonry”, the features of the use of compositions.
Consumers celebrate a large number of pluses of plaster under the brick.
Among the main advantages of such coatings, the following can be distinguished:
- Ease of finishing work. Such materials are very simply applied, for this it is not necessary to seek help from experienced specialists. However, it is worth noting that the formation of the “masonry” itself will require time and patience.
- Such coatings are distinguished by resistance to mechanical loads, durability, long service life (of course, much depends on how finishing works were carried out). Plasters under the brick are suitable for various premises.
- This material is very environmentally friendly, it is safe for human health.
- Similar compositions provide heat and sound insulation in the premises.
- Such materials are of a variety of colors.
- The price of such covers is quite accessible, consumers can afford them with different income levels.
If we talk about the minuses of the “brick” surface, you can note the features of its texture. In aesthetical plan, this is a plus, but in practical – extra inconvenience, because various pollution accumulates in the deepens. It should also be noted that before applying such coatings, you need to carefully prepare the grounds. Otherwise “masonry” will not look beautiful.
To carry out the interior decoration under the brick using decorative plaster, you can use different methods.
Options may be:
- The use of gypsum tiles (with its help you can imitate bricks);
- Application on texture plaster (it should be raw).
This option is particularly popular as drawing to the surface. By choosing this method, you can save significantly, because you do not have to buy a large number of materials.
Creating imitation of brickwork on plaster – a rather exciting and creative process (especially if you draw bricks yourself). You can slightly twist the seams: so the surface will look very interesting. The illusion of this masonry you can create precisely with the help of light negligence.
The wall decorated with bricks can look as much as possible: To do this, you need to paint them in a natural color. However, other options are possible, brighter and unusual. Some highlight seams, making them darker.
You can experiment with forms, and with surfaces. Leave bricks with rough, uneven or make them as smooth as possible – in both cases the wall will look very interesting. Some designs are very well suited forged surfaces. To achieve such an effect, you can carry out special processing.
Different options are possible: imitation of beautiful facing brick, “street” clinker or even styling for antiquity. You can make the coating geometrically verified, neat or give the surface is deliberately rough view.
It is not necessary to decorate the imitation of brick masonry. Such a decor is even better to combine with more traditional finishing materials: a cafeter, paint, wallpaper.
The following options enjoy popularity:
- Decorating various openings (window, door), arches. So you can make an object more attractive, give it an individuality. It should also be noted that the surfaces with such a finish are distinguished by a greater resistance to various mechanical impacts.
- Plots with “masonry” can be placed chaotic. With this reception you can highlight certain elements of the interior (pictures, fireplaces, mirrors).
- One wall in the room can be separated by “brick”. This option to use plaster under the brick is the most popular: you can highlight the most beautiful place indoors.
Tips and recommendations
Before using decorative plaster, it is necessary to equalize the walls. Preliminary preparation is very important: if you ignore this stage, with time the coating can start peeling, cracking.
It will be necessary to do the following:
- remove old coatings from the wall, wallpaper;
- eliminate chips, potholes, cracks and other similar defects;
- Apply to the most problematic places plaster.
Prior to the use of decorative material it is imposed on the wall of the primer. It must be selected, focusing on the type of foundation. The amount of primer material depends on it.
What to choose what is better?
If you want to obtain a brickwork imitation, it is better to stop the choice on plaster plaster.
It should be preferred with materials that differ in the following advantages:
- environmental friendliness;
- excluding shrinkage;
- Easy to use.
It is not recommended to mix cement tile and plaster stucco material. Otherwise, the coating will be cracked, peel from the surface.
If you plan to apply gypsum plaster, prepare the following tools:
- plaster rule;
- steel spatula (blade should be quite wide – about 25 cm);
- The extender that the masonry is used;
- Less wide spatula (width – up to 10 cm): This tool will be convenient to use to correct small defects;
- Scraper (you can use a self-made plate of steel, chisel).
Calculate the surface area you will handle, It should be focused on the amount of cooked material. When primer is applied to the surface, use plaster. Apply a layer of material and make it as smooth as possible.
You can start creating seams when the solution will dry up: use a long construction rule for this. The optimal width of the seams is up to 10 mm. Creating seams, consider the drawing you want to get.
Suture outwards, process them using a scraper. With this tool, you will need to remove excess plaster. How deeply you have to clean the seams depends on the designer idea. You can get a specific form using the extension.
Some prefer to use brick masonry malarious scotch. This method of work is more laborious, because the tape is quite difficult to remove from the surface. Together with the scotch, part of the plastering can be removed from the wall. After removing the tape, you will need to additionally process the seams, “bricks”.
If you still stopped the choice on this method, apply primer to the surface and designate future seams using a pencil. Verify the greasy tape for the drawn seams. The ends of the sticky tape must be outside the site that you treat.
Using a spatula, apply a gypsum solution on the surface. Stucco will also need to cover the tape on the seams. Then make the layer as smooth. When the material gets dry, carefully remove the tape by pulling it out for its ends. Do not tighten with the removal of Scotch, because then the plaster will freeze, and it will be much more difficult to do it.
Having received the seams, you will need to correct the drawing and wait for the absolute drying of the coating. To the edges become smooth and smooth, you can handle them with a wet sponge.
To stucco with imitation of brickwork looked as beautiful as possible, you can make an aesthetic surface finish. Many prefer to use coloring compositions. You can choose a standard paint or try mixing various paints, so that the tint has become unique.
The coloring composition is usually applied in two stages:
- First, the paintwork covers the entire surface. To do this, you can use a sprayer or brush.
- Using a brush, apply the coloring composition of the selected shade on the seams.
A variety of coloring options are possible – it all depends on your preferences and fantasies. You can make seams with white, allocate them with a dark color. Before applying paint, you can handle the surface using sandpaper: so the wall will become as smooth as possible, and the coating will be perfect.
For brickwork imitation, you can choose gray, brown, reddish shades. Some prefer not to paint the wall, and add the necessary dyes to the plaster. You can additionally put the paint: so the surface will become more aesthetic, and the coating will be protected from fading. If you want to get a “coarse” surface, apply different coloring compositions that are slightly different from the tones. So “masonry” will become the most natural.
Imitation of brickwork will make the interior of the room more original. This design is suitable for a variety of styles. With the application of decorative plaster under the brick, it is quite possible to cope yourself: you only need to choose high-quality materials, use convenient tools and take into account certain recommendations.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Created by you “Bricks” can look like expensive clinkers.
The accent wall with the imitation of brickwork significantly revives the interior.
“Masonry” may look deliberately careless.
Many prefer to paint seams with dark color. This is a common design option that is particularly well suited for Scandinavian style.
About the advantages and minuses of plaster under the brick, see the following video.